PDA

View Full Version : Password JDM Power Chamber Intake-who's running and some questions...

EP3CHRiS
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Hey guys, just have a couple of questions about the Password JDM Power Chamber Intake system. Now as some of you may know, you have to relocate the battery on this setup. Password JDM does offer a relocate system to the frame, but you can only put a smaller (in size) battery on the relocate system. I believe Pass JDM offers the Odyssey 680 or something. You can get the hole package for 480 bucks. So my questions are, is it really worth it?? I mean, it is alot of work to relocate the battery and it is a little pricey, but i wanna know what your thoughts are on it. I really wanna know who's running this set up. It does say that you can get good results out of it, and im just tired seeing little 4 and 5 horse power gains through little intake systems that are costing alot. Any other advice would be great

Thanks Guys...

Heres the intake

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-PowerChamber-Intake-DC5-02-06-RSX-EP3-02-05-Civic-Si-P1899C343.aspx

Draw7Seven
07-07-2010, 05:19 PM
A little 4 or 5 horsepower gain from doing nothing but adding an intake is pretty good on these cars, depending on where you're adding that 4 and 5 horsepower in the spectrum (high end, mids, etc). I would never drop 500 dollars on an intake. Ever.

CuStOmMaDe
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
ive heard that it is a great intake, one of my friends had one on his dc5 and i do admit it looked good aswell. He got one used for around 100 and already had the relocator kit. Thats the only way I would do it but password seems to like to have high prices but to me its not worth almost 500 dollars for an intake when a cold air can do just as well for a fraction of that cost

username011
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I would never drop 500 dollars on an intake. Ever.

+2

Save 500 more and get K-PRO..well worth the money and will be the foundation to tuning youre car as you buy more performance parts.

EP3CHRiS
07-07-2010, 05:38 PM
+2

Save 500 more and get K-PRO..well worth the money and will be the foundation to tuning youre car as you buy more performance parts.

ive heard that it is a great intake, one of my friends had one on his dc5 and i do admit it looked good aswell. He got one used for around 100 and already had the relocator kit. Thats the only way I would do it but password seems to like to have high prices but to me its not worth almost 500 dollars for an intake when a cold air can do just as well for a fraction of that cost

A little 4 or 5 horsepower gain from doing nothing but adding an intake is pretty good on these cars, depending on where you're adding that 4 and 5 horsepower in the spectrum (high end, mids, etc). I would never drop 500 dollars on an intake. Ever.

Yeah, im starting to wonder if it is really worth 500 bucks.......so what intake systems are you guys running, any websites that i can look at?? i wanna know the BEST system to run

Thanks

trippy
07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
dont buy there relocate do it urself =)

http://i26.tinypic.com/15wxt0p.jpg

yes yes i know its messy

itchy5
07-07-2010, 05:45 PM
ARC box here lol. i'd say get a 3in CAI

jh604
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
i used to run one because i like the concept...

1. intake facing the front vs any SRI facing the rear
2. Pretty much the same gains (or more?) as any CAI but without the "scary" factor of hydrolocking

intake - $175
battery - $80
DIY relocator - $5

Draw7Seven
07-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I run an Injen SP1576 and stay out of puddles. It suits my needs--I haven't dyno'd my car but the only thing less justifiable than paying 180 dollars for an intake that nets 5 hp is paying an additional 320 dollars to get one that nets an additional 3 hp.

HatchLing02
07-07-2010, 06:18 PM
I just installed one 2 weeks ago.. I can def say i like it alot more then any of the CAI and its freakin bling ! i got the kavlar yellow and its sexy. I dont really mod my car anymore but still love it to death. My only mods are the password intake and dc header. If you want low mid range power then this is the intake for you. Oh also its screams down the street . I dont know the true hp gains but im very happy with this set up.The battery is so freaking small an frees up some room under the hood. Look around you can find them used iv seen a few pop up last few months.

EP3CHRiS
07-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I just installed one 2 weeks ago.. I can def say i like it alot more then any of the CAI and its freakin bling ! i got the kavlar yellow and its sexy. I dont really mod my car anymore but still love it to death. My only mods are the password intake and dc header. If you want low mid range power then this is the intake for you. Oh also its screams down the street . I dont know the true hp gains but im very happy with this set up.The battery is so freaking small an frees up some room under the hood. Look around you can find them used iv seen a few pop up last few months.

dont buy there relocate do it urself =)

http://i26.tinypic.com/15wxt0p.jpg

yes yes i know its messy

Great, thanks for the input, glad to see someone who recently put it in and likes it. Quick question for Trippy in regards to your DIY Battery Relocate. I Pm'd you, but ill just ask again, what hardware did you use and where did you get it from??

