PDA

View Full Version : help!! brakes keep getting stuck!

MIGEEZY
06-28-2010, 03:29 PM
so my front driver side brakes keep getting stuck! first i rebuilt the caliper with a caliper rebuild kit and that didn't work. then i just went ahead and got a remanufactured caliper and i still got the same problem. i bleed the brake lines and got all the air out. but it seems like the piston doesn't go back in enough to give the rotor room to spin freely. what could be causing this?? any help is appreciated guys!

Twisted-X
06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
I know this is probably a "Mister Obvious" question, but did you remove and lube the slide pins?

MIGEEZY
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
yes i did. any other ideas y this is happening?

Twisted-X
07-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Kinked hoses/hardlines? Your brake pad retainers aren't corroded or anything?
Maybe a problem with the proportion valve (just throwing that out there)?

I was waiting for someone with more experience to chime in...

Tougeep3
07-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Thought of replacing the brake hose, just the rubber line? Sometimes the interior of the hose will collapse and act like a check valve..

MIGEEZY
07-03-2010, 12:12 AM
i ordered a new brake hose and installed it yesterday, and the brakes still stick! wtf!lol i bleed the line after installing the hose too! i had the car up on stands and had my cousin put the car in gear and after pumping the brakes they got stuck again. the funny thing is that when he hit the brakes lightly they actually loosen up and the rotor starts spinning. and when he lets go they get stuck again. what would cause that to happen? and no i haven't check the proportion value, how would i check that?

MIGEEZY
07-05-2010, 03:58 PM
still haven't fixed this problem!
the driver side rotor starts to spin when i start to press the brake and then stops after i start to press down more.
and then when i release it, it gets stuck again.
help me out plz!