PDA

View Full Version : Gets my Ep3 Tommorow!

yellermelon
06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Well Ive always driven Eg's, and eks. Back in 05 I looked at a EP3 on the Honda lot. I decided against it due tot he wierd shifter. After a few years Ive decided its time to take the plunge. Im especially happy since Ive been reading the shifter is no big deal haha.
Cant wait to not be a "honda fan boi mold"! Took me FOREVER to find one..then even longer to find one not beat to hell!
Getting a 100% stock FBP 03 with 67k on it :) Post pics later!

yyi
06-24-2010, 07:44 PM
congrats!!! very glad to see you decided to get the ep, can't wait to see pics!

charles
06-24-2010, 08:36 PM
welcome, nice pick up

Tnhatch03
06-24-2010, 10:03 PM
once you go rally shifting, anything else is uncivilized.

Andrew
06-24-2010, 11:11 PM

i second this, i've driven other cars without our rally style shifter and i feel like it sucks and is so uncomfortable imo. maybe it's just those DA9s ive driven, but so far nothing as beaten our shifter for my preference

2k3hatchie
06-25-2010, 09:29 AM

i second this, i've driven other cars without our rally style shifter and i feel like it sucks and is so uncomfortable imo. maybe it's just those DA9s ive driven, but so far nothing as beaten our shifter for my preference

That's always the first thing I get asked about my car "how do you like the shifter?", "Isn't that weird?" Gets kind of annoying, but I love my car and its rally shifter! Congrats on the buy!

hondaguy92129
06-25-2010, 09:34 AM
rally shifter ftw! Think about this, do you want your steering wheel at chest level or down by your butt while driving? Whats easier to reach? :)

Can't wait for the pics though!

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
06-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Congrats on the car and the car is Vivid Blue unless someone pained it the FBP.

pricha00
06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Pics man we need pics!!!! Congrats on your new ride...I wasn't even looking for an EP3 when I found mine. First drive sold me, love the shifter and the steering feel and the overall tightness of the car. I may have picked something other than EYP for a color, but I can always find my car in the parking lot. My only gripe, is the short gearing, my car lives on the highway, the car could use about 20% less gear IMO.

Pat.

yellermelon
06-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I now agree! LOVE LOVE LOVE the shiffter. And as you state the overall tightness of the car. I drove this took me a min to get use too..(lack in power from my eg sucks but oh well) but after a few mins Im like Pshh..this is awesome. the steering wheel is tighter than my personal I had in my eg..clutch pedal is short and tight, gears are a wrist flick away, and steering is "like woah" responcive.
I had to take it to get a alighnment first thing..Was way out and handled like crap at first. Put the car on a lift and learned it come with Eibach pro springs..unfortunatley no rear camber and thats 2 degrees in...Only leak on motor was sensor above oil filter, and as everyone said its got tie rod ends that are showing wear. It has a small amount of steering "creak" nothing to write home about though.
Wierdest noise i noticest was a strange squeek when accelerating..Ive narrowed this down to ...must be the intake? Has a injen intake on it. Anyway I drove 125 miles on it today its awesome! Also it came with a mugen style wing thats not paint matched very well lol!
I got her home ditched the stock wheels and planted some RAYS Gramlight Maximum 57 16x7 on her..looks like Im gonna buy a bigger tire..maybe a 50 series? Anybody with eibach pro springs and 16's..any advice?
Ive got a few other NOOb questions but Ill make a post in other part of forum witht hem lol
Iphone PICS, Bring the D40 out later
Anybody who dont like this picture..should never own a civic..
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/yellermelon/car/photo40.jpg
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/yellermelon/car/photo41.jpg
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/yellermelon/car/photo42.jpg

03NorVa
07-01-2010, 08:43 AM
That's always the first thing I get asked about my car "how do you like the shifter?", "Isn't that weird?" Gets kind of annoying, but I love my car and its rally shifter! Congrats on the buy!

same here, "isnt that wierd?" i answer the same way every time, "well after about 3 days of grabbing water bottles to shift you cant beat it." it feels so natural to shift up there than way down by your knee. not to mention it provides a good stash spot under the drink holders haha. took me about 2 days to find it.

Kerby
07-01-2010, 09:04 AM
hmm.... is it just me or are ep3s starting to pop all over the place.
I remember i could go WEEKS and not see any ep3. now, theres like 4 in my town.

shortstop
07-01-2010, 03:01 PM

Yes this^^^ I had my ep for 2 years and rarely saw one, just this year before I traded it in I was seeing a bunch and there were at least 5 in the "car crowd" not to mention all the regular people who don't mod ep's

thakid
07-01-2010, 08:49 PM
A quick note. Its not 100% stock. Mugen rep wing. So its like 98% stock. haha but welcome to the ep3 crowd.

yellermelon
07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
yeah its got eibachs onit too..I didnt know all that when I made the first post. I have been driving the crap outta this thing ive put 400 miles on it since I got it! Lovin it!

2k3hatchie
07-02-2010, 08:08 AM
same here, "isnt that wierd?" i answer the same way every time, "well after about 3 days of grabbing water bottles to shift you cant beat it." it feels so natural to shift up there than way down by your knee. not to mention it provides a good stash spot under the drink holders haha. took me about 2 days to find it.

Heh took me a couple days to figure it out too, I love the cubbie!

Yea, I've just started noticing more and more in my home town, probably cause the price is coming down heh.

Onasty
07-02-2010, 10:40 PM
nice pick up