PDA

View Full Version : bc racing coilovers for ep3

Hajdoki_Ep3
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
any reviews? Opinions? Dd winter and summer if a few track days a year...5 at most
Running 17x8.5 rims with plans to run either 225 45 17 all round or 245 40 17 for the front, 225 45 17 rear
Price range is 1k to 1.5k

BlownSi05
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I have been riding the Type BR for pushing two years now. The ride quality is good and has stayed very consistent. You can really feel the difference in the adjustments between soft and hard on the dampers. The spring rates are a little softer than comparable kits for our car, but feel really good and sporty for a DD. My friend drives a turbo rsx-s on the Tein Flex and he got in my car and really liked the way they felt, even though he was very skeptical at first. I picked up my set new from Corsport here on ephatch for $900-$1000 shipped if I remember correctly. I also had a few discussions with Pete at BC Racing down in FL about the kits. The thing that impressed me was his knowledge of the unit's build and parts used. He also explained that they have their own shock dynos on site and package the kits together within a 4% variation between shocks. Tein couldn't even tell me if they had shock dynos on site or not. I say they are worth the money no doubt.

I run on 17x7" Wheels wrapped in Toyo Proxes 4 215/45/17 tires. I also added the JDM ITR rear sway. Car feels great!

27rocks
07-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Aren't these the exact same coilovers as Megans?? I'm pretty sure they are identical just different colors.

ep_hatcher_510
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Aren't these the exact same coilovers as Megans?? I'm pretty sure they are identical just different colors.

Yes they are, the factory that makes coils for megans makes these as well, althought it seems to look the BCs have a bit better quality.

BlownSi05
07-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes they are, the factory that makes coils for megans makes these as well, althought it seems to look the BCs have a bit better quality.

This is what I gathered from some of the conversation. It is all Bor Chaunn.