PDA

View Full Version : JRSC install on a k20a3 with 120K miles...uh oh?

eurosteez
07-19-2010, 05:35 PM
The cars got 120k miles and shes gonna be on blocks for a while for the supercharger (JRSC-Street) install....i figured its a good time for some maintanence as well. Heres the plan so far...

for sure:
upgrade radiator and hoses
new spark plugs prolly NKG Iridium #IZFR6K-11
fuel filter (havent parted out yet)

Maybe?

fuel pump
fuel injectors
anything else?

The Street kit uses stock injectors but they have 120k on them...should I upgrade to 310's or can the stockies handle the boost demand? I'd rather not but it might be a dumb decision to keep the stock ones since they're so old.

cheers

04EP3Hatch
07-23-2010, 11:19 PM
youll be good on everything you have, the fuel filter isnt replaceable. I would personally run denso IK22's for your plugs, and upgrade to the RC440's and definately get Kpro if you care for your engine, i have 105K and im on the 3.8" pulley, soon to be 3.7" with water meth. I would personally give the engine a nice flush, buy 5 quarts of a cheap base oil, like mobil clean 5000, and idle it for 10 minutes, then drain it and replace the filter and run your prefered oil. Just get's all of the old stuff out. I did it and the oil is so much cleaner after 3000 miles holy hell. If you want to go JRSC-R let me know, i have a 4.0 pulley and a 1 week old gates belt for it!

sleepy ep3
07-23-2010, 11:48 PM
I'll sell you a set of 650 cc injectors for 150 shipped. If you plan on running over 7 psi these will work great, they will also fit the stock rail. Pm if interested. The nice thing about these is they will fuel your hunger for boost up to about 400 at the ground. Most people go low right off the bat but end up changing again and spending the money twice.

eurosteez
07-24-2010, 12:38 AM
650 is a bit large for my setup...but mabye once i get kpro...I ended up gettin injectors from an rsx-s, 310cc's. Ima go for the 4 inch pulley and kpro once i recharge my funds. 04EP3Hatch...i'll pm you if I need that pulley anytime soon...and I got the IK22's too. Pumped to finish the job tomorrow and gitter on the road.

04EP3Hatch
07-24-2010, 08:27 AM
650 is a bit large for my setup...but mabye once i get kpro...I ended up gettin injectors from an rsx-s, 310cc's. Ima go for the 4 inch pulley and kpro once i recharge my funds. 04EP3Hatch...i'll pm you if I need that pulley anytime soon...and I got the IK22's too. Pumped to finish the job tomorrow and gitter on the road.

alrighty man! i also got a 3.7 if your feelin gangsta :) dont worry about the mileage, i beat the PISS out of mine but i maintain it very proper, and it doesnt smoke/consume oil :)

johnkimble
07-24-2010, 10:22 PM
is a clutch on your list of things to replace or did you already do that?

I bet if you haven't done it yet it will be on your list of things to do within 5k miles lol

powdbyrice
07-24-2010, 10:46 PM
you might as well add brakes to that list. LOL.

04EP3Hatch
07-24-2010, 11:55 PM
is a clutch on your list of things to replace or did you already do that?

I bet if you haven't done it yet it will be on your list of things to do within 5k miles lol

ehhh, i've been blown for 11K miles and im at 105K now, on the original clutch, and i flatfoot shift, his clutch should be fine, assuming he can drive!

vbpracer
07-25-2010, 12:31 AM
I honestly see no need to change out the oil with cheap oil, then run it for a short while and drain it. Completely unnecessary. I have close to a 100K on the clock, stock clutch, been supercharger for 50K miles, 10 of that with the tsx motor, you should be fine. Your stock injectors are fine, you could run a step colder plugs.

vbpracer
07-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Oh and yeah brakes, wouldnt waste money on that, street kit wont even make you faster than a towncar.

04EP3Hatch
07-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I honestly see no need to change out the oil with cheap oil, then run it for a short while and drain it. Completely unnecessary. I have close to a 100K on the clock, stock clutch, been supercharger for 50K miles, 10 of that with the tsx motor, you should be fine. Your stock injectors are fine, you could run a step colder plugs.

no im not even saying run it for a short time, i mean idle the engine, still on the lift/jack stands, then drain it, just to flush all the old contaminated oil out

Johnny
07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Subscribing. I'm at 100K on my engine. Thinking of getting a supercharger, running the motor until it dies and then swapping with supercharger. :)

Good luck. Let us know when this happens.

eurosteez
07-28-2010, 09:36 PM
ok I'm completeley finished and heres whats installed: JRSC-S (powercard), hondata IMG, denso IK22 sparks, RC 310 injectors, skunk2 throttlebody, skunk2 fuel rail, koyo radiator and hoses , ES motor mounts,and boost gauge. (aready had I/H/E).

The install was very smooth. Since I had the radiator out it was very easy to remove intake manifold and bolt on the SC. A few hours were spent with electronic debugging. I had to re-wire the power source cuz the harness power source was out (very strange). I ended up re-wiring to the emergency flasher harness.

Compared to before the car drives great! the ES motor mounts are a MUST and I should have installed them years ago...epic go-cart feeling to the car now.

The supercharger combined with the 310 cc injectors and larger throttle body have given the car quite a boost in power. Like many other threads say....the car has the power it lacked in the first place. It pulls like hell especially up hills and it definitely needs another 1000 rpm up top to get all the power from boost up there....its just begging for a 4" pulley =P. The skunk2 throttle body gives a racey feel to the gas pedal and overall Im stoked on the upgrades (less than $5k) especially when i get the smaller pulley to complete the JRSC-Ghetto setup.

Does anyone know if you can raise the rev limiter without reflash? it NEEDS atleast another 500rpm up top

Ima get her dyno'd next week and hopefully the shop can squeeze some more power out of her.

vbpracer
07-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Many years ago I had ran the jrsc with 310cc injectors and the 4" pulley. I also had a sri, jrrh and midpipe at the time. This is not a safe way to have your setup, since you are altering your a/f. The power with jrsc s that most have had was around 180-190 whp with supporting bolt ons. There is no way to raise the rev limiter, unlesh you get the reflash or kpro.

eurosteez
07-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Many years ago I had ran the jrsc with 310cc injectors and the 4" pulley. I also had a sri, jrrh and midpipe at the time. This is not a safe way to have your setup, since you are altering your a/f. The power with jrsc s that most have had was around 180-190 whp with supporting bolt ons. There is no way to raise the rev limiter, unlesh you get the reflash or kpro.

makes sense....

kpro scares me but im probably gonna end up gettin it sooner than later.

vbpracer
07-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I think you'll be ok to run it temporarily, but the sooner you get kpro, the better, and is really nothing to be scared about.

02TWSI
07-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Oh and yeah brakes, wouldnt waste money on that, street kit wont even make you faster than a towncar.

sigh.......I upgraded the brakes on my car with less than 170hp......just because they suck that hard. Atleast get some nice pads and some nice rotors. Trust me, brakes are important for lots of things, from maneuvering around idiots, to slowing from 80 to 30 instantly when you see a cop turning around to get you.

eurosteez
07-29-2010, 02:14 PM
yea brakes, clutch and suspension are necessary with more power but theres not much you can do with an empty wallet =(