PDA

View Full Version : Why do you "debadge" your Si?

snubnose
07-16-2002, 02:48 PM
I've heard that many Si owners debadge their cars and take the i-vtec decals off. I'm not sure if I understand why; I like the way the red "Si" looks on the front and back.

I guess debadging may make the car more "sleeper" if I am using the slang correctly. Perhaps it makes it less of a target for thieves and vandals. Possibly, taking the badge and decals off makes the car look cleaner and understated. Maybe, some feel that the badges and decals are in poor taste, like a braggart showing off.

Personally, I feel that Honda did a good job with the car's cosmetics. What are your views about this?

fishboy
07-16-2002, 02:55 PM
i like the emblems. my h's got stolen and i wish i took them off instead of that greasy punk that has them now. now i just have that black h in the front and a black h sticker where that back one used to be. they can take that if they want i got lots of stickers. the other emblems are still on. i like them.

stingyboy
07-16-2002, 03:09 PM
as far as those stickers on the sides, i think they are just tacky and cheap; plus they weren't even straight.

on the front and back i just think it looks cleaner and uncluttered without the badges. also, i don't like advertising for honda!

Mechanic
07-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Snubnose, I don't think it's the Si badges that owners are removing (but I may be wrong). I think it's the "Civic" script that seems out of place on the car. And, the V-tech decals? Well, I haven't taken mine off yet, but they do look sort of cheap, no?

But, as long as we're on the subject of decals, do you remember the post by one of our British cousins, Jonny Type R? The photos he attached to his post included one with a large (perhaps 3-foot long) decal that extended from the trailing edge of the door to the C-pillar. He advised me that the dealer removed it when he bought his car, but it read "Type R," and the "R" was huge, perhaps 18 inches tall.

I thought that decal was neat. So much so, that's I've been trying to hunt one up something similar on line. So far, all I've found found on line are the word "Honda" and the Honda "H." Still, I've been toying with the idea of putting one or both on my black Si, running them diagonally just as the Type R appeared on Jonny's Type R. Ok, so whadda think?

Brenetics
07-16-2002, 04:49 PM
I removed only the "Civic" emblem

iR-VTEC2
07-16-2002, 07:29 PM
I removed the civic and both red Si's. I've had soooo many emblems stolen from me before that I'm not gonna give anyone the pleasure. It does look a whole lot better to me anyway. I can't wait for a front grill that doesn't have an H-spot.

As far as the back H is concerned, Anyone know of a way that i l could make that it's permanent home? Like epoxy resin or something?

DrPimpSiR
07-16-2002, 07:31 PM
To me it doesn't matter if all the emblems are on. Anybody who knows their cars knows that an EP has an i-VTEC and it is a Civic by Honda.
It would be like trying to remove the badges on a Corvette trying to make it a sleeper!

BlazeX12
07-16-2002, 09:45 PM
I like my badges on, i dont really like the i-vetc logo, its too big, i like the old logo off the 00 Si's. As far as debadging it, i dont really get the craze, i like my badges, i guess its just personel opinion.

LazyAzzAzian
07-16-2002, 10:35 PM
i like the badges on the car but i would take them off because sooner or later some ass is gonna come along and rip them off along with some of the paint, i figure it would save myself the trouble

SpeedRacer
07-17-2002, 12:11 AM
I think it looks cleaner without the badges in the back i think it is just personal style and those big i-vtec stickers make it look like a electric car in my opinion so those came of right away as well. Some like it some dont do what you prefer but please no fake badges. I saw a toyota tocoma yesterday with SIR badges on it what are these people thinking?

RacingCivicSi02
07-17-2002, 12:32 AM
It better for u to take it Off. So u won't have any theive take it off for u and scratch off the paint. And u won't be mad if u take it off urself. If someone u don't know took it off for u would be hella piss. Am i RIte????

SBC31
07-17-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by RacingCivicSi02
It better for u to take it Off. So u won't have any theive take it off for u and scratch off the paint. And u won't be mad if u take it off urself. If someone u don't know took it off for u would be hella piss. Am i RIte????
You are correct, now what would it take for me to sign you up for some english classes.....lol! (j/k)

stingyboy
07-17-2002, 09:16 AM
so much easier to wax without those bastards on the back also. i hate trying to pick yellow wax outta the badges!

TezGari
07-17-2002, 09:27 AM
look at us.....We are all scared of those "Rice Boy's" (like the ones on Honda-tech.com) that steal our badges on our new cars!!!!!!!
im scared to, i work at the mall and i wont drive my car to the mall. You work like 8 hours right, your car just sits thier for 8 hours....You know what can happen? Damn those Fool's who steal our stuff, they have no respect. If i found one of them stealing my badge i would, call the police and press charges.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Brenetics
07-17-2002, 09:35 AM
you could cement it to your car.
:D

SBC31
07-17-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Brenetics
you could cement it to your car.
:D
I realize you meant this as a joke, but I know someone who did do something that made it hard to remove it (on an older Civic) so the would be badge thief couldn't get the badge off, so they keyed is car, then kicked in the 1/4 panel instead. Not a good idea.

HondaMan
07-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Hmmm...I debadged my 89 Civic Si (except for the H front and back) but I'm not sure if I want to debadge this ride. The front mesh grill/apron needs to go...I used the wrong kind of soap and sections of it have a white film on it now that won't come off...Doh! So, use a good car wash soap. ;)

fishboy
07-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SBC31

I realize you meant this as a joke, but I know someone who did do something that made it hard to remove it (on an older Civic) so the would be badge thief couldn't get the badge off, so they keyed is car, then kicked in the 1/4 panel instead. Not a good idea.

holy shit if i caught the guy doing that to my car i would seriously kill him by beating the shit out of him first then putting his mouth on the curb. damn punks man. just leave other people's cars alone.

snubnose
07-17-2002, 12:46 PM
God damn right, fishboy.

SpacemanSpiff
07-17-2002, 12:52 PM
HondaMan,
Two ideas to try and get the white film off the black trim:
Mothers Back to Black or Peanut Butter
I've used the Mother's product but have heard that Peanut Butter works wonders too.

HondaMan
07-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try. :)

RacingCivicSi02
07-18-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by SBC31

You are correct, now what would it take for me to sign you up for some english classes.....lol! (j/k)
HEy i had a hard time reading it too. But i didn't feel like going back and editing it. so i left it the way it is. LOL