PDA

View Full Version : Fujita CAI question

LeeStrange
06-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Couldn't find it using the search function;
Fujita instructions say I need to cut my fender liner to make room; Is this mandatory? I haven't tried fitting the CAI yet, but I'm hesitant to cut the liner.

str8upballur
06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Couldn't find it using the search function;
Fujita instructions say I need to cut my fender liner to make room; Is this mandatory? I haven't tried fitting the CAI yet, but I'm hesitant to cut the liner.

i installed my fujita cai about a month ago, i was able to do it by making one cut along the fender and molding it somewhat around the cai. i didnt not have to cut a piece out. i was worried about too much water leaking in, but as of now i have yet to have any problems with it

ep_hatcher_510
06-30-2010, 09:04 AM
yes you will have to make some kind of modifications to the liner to give room for the pipe to run through.

BlownSi05
06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
i installed my fujita cai about a month ago, i was able to do it by making one cut along the fender and molding it somewhat around the cai. i didnt not have to cut a piece out. i was worried about too much water leaking in, but as of now i have yet to have any problems with it

Yeah this is the way I did mine as well. I actually cut the piece out, but you want it just enough to allow the pipe to fit through. Keeping it tight around the pipe will help prevent water from coming through and possibly getting through to the filter. Man, my description could so be twisted down the gutter...lol:mangel::mbiggrin:

shortstop
06-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I didnt want to cut anything,so I used zip ties.

LeeStrange
07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I didnt want to cut anything,so I used zip ties.

Can you explain?

shortstop
07-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I just put it in, fed it through a hole down below like yoru supposed to, removed the splash guard to install the filer, ziptied splash guard best I could to stock looking and not damage it. Held up fine for 2 years, cleaned the filter every now and then, just use new zip ties.

sleepy_ep
07-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Lee, Did you tune your lifters yet?

LeeStrange
07-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Lee, Did you tune your lifters yet?

I think I hate you lol.