PDA

View Full Version : right side click, but only in the rain

tallblondkid
07-08-2010, 09:13 AM
a few months ago a loud click/knock started but only if it is raining. when i lurk forward it clicks and then reclicks into place when i come to a stop. the reclicks the other way when i go. i went under the car but cant seem to find anything. its on the right front side..
anyone have any ideas?

Kerby
07-08-2010, 11:20 AM
you check your axles? cv boots might have a pin hole and all the grease oozed out.
A sign is when you check under... there's black/darkgrey glob sprayed everywhere either on the block or firewall and dirt is collecting.

27rocks
07-08-2010, 12:01 PM
lol i have recently been hearing this as well. I too got under my car and checked every little nut and bolt and found nothing.

tallblondkid
07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
you check your axles? cv boots might have a pin hole and all the grease oozed out.
A sign is when you check under... there's black/darkgrey glob sprayed everywhere either on the block or firewall and dirt is collecting.

no holes in the cv boot... and that wouldnt happen only in the rain if it was the axle

tallblondkid
07-10-2010, 10:20 AM
the only thing i can see it being is a bushing, but dont know how to check... i have hard race suspension bushings and advanced auto lower balljoint, wonder if that could be it... but i dont understand why it only happens in the rain