PDA

View Full Version : BBP exhaust?

tlikethedrink
06-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Ebay special, N1 style... -+$100 shipped!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-Honda-Civic-SI-EP3-HB-BBP-Catback-Exhaust-Muffler-/380233145226?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item5887a95b8a

anyone have it? sound clips?

even if it just fits, its worth it in just the piping... add a twin loop or something.

tried seaching, ebay and exhaust get you hundreds of results...

AUTiger
06-25-2010, 08:04 AM
maybe it is just me, but they don't say what size diameter the piping is, other than the 4.5in tip. It's not worth is for the piping if it is 1.75-2in.

bnovelli
06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm also possibly considering this, just for the piping. There are a few "N1" style knock offs on ebay for around 100 bucks. They all look exactly the same and some of the other ones state that its 2.5 inch piping. If there is anymore info on this, i'd love to hear it

MugenReplica
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
You honestly can't go wrong for that price if it's at least 2.25" ID. It's going to be loud though, there isn't even a resonator on that secondary part of the pipe, just straight through to the muffler.

black05ep
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
i actually had this on my car b4 i got my skunk2. its 2.25 pipe 4.5 tip. quality was good. fitment was also.i would use gasket sealer or another type of gasket thoough only because im not partial to the mesh crush gaskets. exhaust actually isnt loud at all. atleast wasnt on my car. my skunk2 witht eh silencer is was louder than the bbp without it. the tip poked out a tad 2 much for my liking. only becuase i like flush exhausts. but that just me. i only swapped the exhaust cuz i wanted louder and im a big sk2 fan. i also bought mine with the shorty header. and that helped the powerband a little no complaints there either. quality was good to. never rusted. only the bolts did. hope this helps.

black05ep
06-25-2010, 11:10 AM
mine also had a resonator on the bpipe

MugenReplica
06-25-2010, 11:19 AM
mine also had a resonator on the bpipe

You must have had the Tsudo 2.5" like I had (I wonder why this one doesn't show the resonator?). I thought it was a decent exhaust when the price was $150 shipped back in the day. You're right on everything else you mentioned IMO also.

black05ep
06-25-2010, 12:21 PM
im sure it was a bbp. it had bbp stamped on the badge. i have pics somewhere i believe ill look and post them up when i get a chance. only mine was 2.25 im looking to upgrade my skunk from 2.25 to a 2.5 though. i mean the quality is good and doesnt sound bad. just too quiet for my taste. MUGEN if you look in the pic closely on the ebay page its got a res on it. just hard to see. i almost missed it the b pipe is 2 pieces its on the piece closest to the header

tlikethedrink
06-25-2010, 07:35 PM
may be something to look into then...

yea most say 2.5 diam, im not a fan of that huge straight thru muffler tho. i really dont want a drone in cabin. ive had enough of that (used to have a spyder gst with a full 3" inch- no cat)

black05ep
06-25-2010, 08:57 PM
you shouldnt have the drone with this. its not that loud. it looks loud but thats about it.

mp_02si
06-28-2010, 05:00 AM
I was real happy with my 2.5" ebay exhaust that i use to have on my car. Fitment was just a little off but not much. For the price tho you could not beat it. I think mine was a speedyracer.com. Scraped everywhere I went but thats just cause my car is too low and I live in a town where the entrance to every parking lot is a freaking mountain with a huge dip at the bottom. The rednecks love it tho.

gordonjj
07-13-2010, 04:01 AM
I'm also possibly considering this exhaust (http://www.allexhaust.com/), just for the piping. There are a few "N1" style knock offs on ebay for around 100 bucks for a magnaflow (http://www.magnaflow.com/). They all look exactly the same and some of the other ones state that its 2.5 inch piping. If there is anymore info on this, i'd love to hear it

Very good price. Have you researched on the drone?

