PDA

View Full Version : F'ing Air Vents

introvert
07-01-2010, 04:01 PM
So.. I had the drivers side vent adjustment thing fall off a while back. I lost the external part and the plastic piece that holds into place ended up falling inside. No biggie. Now the passenger side vent in the center is having a similar issue. I still have the plastic adjustment piece, and the inside piece is still there.

How the hell do you put the thing back together? Do I need to just put a small allen wrench head to hold the back while I force the two pieces together?

PatrickJamesYu
07-01-2010, 05:57 PM
pictures?

introvert
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
pictures?

http://www.intoxicated.net/crap/stupid_vent.jpg

thaseint
07-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Remove the dash and you should be able to fix it...if not you can buy new vents.

I'm guessing the plastic pins are broken, these connect the 'adjuster' to the fins. But it's possible the pins may have just slipped out of the fin connecting pieces. That'll all make sense once you remove the dash. :mbiggrin:

Drivers side: 77253-S6E-E01ZB
Passenger side: 77254-S6E-E01ZB

2k3hatchie
07-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Yea, when you pull off the center parts off the dash those vents come with it, actually a fairly simple fix.

introvert
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Well, I'll have to buy at least one vent. (Drivers side, near the door) Do they pop out easily from the front?

thaseint
07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, I'll have to buy at least one vent. (Drivers side, near the door) Do they pop out easily from the front?

Those vents looks like a PITA to remove. The service manual says you have to remove the whole dash to remove those. Hopefully someone else will have an answer...might help me too if I decide to find some 04-05 vents. :msmile:

johnkimble
07-09-2010, 02:47 PM
same thing happened to my driver side vent. i shoved a letter opener in there and angled my vent to where it's adequate for daily driving and have since left it alone. remove the dash for an air vent? please.

Type_R_Nammer
08-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Omg ironicly my passenger center vent looks like that too, any DIY's to remove the center console to access the passenger vent?

Passenger
08-04-2010, 12:58 AM
while they're at it, do one for the passenger side one closest to the door too. Anyone know the part # for taht?

username011
08-04-2010, 03:29 AM
it really isnt hard to remove the dash as it may look in pictures..

AKAahlecks
02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
bump.. mine fell off too. luckily i still have that adjusting piece. though the up and down pivot point is very loose and just flops up and down without hold. any way to fix that?

whatsvtec
02-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm missing 2 as well, roll without,
HVAC delete's are all the rage. :laugh::shady:

02ES1
02-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Didn't realize this was so common, it happened to my passenger side vent too. Still have the adjuster in the glove box, I just always forget about it since it's the passenger side. Fuck em I say lol.

nmysiismyn
02-25-2011, 02:22 AM
bump.. mine fell off too. luckily i still have that adjusting piece. though the up and down pivot point is very loose and just flops up and down without hold. any way to fix that?

Both of my vents (near windows) are loose and flop up and down too. I'll get around to figuring out a fix soon and let you know what I did...
They've been buggin' me for about a year! http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/Tommy_Castroreale/Emotes/Small%20Emotes/e616603f.gif

Didn't realize this was so common, it happened to my passenger side vent too. Still have the adjuster in the glove box, I just always forget about it since it's the passenger side. Fuck em I say lol.

If it's the far-side ven you're talking about, that's a piece of cake.
Just (carefully) pull the vent out from the aiming-down position- like you're aiming it WAY down, farther than it's supposed to go. It'll come right out that way.

As for the center. It's like everyone's said; take the center of the dash out...
But the point I wanted to make: With the right tools, I bet the adjuster clip can be found in the port, but I may be wrong. http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/Tommy_Castroreale/Emotes/Small%20Emotes/93a49e09.gif

SkareKrow
02-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Both of my vents (near windows) are loose and flop up and down too. I'll get around to figuring out a fix soon and let you know what I did...
They've been buggin' me for about a year! http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/Tommy_Castroreale/Emotes/Small%20Emotes/e616603f.gif

Bump:bump: for a great DIY! 8-)

PREJDMLUDE
02-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I simply just put a penny on the driver side vent near window adjusted it to position and works like a charm . Oh if you really want to hide the penny use a sharpie to paint sides black and you won't see it ..

AKAahlecks
02-26-2011, 12:50 AM
They've been buggin' me for about a year!

haha cool thanks! ill try to figure something out too
but FIRST!! i must find out how to get that part out

nmysiismyn
02-26-2011, 02:00 AM
haha cool thanks! ill try to figure something out too
but FIRST!! i must find out how to get that part out

Wire-hanger and a wad of chewed up gum? :mangel:

02ES1
02-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Wire-hanger and a wad of chewed up gum? :mangel:

Hahahaha! Love it. And it just might work too!

nmysiismyn
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Hahahaha! Love it. And it just might work too!

:mangel: I'm ghetto-fab like that... or as Shadow calls it, "mechanically resourceful" (err something) :tehe: