PDA

View Full Version : Should I get these

cody_sir
07-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I am thinking of getting the TEIN SUPER STREET DAMPER COILOVERS.

Are these any good or should I get something else.
I tried to find some info on the forum but couldnt find any.
Just want to know if these are good or am I throwing my money away.

.colin
07-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Tein makes good stuff, so I'm sure they are fine. What are you planning on doing with your car? Coilovers may be overkill. A nice set of shocks and springs may be better and less expensive.

cody_sir
07-16-2010, 12:04 PM
well right now I have tokico d-specs with eibach prokit but I want the car lower. I like coils because of all the adjustability options you got with them.

.colin
07-16-2010, 12:07 PM
well right now I have tokico d-specs with eibach prokit but I want the car lower. I like coils because of all the adjustability options you got with them.

If you just want to go lower, you can always get the racelands that everyone seems to love. They are like under 300 bucks and will let you go as low as you want. That or look for a used set of coilovers in the classifieds.

ImACoolKid89
07-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Go with Tein..!

I have the Tein-SSp's and they handle and adjust great...

cody_sir
07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
THATS WHAT I will probably do

ep_hatcher_510
07-16-2010, 10:08 PM
If your just driving around the streets with them then any coilover will be fine.

ImACoolKid89
07-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah..! Do It..!
Join the dark side...
We have cookie's !

cody_sir
07-21-2010, 10:18 AM
now im looking at getting the buddy club n+

STEVENMUNERA
08-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I am wondering if the buddy club n1s are any good n1 + are any good i gotts good deal on em but dont know if they are descent

sleepy ep3
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
I am thinking of getting the TEIN SUPER STREET DAMPER COILOVERS.

Are these any good or should I get something else.
I tried to find some info on the forum but couldnt find any.
Just want to know if these are good or am I throwing my money away.

I bought a set of these and LOVE THEM. I will never buy another set or brand. The settings they have on they are exactly what you expect it to feel like. Kind of $$$, but you get what you pay for. I had a set of Skunks b4 the Tein's, and they were absolute crap compared to the SS dampers. Buy them, love them. But order them with the pillowball mounts.

sleepy ep3
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
no.

DrZfInEsT
08-22-2010, 02:05 PM
I am wondering if the buddy club n1s are any good n1 + are any good i gotts good deal on em but dont know if they are descent

I've been on N+'s for 6 months now and I absolutely love it.The only complaint is the fronts don't go as low as I would want them too.

SUSHI_NE1
08-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm currently Skunk2 Pro S Coils... they're nice... I like them. Plus if you ever blow the shock, it wont cost an arm and a leg to replace.... Tien quoted me like $500+ to replace 1 shock, so I just bought a whole new set. And S2 only charges like $200 IF THAT to replace them.

Ronnie
08-28-2010, 10:09 PM

THAT's a BIG NO, NO
get teins if u are goning to autocross or track ur ep, but if ur ep is a DD then get raceland + they are under 300 bucks so after one year, u still go nothing to loose

:thumbu:

jed_averill
08-28-2010, 10:13 PM
THAT's a BIG NO, NO
get teins if u are goning to autocross or track ur ep, but if ur ep is a DD then get raceland + they are under 300 bucks so after one year, u still go nothing to loose

So they only generally last a year?

Ronnie
08-28-2010, 10:17 PM
So they only generally last a year?

haven't had them for that long yet but its obvious that with 310 lb up front and 417 lb in rear they might blow eventually after at least one year
- and like i said i haven't had them that long so they might last for one year and half

jed_averill
08-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I guess no other way to maintain. Do you have to buy the whole set again?

Ronnie
08-28-2010, 10:30 PM
raceland offers a two years manufacture warranty on their coilover, so i guess u can replace them as soon as u notice that they might have been blown.
i just got the new replacement for my front strut, no question was asked and i basically called in and talked to them and told them that they were clunking and they are blown
- I guess u just have to buy another set in case u couldn't get any replacement

as a matter of fact, here :
http://sap082.channeladvisor.com/t-warranty.aspx

jed_averill
08-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh yes 2 years. Saw stories about it in this thread actually. It should last me since I'm not an aggresive DD.
I wanna get them already since I got more things inline for modding.