.colin
07-13-2010, 06:59 AM
pics of it installed?

goldEp
07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
bbp.. i bought it expecting trash but for the price i didnt have much to lose...3 years latter..i still have it..i was never a fan of the muffler can so i bought a black vibrant from ephatch member and the exhaust sounst great and i have a set of long tube headers..not a bad exhaust..i might buy another one just for the midpipe..couse its not loud and i love that..mine is a 2.5 from header collector back..all straight flow 2.5..but yes bolt rust easy and use differgasket..i did.sounds great..

tlikethedrink
08-21-2010, 01:40 AM
really thinkin about this one. i may just order it on monday... i could experiment with mufflers if i really dont like the sound or if it drones.
ive looked all over for sound clips. this is about as good as i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZaAVDKDMc

this guy sounds a little different, test pipe/rh maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoYHzgQVnGE

ep3colin
08-22-2010, 12:39 PM
i have one, drone is bad on the freeway (with no silencer)

not the usual ricer, crackling, farting noises though

but still not perfect, (i personally like it)

i have a cellphone video of it but i cant get it on my comp (pm me and i could text you the vid if really interested)

trippy
08-22-2010, 01:53 PM
DUDE !!! i want it now ! APEXI ws2 for sell !

gamma6
08-22-2010, 04:56 PM
so is that it on the youtube video? cuz if it is im might just consider it... considering a students budget cant afford a nice catback no where that price

tlikethedrink
08-22-2010, 05:37 PM
i have one, drone is bad on the freeway (with no silencer)

not the usual ricer, crackling, farting noises though

but still not perfect, (i personally like it)

i have a cellphone video of it but i cant get it on my comp (pm me and i could text you the vid if really interested)

damn, that sucks. i might get it next week, i guess if i really cant stand it ill order a twin loop or something. thanks for your input man.
yeah my cell phone is kinda shit,its a work phone. email it to me just like a text if you can, tlikethedrink@yahoo

tlikethedrink
08-22-2010, 05:38 PM
DUDE !!! i want it now ! APEXI ws2 for sell !
ill buy one and trade you lol

tlikethedrink
08-22-2010, 05:39 PM
yeah just videos i found on youtube. yeah like i said even with the addition of another muffler- it shouldnt top 200. its still a pretty good deal.

gamma6
08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
damn, that sucks. i might get it next week, i guess if i really cant stand it ill order a twin loop or something. thanks for your input man.
yeah my cell phone is kinda shit,its a work phone. email it to me just like a text if you can, tlikethedrink@yahoo

yeah i was thinking about getting custom piping and slapping on a twin loop but i havent heard it person... but not a bad idea to get this one and if it doesn't work out get the twinloop

tlikethedrink
08-23-2010, 10:21 PM
so i just ordered mine... hopefully it will get here this week and i can install this weekend. keeping the twin loop muffler on watch lol. just in case. i will probably order it anyways. install will depend on how pleasant the catback sounds.

gamma6
08-23-2010, 10:39 PM
keep us updated... for 100 bucks and the youtube video link u posted it might have convinced me... only thing is that im really wondering if that is the same exhuast in the video

ep3colin
08-24-2010, 12:48 AM
i decided not to send anyone a crappy cellphone video but instead tomorrow ill be updating this thread with a real video

my canon xsi doesnt take vids =[ so it'll just be a point and shoot but this thread will be updated in hopefully about twelve hours from now

ep3colin
08-24-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of702pLAZF0

boom, the sound your hearing, is the exhaust when it was new slightly hitting my bumper, just needed to adjust the hangers farther into the rubber holders

your welcome! i got mine for 106 shipped!

tlikethedrink
08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
thanks!
not bad! it doesnt sound too bad for 100 bucks. yeah mine ran me 106 shipped. i hope to get it in on friday so i can install this weekend. i dont think ill have a chance for a while if i dont get it done this weekend.

im gonna hold off on ordering the twin loop. i might even add a cherry bomb if it gets to be too loud for my taste.

gamma6
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
is it slightly angled to the side or does it come out straight? can't tell in the vid, but it sounds nice

ep3colin
08-27-2010, 12:47 AM
slightly to the side, i think if it was angled more towards the sky it would look almost like the hks hipower, but then again maybe a muffler shop could do that

gamma6
08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
well i tried looking for it on ebay and no luck... :(

ep3colin
08-30-2010, 04:58 PM
yeah it seems i couldnt find it either =/ weird

well im going to the exhaust shop tomorrow to get my stock axleback welded on so i can roll around in stealth mode, kinda tired of being the center of attention every time i wanna smash for just a second

tlikethedrink
08-31-2010, 10:19 PM
well i tried looking for it on ebay and no luck... :(

Search PANDAMOTIONS, theyre the ones i ordered from. but thier shipping department was "backed up"... im just now supposed to recieve mine tomorrow and i payed for it on the 25th.

