PDA

View Full Version : iVtec controller?

!@#$%
07-16-2002, 12:40 PM
Anyone know if the companies are making one? i dont think there is one for the celica GTS (vvtli) so i would assume that there is certainly not one for the ivtec. I have heard of some type s owners using the original VAFC and it working. I dont know if it yields any gains but i guess its a start for the pc fine tuning.

Pradamuimui
07-17-2002, 01:26 AM
I heard that Apex-I was making one....but Im not really sure about that...and Im not sure if a I-Vtec controller would work, or even benefit our engines??? I guess that we will have to wait and see!!!

!@#$%
07-17-2002, 08:23 PM
im pretty sure apexi will too. however it will take them awhile to crack the computer codes to allow access.

mixedupneko
07-17-2002, 10:20 PM
There most likey wont b one coming out. If there is it wont give Hp itll make you LOSE HP. those things dont even work on normal si's they lose HP. ther eonly good if u have new cams n cam gears.I found this out from the owner of APEX

neko

iR-VTEC2
07-18-2002, 07:30 PM
Apexi will not (nor any other company for that matter) Make any kind of vtec controller for iVTEC engines. iVTEC does not have a set RPM in which vtec engages. The computer monitors all engine conditions and determines what is the best time to engage vtec.

Having a vtec controller would actually be kind of futile if you ask me.

iVTEC engines could possibly benefit greatly from AFC's tho. I'd look into that.

Then again....someone could make a vtec controller that makes the "I" in iVTEC more agressive, if possible, but a cpu upgrade could probably do the same

MagusDC5
07-20-2002, 07:33 PM
There was a guy on CRSX who claimed his VAFC worked with his K series engine, and posted pics....ill try to look it up again and see if I can find it.