PDA

View Full Version : Fitment Question

SteezyHFP
07-15-2010, 03:54 PM
probably a a noob question but just wanna 2nd opinion on this

the ep3 megan racing header will bolt directly up to the stock exhaust correct?

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=281&catid=67

just looking for a header upgrade that wont break the bank and isnt shitty also if there is another company out there for about the same pride and will bolt up to the oem exhaust please point me in the direction

i would like a answer asap
thanks guys

EPSU3
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM
yep bolts right up to the stock cat. Just reuse the donut gasket that is on your stock header.

Passenger
07-15-2010, 05:24 PM
I had a "HPRacing" Header way back in the day. I bought it cause it was a good deal and it was a complete waste of $175. If you're just wanting something for sound, this won't even suite you. I couldn't tell a difference in sound or performance at all with a "shorty" header like this. Not worth the money man.

SteezyHFP
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
any suggestions on something nice that wont break the bank?

Passenger
07-15-2010, 09:49 PM
OBX raceheader RSX Type-S Specific

mp_02si
07-16-2010, 05:00 AM
OBX raceheader RSX Type-S Specific

I think Passenger and I preach about this rh anytime this subject comes up :) Best bang-for-the-buck in my opinion.

EPSU3
07-16-2010, 08:25 AM
I concur. Go RSX-s spec so you have more room to add a hi-flow cat if need be. Just off the top of my head the RH is roughly $250 shipped on ebay, a car sound cat is under a $100, $40 bucks to have it welded into the adapter piece and you have a nice street legal power adder.

SteezyHFP
07-16-2010, 02:27 PM
wheres the cheapest to get one i found one on ebay fro $215

Passenger
07-16-2010, 02:36 PM
I think Passenger and I preach about this rh anytime this subject comes up :) Best bang-for-the-buck in my opinion.
Lol I noticed that too, we preach the truth! The comptech replica (version 2 OBX) puts more power down than most rh period, I think the KRRH/BuddyClub and bigger named ones like that might push out a few extra horses but at over twice the cost.

wheres the cheapest to get one i found one on ebay fro $215
I got mine off of here on a group buy but yes you can get it off of ebay, I looked it up last nite and they're selling the exact one I have. Probably the best bolt for the price.

mp_02si
07-19-2010, 11:59 AM
lol i noticed that too, we preach the truth! The comptech replica (version 2 obx) puts more power down than most rh period, i think the krrh/buddyclub and bigger named ones like that might push out a few extra horses but at over twice the cost.

I got mine off of here on a group buy but yes you can get it off of ebay, i looked it up last nite and they're selling the exact one i have. Probably the best bolt for the price.

amen