PDA

View Full Version : Lockout of gears when car is running

Soon2beEP3
06-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Pretty much, the trans will shift into all gears when the car is turned off but when its running it wont budge into a gear. Checked all cables they are clear, transmission has 82k has been babied, doesnt gring or usually stick. I was told it could be a sensor relating to the brake, ionno plz help
If you start the car in any gear or neutral it stays in that position, until turning the engine off.

Lucid Moments
06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a clutch problem to me.

liquidd
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
happened to me except if i started in gear i could come out of gear...it is my transmission...also at about 82xxx miles...they said the clutch is strong(thats what i thought it was at first...)

whatisthis
07-13-2010, 12:06 PM
if you're locked out of all gears, it's almost guaranteed to be a clutch. the hubs in our oe clutches like to shoot springs out of them. they feel ok, but the protruding spring will drag on the pressure plate side most likely and keep the trans partially loaded which will keep it from being able to synch up and slide into gear.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
07-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I think i have the same problem with my car. I can get into gear but i have a really hard time shifting and i get a buzzing noise when the car is on and in gear

BlueEP3
08-06-2010, 11:49 PM
if you're locked out of all gears, it's almost guaranteed to be a clutch. the hubs in our oe clutches like to shoot springs out of them. they feel ok, but the protruding spring will drag on the pressure plate side most likely and keep the trans partially loaded which will keep it from being able to synch up and slide into gear.

how can i fix this?

Lucid Moments
08-07-2010, 04:53 PM
how can i fix this?

Replace the clutch is the only way.

kenscivic
08-07-2010, 05:21 PM
lol, ya your clutch is gone.

BlueEP3
08-07-2010, 07:10 PM
appreciate it! would the act 4 puck work?