PDA

View Full Version : Help with aem cold air intake sucking water.

MarkL
07-14-2010, 05:19 AM
First time I drove my car In the rain was yesterday .Aem cold air intakes sit right infront of the driver side font wheel with no protection. Im not sue if the car came with something factory that may cover the inner wheel well.On mine you can see and changer the cone by just turning the front tire. So when it rains the front tire throws trash and water in to filter an causes the filter to bog. Is there any thing I can do to stop this besides going to stock airbox?

Heitzke
07-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah, you're supposed to have a plastic inner fender liner. They're about $35-40 from honda.. you should probably get one asap

Passenger
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
First time I drove my car In the rain was yesterday .Aem cold air intakes sit right infront of the driver side font wheel with no protection. Im not sue if the car came with something factory that may cover the inner wheel well.On mine you can see and changer the cone by just turning the front tire. So when it rains the front tire throws trash and water in to filter an causes the filter to bog. Is there any thing I can do to stop this besides going to stock airbox?

Im from GA as well, if you can find a decent price let me know from where. Maybe if we have a meet soon we can have a install day too or something.

Ep3some
07-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Check this out:

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=productdisplay&inputstate=5&make=Honda&model=CIVIC&year=2003&version=3DR+SI+%28SIDE+SRS%29&transmission=KA5MT&section=BODY+%2F+AIR+CONDITIONING&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&imageID=789646&illustrationID=10224&illustration=FRONT%20FENDERS

You should have this under your front bumper also. It should keep any water from getting directly on the filter. When you have this and the inner fender liner as the other members were saying, it should keep you pretty safe from getting hydrolock.

Allamon13
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Maybe one of those injen hydro shield covers will fit?

Ep3 ked
07-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Get a AEM air bypass valve I have one it works great

Passenger
07-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe one of those injen hydro shield covers will fit?
I ordered the black one and it fits great. I love mine.

Get a AEM air bypass valve I have one it works great
I thought those were for two piece CAI only?

VIZHUNZ02SI
07-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I ordered the black one and it fits great. I love mine.

I thought those were for two piece CAI only?

you have to cut out 2.5 inches and slip it on

goldEp
07-17-2010, 02:21 AM
get a ice box..never have to worry about it again..