PDA

View Full Version : Bad shocks?Please HELP!!!

kwokyikhoi
07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Since last month I've been feeling bumpy even on a normal road at 50mph. When I go over some 5mph speed bumps I feel my neck is gonna break. My 02 ep has 95000 mile with everything stock.

Do you guys think my shocks are gone? I was looking around for some used oem shocks, and I got a couple members have 04-05 shocks for sale. Is there any different between 02 and 04-05?

Help!!!!

PatrickJamesYu
07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure if the 05 is different from the 02, but I have a feeling it might be.

KYB sells stock replacements, nothing fancy, and nothing too pricey.
I would look into those, rather than something used.
You wont know how long those used ones will last, so it'll just be a big chance.

If you REALLY don't want to get anything new, I MIGHT be selling my used shocks later this month.
I just did some suspension work on my car, so I have the stocks in boxes, but I'm just deciding if I'm going to sell them or not.
PM me later on when you decide what to do.
goodluck!

BlownSi05
07-02-2010, 05:18 AM
It could be bad shocks. Check to see if you can see them leaking or not. Does the car continue to bounce for a short time after clearing a bump? That is a sure sign they are going or are already out.

27rocks
07-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Also push down on the side you think the shock might be blown and see if the car bounces. It should only go up and down once... if there is very little resistance and the car bounces up and down a few times you might have a blown shock.

kwokyikhoi
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys, I have checked all 4 sides and they all bounce only once, but I feel the ride is hard. Would that be the old springs?

27rocks
07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
If the ride is hard that means everything is working good.... are the springs or struts fairly new? Do you bottom out or are you talking about them being kinda stiff struts ?