T_Virus
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
not worth it...you might as well get reflash and a cai which would even cost less than this and even make more power.

black05ep
07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
i have the fatocry airbox with the hondata mod.and blocked off the resonators and put a ram air scoop on that goes to the front bumper intead of the radiator .and i have a spoon airfilter and i noticed a considerable differance when i put that on compared to the k&n shortram i had on previously. i say keep the airbox put a ram air tube on it hondata mod and differant airfilter.

KaeDu
10-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't know everyone was talking about but the kit is only 269 for the intake alone. If you add in the battery, relocation kit and velocity stack it comes out around 590.

ttttrigg3r
10-05-2010, 04:28 PM
i have the fatocry airbox with the hondata mod.and blocked off the resonators and put a ram air scoop on that goes to the front bumper intead of the radiator .and i have a spoon airfilter and i noticed a considerable differance when i put that on compared to the k&n shortram i had on previously. i say keep the airbox put a ram air tube on it hondata mod and differant airfilter.

what is this factory airbox hondata mod I keep on seeing popping up, and where can I find more information. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Also what is the ram air scoop? I'm thinking the WRX hood scoop.

Draw7Seven
10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't know everyone was talking about but the kit is only 269 for the intake alone. If you add in the battery, relocation kit and velocity stack it comes out around 590.

Fair enough, but set aside the bling factor and realize that you could do a Hondata airbox mod for free if you're hydrophobic and want some more torque/noise. Throw on some clothes dryer tubing from Lowes and you've got yourself a functional setup. If you care about the bling, nobody's gonna convince you not to drop thousands of dollars into your 2002 Honda Civic... eat your heart out.

Draw7Seven
10-05-2010, 04:31 PM
what is this factory airbox hondata mod I keep on seeing popping up, and where can I find more information. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Also what is the ram air scoop? I'm thinking the WRX hood scoop.

Basically if you open up your stock airbox, you'll see a series of "fins" built into the inner walls that prevent much noise or horsepower being generated. You can use a dremel/file/sandpaper/your teeth to take out those fins and increase flow within the box, leaving everything else the same. If you check Hondata's site, you may be able to find the original images that show areas that can be cut and areas that should be left alone to make sure you don't pop a hole in your poor stock box.

02ES1
10-09-2010, 08:41 PM
It looks to me that all the CAIs out there are about the same price as the PWJDM one minus the cost of a battery relocation of course. I like that it opens up a lot of engine bay space too though. http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=cold+air+intak e&search_in_description=1&x=46&y=11&categories_id=17&inc_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=

POOPTOOTH
10-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Well, I've just joined the 'powerchamber' club. I just purchased the powerchamber, rbc w/ karcepts adapter and a carbon rbc cover for $375 shipped. Talk about a killer deal. Can't wait to go to work on my baby this winter, she's coming out hard in the spring!

Here's the pic that sold me, and basically everything I just copped...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k121/joeman182_07/14de563f.jpg

integrictuner
10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
ive had one for about a year now love it no regrets at all!!!

POOPTOOTH
10-13-2010, 05:32 AM
Hell yeah man, I'm stoked to install it with my Rbc and everything. What did you end up doing for the battery?

Aston eh? Shit I head up that way sometime, my buddy lives off of Smith Bridge road and we used to ride dirt bikes back around there.

4lugSLUG
10-13-2010, 08:51 AM
gut the stock air box. its free btw!

POOPTOOTH
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
gut the stock air box. its free btw!

:mrolleyes:

And it will still look like ass, still wont make as much power and still wont fit with my RBC, WHAT'S YOUR POINT?!?!?

Alot of things are 'Free', but that doesn't mean they're worth doing. If you don't have any useful info about our 'super-cool-jdm-up-in-dat-ass-whale-vagina-penis-hermaphrodite' intake, keep it to yourself. :msmooch:

integrictuner
10-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Hell yeah man, I'm stoked to install it with my Rbc and everything. What did you end up doing for the battery?

Aston eh? Shit I head up that way sometime, my buddy lives off of Smith Bridge road and we used to ride dirt bikes back around there.

i just went with the password relocator, i had the battery in the trunk of my old car and i hated it allways in the way, yeah we should meet up sometime i go to delaware all the time for tax free shopping! like total wine!

4lugSLUG
10-14-2010, 06:41 AM
:mrolleyes:

And it will still look like ass, still wont make as much power and still wont fit with my RBC, WHAT'S YOUR POINT?!?!?

Alot of things are 'Free', but that doesn't mean they're worth doing. If you don't have any useful info about our 'super-cool-jdm-up-in-dat-ass-whale-vagina-penis-hermaphrodite' intake, keep it to yourself. :msmooch:

i r sorry. lub ya:mwink:

EP3CHRiS
10-17-2010, 08:12 AM
i just went with the password relocator, i had the battery in the trunk of my old car and i hated it allways in the way, yeah we should meet up sometime i go to delaware all the time for tax free shopping! like total wine!

