PDA

View Full Version : running no front engine mount

MD Ripper
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
where the front mount bolts in, the bottom bolt hole on the trans ripped/cracked off(story and head ache of its own). the front mount is still connected by the top two bolts. now if i upgrade to the hasport race 70a mounts will this front mount problem give me trouble or will these mounts stiffen everything up to where the front mount doesnt really matter.

johnkimble
07-13-2010, 03:48 PM
where the front mount bolts in, the bottom bolt hole on the trans ripped/cracked off(story and head ache of its own). the front mount is still connected by the top two bolts. now if i upgrade to the hasport race 70a mounts will this front mount problem give me trouble or will these mounts stiffen everything up to where the front mount doesnt really matter.

you're missing a mount, so nothing is going to make up for that; however stiffening up the remaining mounts should certainly help with engine movement. i'd vote to get the missing mount fixed over trying to fix the problem by getting stiffer mounts

musashi1219
07-13-2010, 05:49 PM
get the missing mount fixed over trying to fix the problem by getting stiffer mounts

amen and roger that

MD Ripper
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
yeah thats what im trying to do is get it fixed. shop told me that they can fix it but said it could break more stuff or break worse. wasnt my fault that it broke i didnt install anything. shop said they would "fix" it for free but im not to sure how they are going to fix this

beechstreet
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
you're missing a mount, so nothing is going to make up for that; however stiffening up the remaining mounts should certainly help with engine movement. i'd vote to get the missing mount fixed over trying to fix the problem by getting stiffer mounts

off topic, but who the fuck is that chick in your avatar? yowza

johnkimble
07-13-2010, 10:39 PM
yumi kai