290463953706 item number

tlikethedrink
09-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Bolted on PERFECT. stock nuts and bolts to the cat side and all new hardware after. Went on in about 30 mins...
Its crazy how tiny the stock pipe is. This kit is well worth the money. I took pics installed that ill post with a video tomorrow.

Loud. its not not bad tho. i can imagine the 70mm kits would be a bit over the top. Ill try the silencer out in the morning...

Colin, thanks for the text man.

ep3colin
09-01-2010, 09:31 PM
yeah no problem at all, wd40 and silicone is your friend on this one

just a heads up the silencer makes the exhaust almost silent! no drone or anything

i personally have it removed because im getting my stock axleback welded on here soon

gamma6
09-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Bolted on PERFECT. stock nuts and bolts to the cat side and all new hardware after. Went on in about 30 mins...
Its crazy how tiny the stock pipe is. This kit is well worth the money. I took pics installed that ill post with a video tomorrow.

Loud. its not not bad tho. i can imagine the 70mm kits would be a bit over the top. Ill try the silencer out in the morning...

Colin, thanks for the text man.

pics and video plz

tlikethedrink
09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Sorry it took so long to get this done, been busy.

since the install-
ive love the silencer. i drove the car for a day without the silencer, tried a day with... itll stay in unless im going to be messing around. i just cant stand to drive around with people in the car and having to yell over the exhaust.
its just started to rattle a little bit. it started out as a smaller rattle when the ac was on at idle. its gotten worse in the past few days. im going play with the hangers a bit this weekend.

the pics are huge. i tried to show the complete exhaust all the way up to the cat. the pic with the silencer got a better flash.

the smaller pics are links to the vids with and without the silencer. its a little gusty outside and the camera sucks... but i said i would upload vids so here you go:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/SANY0663.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/th_SANY0664.jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/?action=view&current=SANY0664.mp4)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/SANY0662.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/th_SANY0661.jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/?action=view&current=SANY0661.mp4)

ep3colin
09-16-2010, 08:39 PM
so how are you liking it?

im still debating on whether or not to get my stock muffler welded on

afraid it might sound funny :/

gamma6
09-16-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah i saw them back up on ebay a few weeks ago, kinda still debating while i save funds lol, but it sounds nice not too sure about the drone tho... so does the muffler come out the back angled? cant tell with the pics... and the second video was HELLA gusty!
How are the gains?

tlikethedrink
09-17-2010, 12:07 AM
yeah its kinda cocked right and up a little. i looks nice. quality is awsome, especially for the money. ill snap a pic tom for the angle.
gains were ok, nothing drastic. but i def felt it open up top.

drone isnt a problem with the silencer. it really has a nice tone in the car with the silencer. it is Loud without it, no question. but its a nice tone too. i would say go for it. im thinking of buying a twin loop like i originally planned- but having the axle back made so i have this muffler to switch out when i want. damn $80 mufflers lol.

Colin,
I wouldnt add the stock muffler to this system. i would buy a 2.5 inch muffler and have an axle back made to bolt up to the rest. if it not what you wanted you can always go back... thats what im thinking for the twin loop or a flowmaster or something.
Holley has a brand called FlowTech. they make all kinds of mufflers for cheap. under 50 bucks for an actual muffler. i think i bought a RAPTOR for 15 at checkers. look em up. thats the way i would go

gamma6
09-17-2010, 09:25 AM
nice. ill see when i can get this bad boy

tlikethedrink
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
fixed the rattle! it just got to be annoying. every stop light or start up/shut down... i took a peak and found that the hanger holding the mid pipe up over the rear "axle" was busted. the exhaust was rubbing on the rear sway. no damage was noticeable to either- i had exhaust hanger strap left over from something else. 5 min fix that i would have driven me crazy all next week.

