PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Question...

1GR8EP3
06-30-2010, 09:54 AM
When is it recomended to replace the fuel filter? My GF ep just clocked over 201K and I was wondering about it, I heard they need to be replaced at 150K but I just want to make sure before I do it.
Thanks

BlownSi05
06-30-2010, 12:12 PM
This is a good question. I have wondered about it myself and have never been able to find a solid answer. /subscribed!

jh604
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Have fun they are in the tank. It depends if you let your gas level go very low or not. But id say every 80k

kenscivic
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
When it goes bad :shrug: I've had a car with 200k+ miles and oem fuel filter and have had one with 120k miles go bad just when it starts acting up change it out. It's a cheap part and pretty simple to replace

1GR8EP3
06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
thanks for the reply fellas... I was just curious to when I should replace it. It runs ok now just thought I would replace it for peace of mind. Im not to worried about it being in the tank, im sure its accesible through the top underneath the seat.

mp_02si
07-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Since we are on this subject...... I had questioned this myself. So i went to the local honda dealership and they told me that the filter was part of the pump and is not sold seperately. So to change the filter you have to change the whole pump. Anyone know if there is any truth to this because this is wat the guys at the dealership are telling me.

Heitzke
07-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Since we are on this subject...... I had questioned this myself. So i went to the local honda dealership and they told me that the filter was part of the pump and is not sold seperately. So to change the filter you have to change the whole pump. Anyone know if there is any truth to this because this is wat the guys at the dealership are telling me.

Surprised Talon hasn't hit this one yet. The filter is enclosed in the top of the fuel pump cage.

1GR8EP3
07-01-2010, 06:54 AM
I didnt know it was inside the pump cage... I thought it also had an external filter somewhere haha I was wrong.

classiccelica
07-24-2010, 09:15 AM
So how in the world do we replace the filter then. I am getting terrible fuel mileage. I have tried the lucas fuel system cleaner but I think it could be injectors being dirty. But mine will be rounding the magical 100k mile marker fairly soon and I would like to know exactly when we should be replacing the fuel filter. Any body know how to clean injectors as I have little money due to my beautiful daughter coming in to the world in two weeks.

Passenger
09-01-2010, 09:22 AM
:bump2:
Im interested in this as well.
My car is turning over, just replaced the battery (thought it might be a dead cell since it went dead after just a few hours of sitting there) and the alternator test said it was strong still but I pushed that nozzle thing under the fuel rail and it has no pressure at all. My fuel pump cuts on when the key is turned, so for now Im ruling that out. Someone has HAD to do this by now.

talonXracer
09-01-2010, 10:04 AM
What is usually seen with a weak pump are o2 sensor codes along with really crappy mileage and possible stumbles. The FPR only limits top fuel pressure, not low end pressure.

All of the fuel pump components are available separately, just that Honda does not list the parts separately, but there are several threads with all the part#'s in both the engine and diy sections.

Anrasmor
09-01-2010, 11:03 AM
The fuel filter should be replaced whenever the fuel
pressure drops belowthe specified value {270 320 kpa,
2.8 3.3 kgfl cm', 40 47 psi),a fter makings ure that the
fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator are OK.

Word for word from the manual itself. Just like Talon said it's replaceable separate from the pump.

02CivicSI-VTEC
09-02-2010, 01:56 AM
my car is over 300k and i am still using the oem stock fuel filter. its running fine right now is there something that i should watch out or be aware when the fuel filter is going bad?