PDA

View Full Version : Anyone found the best way to clean the Alcantara and mesh part of our seats?

White02CivicSi
07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I searched the forums and the only answer I found on how to clean the Alcantara and mesh part of our seats was a steam cleaner. Does anyone else knows another proven and best way to clean the Alcantara and mesh part of our seats? Most of the Threads were from 02-05. I havent seen any new thread about cleaning the seats. Thanks in advcance for your time and help.

ZoomBoy
07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Alcantara is cleaned by purchasing a suede or nubuck spray and a suede eraser. You would spray the cleaner on the seats and then blot dry - then use the eraser to bring up any crushed areas that are "white" looking. I did this last year and it looks great, I'll re-do it again this year as well.

RedSiBaron
07-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Alcantara is cleaned by purchasing a suede or nubuck spray and a suede eraser. You would spray the cleaner on the seats and then blot dry - then use the eraser to bring up any crushed areas that are "white" looking. I did this last year and it looks great, I'll re-do it again this year as well.

OH awesome, ill have to try that i didnt know about this...im excited about this now...YAY PROJECT!!

White02CivicSi
07-02-2010, 02:02 AM

cool thanks for the info. Do you use any specific suede/nubuck spray and suede eraser like timberland brand, etc. Thanks.

OH awesome, ill have to try that i didnt know about this...im excited about this now...YAY PROJECT!!
Let me know how it works out for you Redsibaron. Thanks.

Jukka
07-04-2010, 09:49 AM
tired this the other day, turned out pretty good. Still trying to get some of the really caked in dirt out, but got rid of alot of the white lines and folds.

EDIT: What I did was went to Champs shoe store, bought their Suede and Nubuck cleaner foam (comes in a pump with a brush cap), and then their suede eraser and brush combo. A buddy of mine uses this stuff on both his S4s, and said they work awesome, and they did.

RedSiBaron
07-04-2010, 10:21 AM
tired this the other day, turned out pretty good. Still trying to get some of the really caked in dirt out, but got rid of alot of the white lines and folds.

EDIT: What I did was went to Champs shoe store, bought their Suede and Nubuck cleaner foam (comes in a pump with a brush cap), and then their suede eraser and brush combo. A buddy of mine uses this stuff on both his S4s, and said they work awesome, and they did.

ok, so goto shoe store and buy this...

DAMN, you just gave me an idea...ive got a hot date tonight, what better to do than clean my interior hardcore, now i know what ill be doing for the next 3 hours!

whatisthis
07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
one of the best things i've found yet is carbrite stuff, but blue coral foaming upholstery cleaner is pretty much the same thing and a soft toothbrush is one of the best tools. my favorite part about this stuff is it dries pretty fast. it won't bring the texture up like the eraser, but it pulls all the filth from the shop up out of my red recaros without fading. it's also killer on carpet and leather with a stiff dish brush.

talonXracer
07-28-2010, 06:15 AM
The only real way I found to really clean the seats was to take them out and install a set of typeS leather seats.

Jukka
07-29-2010, 01:27 PM
^^ or that...lol

EP3Casas
07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
The only real way I found to really clean the seats was to take them out and install a set of typeS leather seats.

those seats are so ugly.

johnkimble
07-29-2010, 02:51 PM
dunno but mine needs new material. after 7 years of getting in and out of my car my wallet/jean pockets have dug a little quarter-circle shape line into the seat