i took a pic, upload it in a bit

SUSHI_NE1
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I was really thinking of getting one of these. I have a type-s midpipe and DC shorty, so this will sound nice all together. EXCITED!... :-D

tlikethedrink
09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
yeah i saw them back up on ebay a few weeks ago, kinda still debating while i save funds lol, but it sounds nice not too sure about the drone tho... so does the muffler come out the back angled? cant tell with the pics... and the second video was HELLA gusty!
How are the gains?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/0917100909a.jpg

jed_averill
09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm looking at videos and I like how it sounds deep... or maybe it's just becuase I turned up the Bass. When I turn it down, sounds like a rice rocket lol.

gamma6
09-22-2010, 08:30 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/0917100909a.jpg

looks nice bro, im afraid im not gonna get it due to the recent robbery's and car theft. so im gonna try to keep it stock looking and not try to draw more attention... they stole my frat bros boosted miata in daylight (had no alarm tho, i know his bad) and they stole my other bro's old accord and he lives around the corner... these happened in this past month...

SUSHI_NE1
09-22-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm liking the angle of the exhaust. I have a rear lip so it will hide the tip a bit. Sucks that you have to rethink Buying something you may like cuz of others stupidities. I'm still getting this... hopping hoping to order it next week. YAY!!!!! :-)

tlikethedrink
09-23-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm looking at videos and I like how it sounds deep... or maybe it's just becuase I turned up the Bass. When I turn it down, sounds like a rice rocket lol.

its def a deeper sound. one of these days ill do a redo/ricer flyby video...

jed_averill
09-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Please do. I'm in the BBP budget lol

gamma6
01-24-2011, 10:11 PM
i recently bought an ebay exhaust and it looks like the bbp one...
everything went well during install but my muffler sits a bit higher than the one posted(see pic)
once i put the car on the ground i had like an inch of clearance on my midpipe thing... does it look fixable? imma try to take it to a shop to see if they can make it sit higher it appears as if the pipe where it connects to the cat can be bended to aim upwards instead of downwards
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/orange_ben/CIMG2857.jpg
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/orange_ben/CIMG2856.jpg
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/orange_ben/CIMG2858.jpg

USAF EP3
01-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Holy clearance Batman!

Dude, you're really low to the ground, lol. How do you manage around town?

PatrickJamesYu
01-25-2011, 02:17 AM
i recently bought an ebay exhaust and it looks like the bbp one...
everything went well during install but my muffler sits a bit higher than the one posted(see pic)
once i put the car on the ground i had like an inch of clearance on my midpipe thing... does it look fixable? imma try to take it to a shop to see if they can make it sit higher it appears as if the pipe where it connects to the cat can be bended to aim upwards instead of downwards

Dude that's how mine has been since I installed my Greddy evo2.
A local shop said there wasn't anything they could do..
It's annoying cause my car isn't really THAT low..
But the mid-pipe clearance is horrid
Mine sits probably about 1.5" from the ground

tlikethedrink
02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
yeah that is way too low for a DD...

i have monster truck stance so im not worried about dragging (yet)- even with some springs, you gotta figure less than 2inches isnt gonna make that big of a difference.

i would play with your hangers a little bit, you may get a little clear a bit more but not much. but like mentioned above, your gonna have this problem with any aftermarket exhaust. these cars dont have a tunnel for the exhaust to tuck up in to. i feel sorry for people running 70mm sk2's.

ep3colin
02-03-2011, 11:39 PM
are you sure thats bbp? because pretty god damn low and i have atleast an inch higher than yours

tlikethedrink
02-08-2011, 11:59 PM
bbp or whatever other ebay brand is going to be right about the same thing... its kinda like megan is the name brand ebay stuff, everything else is even more generic. nothings etched or tagged, just boxes and labels i think. or atleast in my experience.

this actually makes me think about the REAL cheap shorty header and testpipes for 115 shipped!

gamma6
02-09-2011, 12:05 AM
are you sure thats bbp? because pretty god damn low and i have atleast an inch higher than yours

yeah not sure if its bbp but i compared the midpipe to an auction labeled as bbp and they were the same, i also compared it to the midpipes of other ebay auctions, so i figured it was...

tlikethedrink
02-09-2011, 12:21 AM
do you still have it installed? how did you like the sound?

