PDA

View Full Version : JRSC-Street with K-Pro?

eurosteez
07-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I plan on gettin the JRSC street kit and K-pro. The only reason I'm not going for the Race kit is because of lame CARB (smog) regulations. So....

Any CARB outlaws out there have any advice on the issue? is it possible to pass smog with the Race Kit?

I already have I/H/E and I'm hoping that once the superchargers hooked up that K-Pro can squeeze the most power out of the car and still pass smog.

I was also wondering if K-Pro can be programmed for a low emissions setting that can be used to pass smog?

ideas?/opinions/advice?

cheers

HondaFreak
07-17-2010, 02:46 PM
The JRSC with K-Pro will pass smog no issues. You need to do a few things before you go smog though.
Things that "need" to happen:
Injectors must be stock
Cat must be present
All aftermarket equipment MUST have a carb sticker
4.4 pulley must be present on the jrsc
Your VIN must be on K-Pro
Your AFR better be as close to stock as possible

I passed the state referee with a jrsc and K-Pro. It's not an issue. But if you get a tough cookie, anything aftermarket is going to cause issues. I would HIGHLY recommend going to smog with as little aftermarket stuff as possible. It's just going to cause issues.

Christian

jtrolinger
07-17-2010, 09:12 PM
My advice is to go to an emissions station that you have been to before. Like Honda Freak said..you might run into a tough cookie..however, half of them just want to get paid. When I had my 1999 si I ran a test pipe w/bolt ons that didn't have carb stickers..I passed because I paid 100$ to pass lol..Another thing to think about would be to keep the vehicle as quiet as possible to avoid unwanted attention because 9/10 if you get pulled over by a CHP or local cop they will pop your hood and have no idea what they're looking at..in turn they will refer you to a state ref which there is no way to bs those guys. A lot of guys would say to save your money and go with the race kit and you'll be happier, but these are the same guys that haven't gone through the headaches that I've gone through in Cali..Or join the military..you don't have to smog your vehicle AF FTW!!!!!

eurosteez
07-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the input guys. HondaFreak your car is a effin beast! anyways Ive decided to just get the street kit and manually tune it. My car has 120k miles on it so I dont think the internals would be to happy with the race kit and Kpro maxin it out at 10psi....plus I plan on swapping a k20a in there in a few years and I want her to be reliable as a DD until then.

eurosteez
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
bumpdate: bought a 4" pulley and kpro off some ephatch members...440 injectors and testpipe (bye bye cat) on their way too =)
I'm figuring i'll pass emissions by putting cat and 4.4" pulley back on and adjusting the ecu settings.

jtrolinger
08-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Hope your EP is pulling strong...can't wait to throw on a jrsc-s kit+Kpro

SUSHI_NE1
09-28-2010, 03:22 PM
BUMP FOR THE JRSC STREET KIT... I REALLY WANT ONE!... But theres none to be found.

eurosteez
09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
whatchu mean none to be found? supercharger.com...and just go with street kit if your gonna do it