PDA

View Full Version : Passenger door lock not functioning

RoyVegasPinoy
07-09-2010, 04:01 PM
When I use the power unlock/lock switch, my driver's side works, but my passenger side hesitates. I can see it budging but it doesn't fully engage. What shall I look for when I take it apart? Is it electrical or mechanical? Also realized that my window rolls up slower on that side. I'm not sure if that's related if it's an electrical issue.

johnkimble
07-09-2010, 04:10 PM
sounds like the actuator on the door lock. my driver side door lock has been out for two years lol

ttttrigg3r
07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
It's the door lock actuator I just fixed mine a week ago. It's not hard and if you order the part it should cost around 40$. There's a thread for this.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?44557-DIY-door-lock-actuator...&highlight=door+lock+actuator

Also there's a DIY video on changing it.

RoyVegasPinoy
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Looks like it'll be an easy fix then! Thanks guys.

powdbyrice
07-10-2010, 06:00 PM
my pax side lock died a couple weeks ago. too lazy to fix.

66elwood99
07-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Don't forget some lube in the window channel when you have the door panel off....it will give you a little more life out of the regulator for that window... mine's been dying for two years now

sup_mario
07-10-2010, 08:51 PM
That is really so easy to do man. No need to worry.http://imagecabin.info/images/index.php/fa65d32.gif

2k3hatchie
07-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Reah over and unlock it....these cars are so tiny the driver can almost rest an arm on each window sill......which brings up the subject of why ep3 owners never get laid....its because chicks use the size of your car to your chances of getting in their pants....

Damn, looks like smart car owners have no chance in hell... I'd have to disagree with you though, whenever my girl and I see a dude driving a huge lifted truck its always.. "Look at Mr. What is he over compensating for!".

ttttrigg3r
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Don't forget some lube in the window channel when you have the door panel off....it will give you a little more life out of the regulator for that window... mine's been dying for two years now

What do you mean by lube in the window channel? Please describe. This is the first I've heard of it.