PDA

View Full Version : good suspention for autox

k20ASi
12-07-2002, 09:08 PM
i am planing on buying 16 in weels and i would like to know what suspention i should buy for autox and i would like no weel gap if you have pics of your car with 16 and suspention i would like to see them

pocketrocket
12-08-2002, 10:10 AM
Since your plus sizing wheels, you're not going to be in stock anymore, which places you in STS or another modified class. In order for you to be competitve you'll have to drop some dough. But I'd say go with either full coilovers or ground controls with koni yellows. either way you're looking at around a grand, give or take 100-200 bucks. If you stay with stock sized wheels, just throw on some Koni yellows and a set of AutoX slicks, and you should be ready to go. (that is if you don't have any mods already.)

Good luck with whatever you choose!
-PR

BlasTech
12-08-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
...If you stay with stock sized wheels, just throw on some Koni yellows and a set of AutoX slicks, and you should be ready to go. (that is if you don't have any mods already.)

Koni Yellows are OK with the stock springs? What will the resulting look/ride be like? Im interested.

pocketrocket
12-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Koni yellows, would be great with our stock springs. The look of your car shouldn't change at all, as they are just shocks, your car actually rides on the springs, so your ride height wouldn't be changed. I'd say the car would handle a lot better, track flatter and you can dial out some of the understeer present in our cars. I had Koni Yellows on my 240sx a few years ago when I was running E-Stock, and it made a world of difference. If you make the break to STS/STR/SM, our car is overweight and underpowered as stock. So a few modifications would need to be made to be competitive, but it definately can be done. Check out Grassroots Motorsports, they have an EP3 that they're running in Solo2.

-PR

pocketrocket
12-08-2002, 11:20 AM
BTW! Koni doesn't actually make a shock that will just bolt on right now, but they do make a shock that will fit with slight mods, check out GRM. But Koni should have something out for our car that will bolt right up very soon! (keeping fingers crossed)

-PR

Moose
12-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Due to certain patent rights (or whatever else), I believe shock/strut manufacturers must wait-out at least one year following the release of a new model's design... this means that our EP3's may not have any aftermarket shocks released till mid next year.

I'm goin' w/ a set of coilovers (Tein Type Flex) and calling it a day!

Silvershadow
12-10-2002, 04:08 AM
Get 16's for d street & 15's for racing.Koni's are great,but I wouldn't discount the OEM shocks.The Oem shocks,if the're like earlier Civics are pretty good relative to most OEM shocks.Once u get competitive enough then get d Koni's.If Moose is correct why don't u order d Koni's from England.The Civic & Type R have been out since 2001over there. ---Silvershadow---