PDA

View Full Version : My car got taken for a joy ride.

Esras02si
07-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Around 3:45am on my birthday I got woken up by a police officer nocking on my door. Right away im like wtf did I do now? He asks if I know where my car is and im like awww shit. He said someone stole it and took it through the park down the street and then left it. My front bumper is hangin off my one wheel is all fucked up not sure what underbody or mechanical damage is done. But all the stuff in my car got taken. My question is how the hell did they take my car? There is no sign of them breaking in and nothing is wrong with the ignition. WTF? I highly doubt these guys had a universal key with an extra ecu with kpro on it. Any ideas? Are there other ways to take them?

T_Virus
07-19-2010, 12:42 PM
ouch...any alarms? did you forgot to lock your car? etc?

talonXracer
07-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Yes there is a way to steal most any Honda/Acura's without swapping out ECU's.

sorry to hear of your misfortune, hopefully Karma will strike the thief's with leprosy.

HondaFreak
07-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Yes there is a way to steal most any Honda/Acura's without swapping out ECU's.

sorry to hear of your misfortune, hopefully Karma will strike the thief's with leprosy.

This is interesting. Ever since Honda went to the immobilizer, I have seen next to nothing about immobilizer Hondas being stolen. I don't see how since the ecu needs to recognize the proper key fob. But then again I'm not a thief, so what do I know besides the hoops I've jumped through to get K-Pro to see my key fob.

Maybe the op had a set of keys stolen.

Christian

T_Virus
07-20-2010, 12:09 PM
This is interesting. Ever since Honda went to the immobilizer, I have seen next to nothing about immobilizer Hondas being stolen. I don't see how since the ecu needs to recognize the proper key fob. But then again I'm not a thief, so what do I know besides the hoops I've jumped through to get K-Pro to see my key fob.

Maybe the op had a set of keys stolen.

Christian

I remember something like this came on the news where people would take your VIN and go get a new set of keys at some dealers.

Esras02si
07-20-2010, 12:16 PM
I didnt have an alarm im pretty sure my car was locked. They stole my car and and a new civic so idk.

white_cOmet
07-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Wow Sorry to hear that man. It happens so look forward and hope u come back with some greater goodies ;)