PDA

View Full Version : Rear toe out of spec...causes?

thaseint
07-15-2010, 07:04 AM
So I went for a Firestone lifetime alignment and they told me that they maxed out my rear toe and were unable to get it into spec.

I believe it came out to something like:

Pass: -0.33
Driver: 0.23
Total: -0.10

I've never had this problem before so I'm not sure if the tech didn't know what they were doing or if there's some underlying issue.

The car has only been in 2 minor wrecks in the rear; but again I've had a few alignments since those and they never had problems. This was my first time getting my car aligned at Firestone.

I'm still on the original bushings (103k miles). Here are my suspension mods:

HFP suspension
SPC rear camber arms
SPC front camber bolts
RSX-S 5-lug conversion

Any ideas?

LLH
07-15-2010, 08:05 AM
wouldent you rear end up going to one of the sides(front and rear wheels woudent line up kind of) with that alignment?

Previous owner had a total of 1.9 deegres toe in at the rear dialed in on my car, i looking forward to bring it down to 0 and seeing/feeling what happens..

thaseint
07-15-2010, 08:13 AM
wouldent you rear end up going to one of the sides(front and rear wheels woudent line up kind of) with that alignment?

Previous owner had a total of 1.9 deegres toe in at the rear dialed in on my car, i looking forward to bring it down to 0 and seeing/feeling what happens..

Well the total toe is within spec, so I don't feel any huge differences or pulling. The car pulls VERY slightly to the right but most probably wouldn't notice.

I'm mostly concerned with tire wear. The reason I went to have an alignment in the first place was because my front passenger tire was wearing fast in comparison to the rest. Turns out the toe was WAY off on that side -0.75! :meek:

Didn't notice any abnormal wear on the rear tires when I brought the car in.

RHCP0801
07-15-2010, 09:30 AM
take it somewhere else, i have never heard of that happening before and i have done tons of alignments

ep3jd
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
take it somewhere else, i have never heard of that happening before and i have done tons of alignments

i wish you still worked at a shop, i need an alignment and i don't trust anyone with my car. plus its so low that 90% of places wont be able to get it on

RHCP0801
07-15-2010, 10:29 PM
lol if a place wants the money they will do it

LaoSiFu
07-15-2010, 11:08 PM
You might have to take it to a professional alignment shop. They are able to work with lowered vehicle. Or remove your front bumper when you go to Firestone.