PDA

View Full Version : Alignment issue

Andrew
07-06-2010, 08:47 AM
So I got my alignment done at Firestone twice. Once on Thurs (June 30th) and today (this morning). It is still off and I'm thinking of course it is a mix of potholes, camber bolts and my lowering springs (H&R race about 2.25 drop) on stock struts is messing up my alignment. It is basically the toe being off, so would the camber bolts be causing that when hitting a pothole possibly? Now I have the lifetime warranty at Firestone and I don't know if I should ditch the lowering springs and slap on my stock springs or just search for used camber plates on the boards to replace the camber bolts?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I am wrong? Thanks in advance.

itchy5
07-06-2010, 09:13 AM
So I got my alignment done at Firestone twice. Once on Thurs (June 30th) and today (this morning). It is still off and I'm thinking of course it is a mix of potholes, camber bolts and my lowering springs (H&R race about 2.25 drop) on stock struts is messing up my alignment. It is basically the toe being off, so would the camber bolts be causing that when hitting a pothole possibly? Now I have the lifetime warranty at Firestone and I don't know if I should ditch the lowering springs and slap on my stock springs or just search for used camber plates on the boards to replace the camber bolts?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I am wrong? Thanks in advance.

are you running 2 camber bolts on each side? if so i've heard camber can change over time because they can slip, but never toe.. have you checked to make sure the tierod ends are securely tightened? also when did you install the springs? it could be the suspension settling that changed the toe (toe changes with suspension travel as well as camber)

27rocks
07-06-2010, 09:53 AM
are you running 2 camber bolts on each side? if so i've heard camber can change over time because they can slip, but never toe.. have you checked to make sure the tierod ends are securely tightened? also when did you install the springs? it could be the suspension settling that changed the toe (toe changes with suspension travel as well as camber)

This is not true. If you touch anything in the front it affects everything else. So yes if the camber bolts are slipping then the toe will mess up.

After they do the alignment is everything straight? Do you actually have the printouts of your alignment after they do it? If not then they might just do it till they they max out the tie rods and not tell you. And if everything is straight after you leave and it gets messed up over time then it's deff your camber bolts slipping.

BlownSi05
07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah 27rocks is on the spot. It could also be a retard that does not know how to properly work the laser alignment machine. yeah the machines are good, but if you got some toolbox operating it your shit will be off. Get the print outs after the alignment is done and check what they have listed.