gamma6
02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
do you still have it installed? how did you like the sound?

yeah im still rocking it... i like the sound i mean i didnt spend a whole lot on it so its good for its money... plus also scraping the midpipe doesnt bother me since it wasnt expensive

tlikethedrink
02-09-2011, 06:02 PM
yeah it wouldnt bother me as bad as a 5 or 600 dollar system.

btf144
02-10-2011, 02:08 PM
has anyone of you guys measured the inner exhaust diameter by any chance? someone mentioned it's 2.25 although sites show pics that it is actually 2.5" internal diameter. if it turns out to be a 2.5", i'm definitely getting one for my CTR.

gamma6
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
has anyone of you guys measured the inner exhaust diameter by any chance? someone mentioned it's 2.25 although sites show pics that it is actually 2.5" internal diameter. if it turns out to be a 2.5", i'm definitely getting one for my CTR.

nah never measured it

MugenReplica
02-10-2011, 05:51 PM

You can not use this exhaust without modification. The midpipe needs to be modified to fit your catalytic converter. You have a header and catalytic converter like a RSX Type S not like the header and converter from a USDM Si.

tlikethedrink
02-13-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyK3294PrOs&feature=player_embedded

got me a cheap camera thats does decent video. heres the video i had promised last year lol.

whatsvtec
02-13-2011, 06:04 AM

It's more like 2.25". I think when they're saying 2.5" they are talking about the Outer Diameter of the tubing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyK3294PrOs&feature=player_embedded

got me a cheap camera thats does decent video. heres the video i had promised last year lol.

WOW! It sounds REALLY quiet! I'm hoping with a test pipe it isn't too loud!

tlikethedrink
02-13-2011, 10:45 AM
well it is actually quiet when the rpms are up. of course under load around 3-4k it gets really deep so its alot louder in cabin.

im pretty sure its 2.5 inside. its pretty big piping, its deffinatley massive when compared to stock. its more that you should need. i think this would be ok even with boost.

whatsvtec
02-13-2011, 10:57 AM
well it is actually quiet when the rpms are up. of course under load around 3-4k it gets really deep so its alot louder in cabin.

im pretty sure its 2.5 inside. its pretty big piping, its deffinatley massive when compared to stock. its more that you should need. i think this would be ok even with boost.

Idk if we have the same system but when I measured the OD was 2.5 not the ID. I'll take a picture and show what I'm talking about.

Definitely is a HUGE improvement over stock either way. Boost would be definitely be alright, but I think 3" would show gains over this with boost

tlikethedrink
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
haha yeah i never messured. now that im getting into it i think im gonna go ahead and order the shorty header and tp combo... 105 plus motor mount inserts and CEL eliminator is another 60 bucks.

i think its good enough for SC, turbo i would rather go for 3inch. but it should only become restrictive at 300+hp... thats just based on my experience with DSMs. they say 3inch is for over 400hp goals.

whatsvtec
02-13-2011, 12:54 PM
haha yeah i never messured. now that im getting into it i think im gonna go ahead and order the shorty header and tp combo... 105 plus motor mount inserts and CEL eliminator is another 60 bucks.

i think its good enough for SC, turbo i would rather go for 3inch. but it should only become restrictive at 300+hp... thats just based on my experience with DSMs. they say 3inch is for over 400hp goals.

I'd get a race header if you plan to to go jrsc or comptech soon, if you've got time to kill the TP should be all you need. I'm interested to see how much larger if any larger at all the new header ID will be compared to stock

tlikethedrink
02-13-2011, 01:02 PM
yeah def check out the header... post pics if you can. i dont really PLAN on the jrsc or anyother type of boost. but if i had the money and came across a good deal i would do it.
i would be getting this because its a good deal, would make some power and not be too loud. i think a raceheader would be way louder than this...

whatsvtec
02-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I think the silencer could keep levels low! I'm in the same budget boat right now. I'll let you know what the difference looks like once I get the stock header off this spring.

tlikethedrink
02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
yeah the silencer really makes this exhaust sound stock... we'll see with the tp.

dkid15
02-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Top fuel exhaust is only 200 at advanced speed shop.

tlikethedrink
02-16-2011, 09:16 AM
BBP is only 105 shipped!