PDA

View Full Version : looking at buying a ep3 need advice please

mdsniper7
07-18-2010, 03:56 PM
hey guys I am looking at buying a 02 si it has 71k on it,and has some mods, a full skunk 2 exhuast,lowering springs, and a jackson racing supercharger. he said he willgo no lower than 6300 is this a good deal on the car,its in really good shape.

66elwood99
07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Seems in line with KBB, if it hasn't been beatin too bad sounds fair to me.

johnkimble
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
yep, i guess it all comes down to whether you can trust the dude and if it's cosmetically in good shape

MBaG
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
whoa. it's supercharged? better make sure the engine isn't too beat. if it's in good shape, this is a good deal.

sleepy ep3
07-18-2010, 08:39 PM
I would REALLY go over the car well and see what is what. Good deal if on good shape

acuralvr2002
07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
It sounds nice but like they all said i would get the car checked out first to see if any problems come up man but they are really great cars though.

VIZHUNZ02SI
07-19-2010, 01:14 AM
max who are you trying to buy the car in tampa first of all. second have you seen or checked out the car mad sure it didnt have issues i can tell you right now that at one point in time tampa for some reason had alot of ep3 cluster going arround. it is easy to find out from a ep that been at grandma's house that probably only put on 75k or less. take her cluster put it in a beat to hell ep and claim low mileage for the year. the mileage is store in the memory chip on the cluster and can not be erase. you have to swap out cluster. and tell kevin to be a lil more aware than to send you out in tampa to look for a car. i've said it once and im gonna say it again. tampa has alot more shady people than florida has palm tree's. yeah im sure it was beat on like kimbo slice.
here is a type-s on tamparacing.com for sale http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/cars-sale-wanted/670977-fs-2003-acura-rsx-type-s-7k.html

02_epdriver
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd go find a nice stock one

VIZHUNZ02SI
07-19-2010, 12:15 PM
I'd go find a nice stock one

+1

mdsniper7
07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
why buy stock its supercharged stock ones are slow as balls. Also its not in tampa its in texas lol I am traveling out there people in florida expect to much for there cars and all LIE from what I have learned, I have never bought a car in florida I always buy em out of state lol.

02TWSI
07-19-2010, 04:39 PM
salvaged title, right off the bat it has to be.

mdsniper7
07-19-2010, 05:09 PM
clean title ran the vin already

02TWSI
07-19-2010, 05:51 PM
great deals will happen I suppose, a friend of mine picked up a clean title 1xx,xxx mileage '94 gsr integra for only $1400 last week. I'd say go for it if it doesn't have any flaws, drive it first! and drive it hard fuck what the guy says....its your money.

mdsniper7
07-19-2010, 06:40 PM
will do thanx guys he did say the back shocks are bouncy though I guess they need replaced, but i will run it like the wind

USAF EP3
07-19-2010, 06:48 PM
max who are you trying to buy the car in tampa first of all. second have you seen or checked out the car mad sure it didnt have issues i can tell you right now that at one point in time tampa for some reason had alot of ep3 cluster going arround. it is easy to find out from a ep that been at grandma's house that probably only put on 75k or less. take her cluster put it in a beat to hell ep and claim low mileage for the year. the mileage is store in the memory chip on the cluster and can not be erase. you have to swap out cluster. and tell kevin to be a lil more aware than to send you out in tampa to look for a car. i've said it once and im gonna say it again. tampa has alot more shady people than florida has palm tree's. yeah im sure it was beat on like kimbo slice.
here is a type-s on tamparacing.com for sale http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/cars-sale-wanted/670977-fs-2003-acura-rsx-type-s-7k.html

Dude, how do you know this is Max? I called him already and he denied that he signed up on the site. I mean, I see why maybe he might be because mdsniper hasn't said otherwise that his name ISN'T Max. So, iunno I guess I'll call him again. Either way, don't buy something already modified, it's a pain in the ass and you'll end up spending more money in the long run fixing problems than the money you THINK you're saving now. Buy as close to stock as possible and go from there, at least you'll know it'll be reliable until you mess with it.

mdsniper7
07-19-2010, 07:46 PM
my name is matt lol who is max also why buy stock its got such low miles and I thought these engines can handle a supercharger etc.

white_cOmet
07-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Looks like a good deal to me as long as the car is in good condition.

PatrickJamesYu
07-21-2010, 10:38 AM
is it dropped on stock shocks?
and I agree with all of them
Go stock
Or something with lighter mods.
Yeah the engine can take it
but that is still some hardcore stress on your car.
I doubt it's been on this long but a supercharger for 60-70k is still rough
And theres a chance this guy has driven this car reall hard
you just never know

BUT if its fresh and you KNOW it's great condition, I think 6k is a good deal for this car.

02_epdriver
07-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Why buy stock. Well lets see. Who knows if it's been constantly raped for one and why not start from scratch and build it to your own likings and specs. Unless if you really know who owned the car and how they took care of it, buying a FI car is stupid unless if it's someone on ephatch that takes care of their car properly. Go find a nice stock one and put your own touches to it. Did they change the oil? How are the plugs? Does the coolant smell like dirty pie hole? Is the engine bay filth like it was washed in a mud bath? Tranny fluid black? Lots of things to think about.

66elwood99
07-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Why buy stock. Well lets see. Who knows if it's been constantly raped for one and why not start from scratch and build it to your own likings and specs. Unless if you really know who owned the car and how they took care of it, buying a FI car is stupid unless if it's someone on ephatch that takes care of their car properly. Go find a nice stock one and put your own touches to it. Did they change the oil? How are the plugs? Does the coolant smell like dirty pie hole? Is the engine bay filth like it was washed in a mud bath? Tranny fluid black? Lots of things to think about.

But does this all not also apply to "stock"? Do not most people who modify their cars take better care of them? They are apparently into their car and most take much pride in their vehicles, and of course some abuse them also......

It comes down to checking out their claims and the condition of the vehicle. Modified or stock!

02_epdriver
07-22-2010, 06:29 AM
But does this all not also apply to "stock"? Do not most people who modify their cars take better care of them? They are apparently into their car and most take much pride in their vehicles, and of course some abuse them also......

It comes down to checking out their claims and the condition of the vehicle. Modified or stock!

Yes and no. A supercharger puts more stress on an engine. If you simply purchase a stock vehicle just change all the fluids,plugs, etc. All in all it depends from the person your buying it from and how they drove the car and how they took care of it. Always check everything over before you buy.