12-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Thats pretty cool, it'd look really cool with the carbon fiber look dash thingy

400 posts!!:D :D

chunky
12-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Thats pretty cool, it'd look really cool with the carbon fiber look dash thingy

400 posts!!:D :D

i thought about getting the carbon fiber dash overlays b/c i have a few scratches in the silver paint, but it just looks too damn cheap.

I've had that shift knob for awhile now, best shift knob out there IMO!

IceD out N CALI
12-08-2002, 08:58 PM
looks nice

chunky
12-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
looks nice

thanks. the polished aluminum goes well with the fake chrome plastic ring at the base of the boot.

the knob also is quite a bit shorter than the stock knob and results in a somewhat shorter throw.

civic hatch boi
12-08-2002, 09:09 PM
not slick looking, but sick looking. eww

IceD out N CALI
12-08-2002, 09:13 PM
yeah, matches the interior almost perfectly

chunky
12-08-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
not slick looking, but sick looking. eww

you don't like the knob or the way that the boot is attached to the knob?

the knob looks funny, but it fits really well in your hands when you shift, esp for pullin the 1-2 and 3-4 shifts down.

civic hatch boi
12-08-2002, 09:35 PM
i just don't like the knob... but the fit looks clean :)

ep3guy
12-08-2002, 09:38 PM
i have a spoon knob right now :D

chunky
12-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
i just don't like the knob... but the fit looks clean :)

=\

does it matter that it's a real momo cobra carbon and not a knockoff?

here's a shot of it in 1st.

Jpax
12-08-2002, 10:41 PM
I think its different, it looks fugly, but i think its kewl. :D

2k2_nbp_egg
12-09-2002, 06:32 PM
I like it chunky

That's the exact same shift knob I had on my old si, except it was in leather and not c/f. I got the chrome connector ring w/ the leather boot, and damn, i was so impressed with it that it's the exact same set up i'm planning on doing.

My only concerns are that the knob would feel awkward in it's position, and that the momo leather boot would look weird. But since you said that it feels so much better, i guess now i just wanna see a pic of that setup.

If your knob setup looks a little weird for any reason...i would think that it's because of the boot. The stock boot just doesn't match the car or any shift knob imo.

chunky
12-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
I like it chunky

That's the exact same shift knob I had on my old si, except it was in leather and not c/f. I got the chrome connector ring w/ the leather boot, and damn, i was so impressed with it that it's the exact same set up i'm planning on doing.

My only concerns are that the knob would feel awkward in it's position, and that the momo leather boot would look weird. But since you said that it feels so much better, i guess now i just wanna see a pic of that setup.

If your knob setup looks a little weird for any reason...i would think that it's because of the boot. The stock boot just doesn't match the car or any shift knob imo.

the shift knob feels great in it's current position, not awkwards at all. The leather boot might look a bit out of place but it would match the steering wheel. It certainly wouldn't look bad.

I like the factory boot. It's different, and works well with the really angled shape of the shift arm. A leather boot would look saggy and would not hold it's shape well with the movement of the shifter.