PDA

View Full Version : Terminal Slip??

04EP3Hatch
06-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Well guys, after having slippage with the gatorback, i switched out to my BRAND new K070622 Gates belt, and i am having THE SAME problem :mfrown: i dont know what the hell is going on, i even took the belt off, and cleaned all the shit in the valley of the rib's on the blower pulley and the crank pulley with brake clean and a wire brush for an hour and a half, got all of the shit out and re assembled the belt system. SAME thing :( i dont know what's going on. I am confused and i just want the full potential out of my car, and this belt is the same length as the gator. but for some reason it tightens down A LOT more. there is maybe an 1/8 inch between the buddy nut and the nut on the tensioner bolt. so im almost maxed out on the tensioner. the belt is tight, but it isnt too tight, not tight enough to wine, but if you grab between the blower and the alternator it is pretty stiffI have one more thing im going to try, my original belt i got tuned on, my 61.5" gates micro-v greenstripe, never had a slippage problem with this guy ever, just squeaked. I trimmed the 8th rib off and really didnt do a good job, so i cleaned it up nice and trimmed it super smooth and smoothened it more with some sand paper. But if it doesnt work im lost and i will not know what to do

HondaFreak
06-25-2010, 10:30 PM
So wait, your buying 8 rib belts and trimming them?
Have you looked at the end of the long tensioner bolt? Mine actually "sheared" off at the end when I took it of once and I lost about 1/8 of an inch of that bolt. All of a sudden I could go all the way to the end of that bolt and it wasn't tight enough. I actually went to my local hardware store and bought a way longer bolt and had a friend finish the die at the top since the treads only went 90% up the bolt.
The only slipping I had was on the original Dayco belt from Jackson. I have to be honest the bolts and belt are complete CRAP!
Also I'm not going to lecture you, BUT cutting a belt is idiotic. Find the right belts, never cut them. I know, I know, "but Jimmy Jackoff said it's ok". I don't care, it's wrong; any way you cut it. Ha ha, get it, cut it.
I lol at people around here sometimes with their shortcuts. It's not worth it. Tighten it down more or get a longer bolt and a 7 rib belt. I have spare 62.2 7 ribs if you need one.

Christian

superchargedk20
06-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I told this dude a million times what belt to use with no slip. DEAL WITH THE SQUEAL. U dont even hear it when ur driving. U only hear it when the car is idle and ur next to ur damn hood. Big freakin deal! And agree'd on no trimmin the belt.

If I can deal with the squeal for as long as I did before giving u the blower, Then so can you

04EP3Hatch
06-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Have you looked at the end of the long tensioner bolt? Mine actually "sheared" off at the end when I took it of once and I lost about 1/8 of an inch of that bolt. All of a sudden I could go all the way to the end of that bolt and it wasn't tight enough. I actually went to my local hardware store and bought a way longer bolt and had a friend finish the die at the top since the treads only went 90% up the bolt.
The only slipping I had was on the original Dayco belt from Jackson. I have to be honest the bolts and belt are complete CRAP!
Also I'm not going to lecture you, BUT cutting a belt is idiotic. Find the right belts, never cut them. I know, I know, "but Jimmy Jackoff said it's ok". I don't care, it's wrong; any way you cut it. Ha ha, get it, cut it.
I lol at people around here sometimes with their shortcuts. It's not worth it. Tighten it down more or get a longer bolt and a 7 rib belt. I have spare 62.2 7 ribs if you need one.

Christian

well no all the belts i have are 7 rib 62.2 inch, the 8 rib i had was the one that worked THEE best, never once slipped on me, and i appreciate the advice and the offerings man thank you

04EP3Hatch
06-26-2010, 04:03 AM
I told this dude a million times what belt to use with no slip. DEAL WITH THE SQUEAL. U dont even hear it when ur driving. U only hear it when the car is idle and ur next to ur damn hood. Big freakin deal! And agree'd on no trimmin the belt.

If I can deal with the squeal for as long as I did before giving u the blower, Then so can you

if the gates i have doesnt slip, i will deal with the squeal from it, if all else fails, the belt you told me about is next

speedking604
06-26-2010, 07:59 PM
i been cutting mine for a while now and it work....

Christian

04EP3Hatch
06-26-2010, 10:50 PM
i been cutting mine for a while now and it work....

yea i've heard of a lot of people doing it. im going to try it, buttt i work with a guy who eats and breaths supercharged fords, and he said let him see my pulley, he thinks all the slipping fucked up the pulley. i may need to replace the pulley, it made the valley's to thin on the belt and there's too much slosh in there to grip