PDA

View Full Version : What did I do and how do I turn it off (air bag light)?

evgacomputers
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
So I installed a start to a nice sound quality system in the Civic on the weekend.
a pair of of 6.5" Focal K2 powers and Audison 2.4 LRx amp.

Yes it sounds amazing, and makes you ears ring after you listen to it.
Plus everyone looks at you and starts dancing when you got a Kris Kross on ( warm it up Kriss)

but lets get back to the topic.

After I finished the install I noticed that my Air Bag light is on now!

I have no idea what I did to cause this.
The only thing I can think of is, when installing the amp I tried to remove the passenger seat. I was going for a stealth install look by hiding the amp under the seat.

I tried to disconnect the yellow cables, but couldn't so I just worked around them.

After talking to my brother he told me anything in yellow is usally related to the SRS system.

Does anyone know how to get that light to turn off?
My car has never been any type of accident so its not a real air bag code.

Also for the amp I'am sharing the post that all the other ground wires are on under the seat.
Is that a bad idea?

P.S I just wanted to thank the forum or who ever posted the topic on the power wire routing.

usedep3
06-25-2010, 05:49 AM
yea, it's probably bc u messed with the yellow cables under the seat. you were suppose to disconnect the battery before to mess with those cables. i know there's a DIY method using a paperclip to reset the SRS computer.
:searchnoob:

ohdamngetit
06-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Your Welcome. I did the same thing. put my amps under the seats and disconnected the yellow harness.

Do this DIY and it should be fine. Mines turned off. It takes a few tries. Be patient.... well, it did for me atleast. I have fat-finger syndrome but thats another story.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43930

ohdamngetit
06-25-2010, 07:38 PM
I just realized the pics are not hosted anymore.... sorry :(

yellermelon
06-25-2010, 07:50 PM
gotto do this same thing..Im gonna try to do it with no pics lol...

pricha00
06-25-2010, 08:55 PM
If you go to the dealer you can obtain the plastic service tool that fits right in the srs plug. Way easier than the paper clip method, I made Honda pay for the seatbelt latch on the drivers side, so I no longer use my clip. It just sits in my glovebox, but I used to have to shut that damn light off once every couple of days.

Pat.

yellermelon
06-25-2010, 10:17 PM
what was wrong with your seatbelt latch? Mines wierd it dont always want to click...

pricha00
06-26-2010, 07:28 PM
From what I have been told their is some sort of defect that causes an intermittent problem where the SRS computer detects some sort of problem with the drivers latch. The latch always worked well, it is a electrical issue inside the latch. After reset it would take a few days or maybe a week or so to come back on. I believe in the US Honda was doing this fix under an TBS but up here I had to fight to get at least some coverage for this repair. I got Honda to pay for the part and I paid a dealer to install it. The part is not inexpensive!!!!

Pat.

yellermelon
06-27-2010, 05:44 PM
reset mine today, turned car on no srs. turned it off and back on and the light came on...so I dunno lol.

jh604
06-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Im having the same problems. out of no where my srs light comes on...scan it and it says "driver seat belt switch failure". I bought a used/working seatbelt buckle and deleted the code. fair enough few days later code comes back the same code. cleared the code and came back again

EP3driver
06-28-2010, 06:06 PM
If you go to honda-tech under the diys there is a writeup to fix with pics, same procedure for the EP3...