Hey, do you have any pics of that re locator?? i have the chamber, and managed to fit the battery on its side where the stock battery plate fits, (ill put some pics up after) just curious to see where it fits

Garrett
10-21-2010, 09:13 PM
yeah man, just installed mine 2 weeks ago, absolutely love it, noticable torque in low ranges for sure

POOPTOOTH
10-21-2010, 09:22 PM
i r sorry. lub ya:mwink:

I'm just messin with you...I luv u too :P

sleepy ep3
10-21-2010, 11:51 PM
ARC box here lol. i'd say get a 3in CAI

+1,000,000. ARC makes great, high quality stuff and it looks beautiful. Little pricey, but so is anything worth buying

POOPTOOTH
10-22-2010, 07:21 AM
See, I was like that too ^^^^^ I've ALWAYS loved the Arc box.

Then I started weighing my options, especially since I'm going RBC on my cam'd A2. You cannot fit the ARC box with an RBC without hacking up that expensive ass pipe.

I got an RBC with karcepts adapter, power chamber with a elbow to fit an RBC and a Carbon RBC cover for HALF of what an ARC box would cost me. Financially and Performance wise it made more sense. It doesn't hurt that the whole setup looks sexy as hell either. :)

02ES1
02-04-2011, 11:36 PM

I know this is hella old but when you used the PWJDM battery relocator did you have to modify your battery cables?

EP3CHRiS
02-05-2011, 09:25 AM
I know this is hella old but when you used the PWJDM battery relocator did you have to modify your battery cables?

im pretty sure you have to, but you should double check. i didn't do the relocate form password, nore did i relocate it to the back. I used a smaller battery, and turned it on its side. i could do that because its a gel cell type battery. i mounted the battery on the stock battery plate, made some supporting brackets etc, and its been working great since. It was kinda a pain in the ass, but instead of using the password relocate, i would just do it your self. Relocate the battery to the back of the car. But make sure you run a fuse and get your self a good relocate kit, don't cheap out on er'. Heres how shes looks

http://i56.tinypic.com/34ozfie.jpg

Good luck with it

KaeDu
02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
DYNO THIS ISH!!!! I am gonna get one soon, too, regardless.

Tortoise
02-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I got one i'm gonna put on my a1 when i swap it. Im huge into car audio and have a big system so i cant run the small battery. I'm gonna relocate it to the trunk. Anybody know whaat optima i need to put in a battery box?

02ES1
02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I would advise against using an optima since there are many much better batteries for car audio. Look into Kinetik (http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/default.asp). About the same prices and highly recommended by the guys I know who are into putting huge systems into cars. I'm pretty sure a bigger Braille or Odyssey would even beat an Optima.

ImportCustomx
02-09-2011, 11:39 AM
moved

EPWRC
02-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Braille batteries are just rebadged Deka for WAY more money

NEO_FOLLOWER2
02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
hondata airbox mod with this...

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-881-vision-technica-carbon-fiber-air-intake-honda-civic-si-hatchback-2003-2004.aspx

and k and n filter

feels muchhh! better than stock i noticed it the moment i did it.

cheaper than buying a whole new intake and require no relocator kit or anything
no hyrdolock/or heatsoak

although this gains you no jdm points because it looks almost stock

02ES1
03-03-2011, 09:59 PM
So I just got my Powerchamber in the mail, but I bought it used so where does the Metal support Bracket mount to and how did you connect the breather tube? Did you move the metal piece that has the coolant running around it? I'm still working on my exhaust/motor mounts until I put this in but I was getting a little confused looking at the whole thing. It's gonna be a tight fit eh?

Tortoise
03-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Do you guys know if the power chamby will fit an a2 swapped ep3?

abstract
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
yess

abstract
04-21-2011, 12:17 AM
wouldnt removing your driverside headlight benifit the intake by having air hit the filter direct? (track days only of course)

i dont have the intake yet but it looks like the filter sits right behind the headlight so it makes sence.... anyone do this?

JoeyBones
04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
hondata airbox mod with this...

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-881-vision-technica-carbon-fiber-air-intake-honda-civic-si-hatchback-2003-2004.aspx

and k and n filter

feels muchhh! better than stock i noticed it the moment i did it.

cheaper than buying a whole new intake and require no relocator kit or anything
no hyrdolock/or heatsoak

although this gains you no jdm points because it looks almost stock

Do you have pictures of how that intake piece fits? Seems kinda pricey if I could just make it from Aluminum or something at work....

ep3xjOey
06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
sounds hellla deeeep tho!http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249000_10150211604894905_505599904_6774061_7801076 _n.jpg