PDA

View Full Version : items needed to drop a car..?

str8upballur
07-05-2010, 04:33 PM
hey guys im thinking of dropping the ep. im a college student so money is always an issue and im looking for a cheap but effective/safe way to drop the ep w/o running into problems. im between springs and coilovers. although coilovers are much more expensive in general ive heard good things about the racelands and ground controls. ive already bought an eibach rear camber kit for $50 off craigslist used and was wondering if the ground controls come w/everything i need (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GROUND-CONTROL-COILOVER-SPRINGS-02-03-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-/200363857530?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ea69dd67a) to drop it. ive also thought of dropping the car by installing lowering springs but have heard that after a while ppl run into problems w/their shocks and struts and usually upgrade to koni yellow which are out of my pricerange. i guess my question is, does the ground control kit come w/everything i need to effectively lower my car? thanks for any help guys, all info is appreciated

ep3egg
07-05-2010, 04:36 PM
it wouldn't hurt 2 replace your outer tie rods while your down there.

str8upballur
07-05-2010, 05:17 PM
it wouldn't hurt 2 replace your outer tie rods while your down there.

but if i do purchase the ground control kit do i have everything i need to lower it?

PartyPooper
07-05-2010, 05:58 PM
no the ground control kit you are looking at does not come with everything needed to drop your ep. but the racelands which are cheaper $240 come with everthing... hoever the ground control kit is better if completed... well good luck with the lowering and post pics when done.... if you need any questions on racelands pm i also have a limited budget so i got the racelands...

str8upballur
07-05-2010, 06:30 PM
no the ground control kit you are looking at does not come with everything needed to drop your ep. but the racelands which are cheaper $240 come with everthing... hoever the ground control kit is better if completed... well good luck with the lowering and post pics when done.... if you need any questions on racelands pm i also have a limited budget so i got the racelands...

thanks man. yea i want to buy racelands i just cant find them anywhere -.-

PartyPooper
07-05-2010, 06:33 PM

str8upballur
07-05-2010, 06:36 PM

theyre sold out everywhere

ep3egg
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
theyre sold out everywhere

ive heard that supposedly they should have some more made by august-september. try contacting them.

PatrickJamesYu
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Roughly what is your price range?
Maybe I or someone can come up with a solution knowing what your price range is?

Generally, you do not want to drop on stock struts. They aren't designed to handle a lowering job.
Dropping on them just takes percentages of their life away.

I don't have an experience with Raceland coilovers, but alot of ephatch guys here have them, and are very satisfied.
I was going to get a set but the only dealer is in the UK, and its an addition 100 GBP to ship.
I didn't want to pay 350 for 250 dollar coilovers, haha.

I personally think all the budget brands and ebay brands suck, BUT raceland has a good rep on here, and on MANY
euro tune forums.

You can use springs or coilover sleeves on stock struts, but they will blow, and you'd end up having to fork over more money.
Right now I'm on Koni Yellows w/ Skunk2 progressive springs, I dig them alot.
Before my current set up I looked into racelands, and I still try to update with them.
They were first scheduled to have them by the end of june, then they said july, then they said end of summer.
Sadly they keep pushing it back, but demand for them is so high, I'm sure they will be stocking as soon as they can get a hold of em.

trippy
07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
thanks man. yea i want to buy racelands i just cant find them anywhere -.-

raceland FTW ! =) lol bang for the buck !

str8upballur
07-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Roughly what is your price range?
Maybe I or someone can come up with a solution knowing what your price range is?

Generally, you do not want to drop on stock struts. They aren't designed to handle a lowering job.
Dropping on them just takes percentages of their life away.

I don't have an experience with Raceland coilovers, but alot of ephatch guys here have them, and are very satisfied.
I was going to get a set but the only dealer is in the UK, and its an addition 100 GBP to ship.
I didn't want to pay 350 for 250 dollar coilovers, haha.

I personally think all the budget brands and ebay brands suck, BUT raceland has a good rep on here, and on MANY
euro tune forums.

You can use springs or coilover sleeves on stock struts, but they will blow, and you'd end up having to fork over more money.
Right now I'm on Koni Yellows w/ Skunk2 progressive springs, I dig them alot.
Before my current set up I looked into racelands, and I still try to update with them.
They were first scheduled to have them by the end of june, then they said july, then they said end of summer.
Sadly they keep pushing it back, but demand for them is so high, I'm sure they will be stocking as soon as they can get a hold of em.

i mean my pricerange idealy would be $250 for the racelands lol but i dont want to spend over $500 to drop my car. i sent raceland an email asking when they expect to have them in stock so ill let u kno

Passenger
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Really strong arms.

username011
07-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I love my Racelands and I got the wicked tuning camber kit and I love my drop and ride..

Passenger
07-05-2010, 09:24 PM
I love my Racelands and I got the wicked tuning camber kit and I love my drop and ride..

where'd you get the raceland coilovers at?

ImACoolKid89
07-06-2010, 12:02 AM
just watched the book of Eli...lol..

anyways get the Tein SS-P kit...comes with an adjustment for every angle..

str8upballur
07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
just got an email back from the raceland website and they said that they will have them in stock at the end of this month...just like everyother month for the past 2 months -_________-

Passenger
07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
just watched the book of Eli...lol..

Movie of the year

Ronnie
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM

U got a pic of ur drop ?
- just wanna see how they sit

tru3aznplayaz
08-12-2010, 07:09 AM
My racelands slammed with stock everything,
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs232.snc4/38953_1570480306583_1372740011_31502282_3402612_n. jpg

Jtran1020
09-02-2010, 02:06 AM
what rims are those?

str8upballur
01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
racelands went up from $250 to $309?!?!? damn had to pay off a ticket and this is wat happened??

omgheyitskenny
01-23-2011, 03:27 PM
racelands went up from $250 to $309?!?!? damn had to pay off a ticket and this is wat happened??

Did you really have to bump a dead thread to say that?

username011
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I bought mine from eBay(cringes)..

They are an official company though on eBay.. Just a suggestion though.. Buy extra locking rings.. I noticed my car changes height and I know about letting the car "settle" but it goes down a lot lower than what it should for just settling..its no big deal but its annoying if you dont have extra rings and "lock" them tight.

Oh yeah and I just looked on eBay and Raceland is selling the kit for $360..!(still cheap but thats a big increase!)I guess the time has come for them to raise their prices as everyone anticipated they would eventually do..