PDA

View Full Version : Help! Removing tar and glue

Kerby
07-05-2010, 07:48 AM
We got a current heat wave happening here in the Constitution State... so I'm taking advantage of it and going out every hour or so and ripping off one tar sheet at a time. Once that's done i run my ass back in the house and celebrate with a Miller High Life from the Freezer.

yesturday was a awesome day. It hit 96+ and the sheet were just coming right off. I used a hard plastic spatula... the one you use to install compound on drywalls... and it's remove it like a charm. You apply some pressure and it gets it all off. I'm getting pretty good at it too. I can remove a whole sheet without it breaking now. i don't get any gouges or chip marks on the paint. Some spots I have to use a slight hammer... but for the most part, the spatula gives before the metal does.

When it cools down later this week, I need to clean it up back there. What can I use to remove the glue, ickey stuff and the remaining stubborn tar? Please keep in mind I will not be applying any protector or new paint. I also don't want to use something that will scratch the paint. I would like to leave that "effect" of sound removal.

Thanks!

Thanks!

ep3egg
07-05-2010, 09:27 AM
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy225/ep3egg/goo-gone-775962.jpg