PDA

View Full Version : What The $%#@ are these?

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Like the title says. Does anybody know what these are? the picture is out of the german civic pdf file that athalondave posted in this thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4813)

Sorry wrong forum. :angel:

myeverlovinsir
12-08-2002, 12:12 AM
My guess would be a washer nozzel location for the head lamps.
anyone else? Dam germans always like to keep the lamps clean.

Surprise
12-08-2002, 12:13 AM
They are high pressure water jets that pop out and spray the lights clear of any dirt, salt etc.

1fastminivan
12-08-2002, 02:54 AM
The only cars Ive seen those on are on the Benz's with the Xenon HID option headlamps.........it is a squirter cleaner but it is only on the HID headlamps they use them for. Im not sure if those are Xenon based headlamps but Im pretty sure its for cleaning puproses.

ssvr6
12-08-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
The only cars Ive seen those on are on the Benz's with the Xenon HID option headlamps.........it is a squirter cleaner but it is only on the HID headlamps they use them for. Im not sure if those are Xenon based headlamps but Im pretty sure its for cleaning puproses.

Ding, Ding, Ding... we have a winner! :D

That's excatly it. I'm almost positive that all cars equipped with HID's are required to have headlight washers as well.

All Audi and VW's with HID's have them, that much I know. (That and it's a common mod when people convert to HID's.)

Steve

Surprise
12-08-2002, 10:12 AM
my 92 Volvo had them, along with little wiping arms and that car did not have HID.

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-08-2002, 11:17 AM
thanx guys :D

ssvr6
12-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Surprise
my 92 Volvo had them, along with little wiping arms and that car did not have HID.

As do some MB's. It may be a European thing. I do know however that there are European cars that don't have the washers. They also don't have HID's so... who knows what the requirements are.

Steve