PDA

View Full Version : AC problem!!! help!!!!!

EP31986
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I have a big problem my ac doesn't work. I took it to various shops even the honda dealer and no one could find out what was exactly wrong. The car has freeon, but does not blow any cold air at all. The Honda dealer told me it could be an electrical problem. I am so frustrated since it is 90+ degrees and it sucks not having ac. I have k24 and kpro. I am not sure if anyone has had any problems with their ac, but any suggestions or ideas would help. Thank you

KrypTOniTE
07-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Make sure your fans are working

RHCP0801
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
does the compressor turn on?

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
07-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Does the blower motor work at all? Will the vents blow out any air? If not it could be your power transistor. Before the crash i posted the self diagnostic procedure. I will look for it and repost it for you.

EP31986
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
The vents blow out only hot air. I spoke to the guy at my local shop and he told me that there might be a possiblity that there is no signal being routed to the relay, but he wasn't sure. Thanks I appreciate your help.

EP31986
07-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I am not sure. I will check tomorrow. Thanks

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
07-13-2010, 02:23 AM
If you dl the honda service manuel in this link http://www.mediafire.com/?dyjz4tyy23d And go to section 21-7 page 780 the self diagnostic procedure is on that page. It also gives you step by step instructions on how to trouble shoot your system.

Tougeep3
07-13-2010, 04:42 AM
The Honda dealer told me it could be an electrical problem.

Did you pay any shops to actually diagnose it or ask for free checks. If you payed you should have an answer, or every shop around you seems very incompetent..

EP31986
07-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks. I will do the self diagnostic tomorrow. This should be very helpful.

EP31986
07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I took it to a few shops, which did a diagnosed it. The honda dealer and a local shop did not know what the problem was. They only told me it was an electical problem. I think there is a short somewhere since I had an accident prior to the AC going bad.

johnkimble
07-14-2010, 10:28 PM
does the compressor turn on?

my question as well. you can start there if anything

sLiCk
07-14-2010, 10:33 PM
I took it to a few shops, which did a diagnosed it. The honda dealer and a local shop did not know what the problem was. They only told me it was an electical problem. I think there is a short somewhere since I had an accident prior to the AC going bad.

So you paid a honda dealer which has access to all the manuals and wiring diagrams for the vehicle and all they could tell you is that there is an electrical problem??? That sounds like some incompetent bs to me.

VividSI
07-15-2010, 05:59 PM
im sure its the clutch/washer on the unit because i had the same problem and honda fixed it for free and the bill was almost $800 now it blows ice cold

sittinlow
07-15-2010, 06:14 PM
have you recently uploaded a new map with KPRO... I had tihs problem too... my multiplexor was turned off... might wanna try that within KManager... I believe its in MISC

Tougeep3
07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
So you paid a honda dealer which has access to all the manuals and wiring diagrams for the vehicle and all they could tell you is that there is an electrical problem??? That sounds like some incompetent bs to me.

That's what I'm saying..

Shayneep3
07-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I have a big problem my ac doesn't work. I took it to various shops even the honda dealer and no one could find out what was exactly wrong. The car has freeon, but does not blow any cold air at all. The Honda dealer told me it could be an electrical problem. I am so frustrated since it is 90+ degrees and it sucks not having ac. I have k24 and kpro. I am not sure if anyone has had any problems with their ac, but any suggestions or ideas would help. Thank you

ok i just fixed the same problem. the wire that leads to the compressor, its right under the front bumper its a grey plug it connects right by the condensor fan. the end that leads to the compressor is for the compressor clutch, you need to resoder it back on its loose thats what happened to mine it was all corroded where it connects to the compressor.