PDA

View Full Version : Megan mid pipe

hondaguy92129
06-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Hey guys I have a megan mid pipe on the car and was wondering if there was anything I can do to stop it rubbing on the heat shield? It's not too bad but when accelerating or at a stop I can feel some vibrations through the floor.

I was thinking of bending the hangers a little bit with a clamp and rubber mallet but I don't want to break them. Any suggestions?

.colin
07-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Hey guys I have a megan mid pipe on the car and was wondering if there was anything I can do to stop it rubbing on the heat shield? It's not too bad but when accelerating or at a stop I can feel some vibrations through the floor.

I was thinking of bending the hangers a little bit with a clamp and rubber mallet but I don't want to break them. Any suggestions?

any one of these options will work

1) remove the heat shield
2) dimple the midpipe where it bangs
3) bend the hangers

hondaguy92129
07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
cool thanks, bending is probably the way to go seeing as its about a 2 foot section thats rubbing haha.

.colin
07-01-2010, 07:24 PM
cool thanks, bending is probably the way to go seeing as its about a 2 foot section thats rubbing haha.

no problem, i had to dimple and bend the hangers on mine. in the rain the pipe would band like crazy though even after i fixed it.

02TWSI
07-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Does this midpipe bolt up to the stock axle back fine?

DrZfInEsT
07-05-2010, 06:23 PM
When I recently installed mine I just took out the heat shield all together.