PDA

View Full Version : A/C Delete?

Lucid Moments
07-01-2010, 04:08 AM
So my compressor took a crap and I'm still debating on whether I should fix it or not. If I decide not to fix it I'm going to remove the whole shebang. Why tote the weight around in a track car to no purpose right? But can you just yank it out and run a shorter belt? I'm concerned that it won't give me enough contact on the water pump pulley. Is there a kit out there that will replace the compressor with a free-wheeling pulley?

Or should I just say fuck it and go with a Kraftwerks blower?:mredface:

04EP3Hatch
07-01-2010, 04:13 AM
So my compressor took a crap and I'm still debating on whether I should fix it or not. If I decide not to fix it I'm going to remove the whole shebang. Why tote the weight around in a track car to no purpose right? But can you just yank it out and run a shorter belt? I'm concerned that it won't give me enough contact on the water pump pulley. Is there a kit out there that will replace the compressor with a free-wheeling pulley?

Or should I just say fuck it and go with a Kraftwerks blower?:mredface:

i say kraftwerks :) i think hybrid racing makes a bypass pulley for us DC/EP chassis guys that just places a pulley there so there's no need to run a short belt, ours is already short, i cant imagine having to find a shorter one lol might be hard

02_epdriver
07-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Mike I think corsport carries a kit that deletes the a/c compressor. I have all my a/c stuff out except for the compressor. The kit runs about 200 bucks though. I would like to know if someone carries something cheaper

HondaFreak
07-01-2010, 09:02 AM
What pulley are you running? I just pulled mine and got a shorter belt. It makes no sense IMO to run a idler there. The contact is fine.

Christian

Lucid Moments
07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
What pulley are you running? I just pulled mine and got a shorter belt. It makes no sense IMO to run a idler there. The contact is fine.

Christian

I'm running the 2009+ TSX crank pulley and a 3.4" blower pulley right now. So you don't have any problems with your water pump? I'm just concerned because it is the smooth side of the belt that drives the water pump and without the a/c it would have substantially less belt contact. If its enough its enough though.