PDA

View Full Version : header and retune??

2003_ep3
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM
well im about to order the kiddracing header, but before i do i got a quick question

after i instal them do you think i will need a retune??? i dont have any chips or an upgraded ecu. all i have is an intake and an exhaust.

any help will be appreciated, thanks!
TJ

RHCP0801
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
how would you get a retune if you dont have anything to tune in the first place

anyway....a tune isnt needed but to get the most out of those mods you would need kpro than tune

2003_ep3
07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
i just realized i typed that. by retune i meant a new tune, as in anything but stock. meaning i would of course have to buy something to tune it

thanks for the help. i just wanted to make sure because i didnt want to spend all that money only to have it run like shit.

a kpro is definitely on the future list of mods. i just wish i had the money for it now

Passenger
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
i just realized i typed that. by retune i meant a new tune, as in anything but stock. meaning i would of course have to buy something to tune it

thanks for the help. i just wanted to make sure because i didnt want to spend all that money only to have it run like shit.

a kpro is definitely on the future list of mods. i just wish i had the money for it now

itll run fine the only thing is, I started running lean so I did the reflash and haven't had that problem since but Im still leaning towards getting kpro before the year's over with just to be on the safe side and to get a few extra horses.