PDA

View Full Version : Rotors Calipers and Pads

OriginalName52
12-08-2002, 11:32 PM
At some point I want to get blue brakes... Forgive the newbie, but, to get blue brakes, do I want blue rotors, calipers, and/or brake pads? I think it will go well with my Volk white Gram Light's when I get them... :D

Thanks for the help!

-O

ssvr6
12-09-2002, 05:35 AM
Calipers are what's normally colored....

Just paint your stockers if you want blue ones, otherwise, get some quality brakes and don't worry about the color.

Steve

OriginalName52
12-09-2002, 06:11 AM
That's crazy talk! Obviously the color is much more important. Wait, I seem to remember people telling me to "listen to steve".... hmmmm. ;) I found a kit to paint your brakes on optauto.com, you think it's any good? If not where would I get such a thing professionally done (I fear painting)? Thanks for tolerating my newb questions Steve!

-O

ssvr6
12-09-2002, 06:37 AM
Look into Folia Tec or G2 Caliper Paint. Those are 2 part paints that brush on. They're VERY thick and last forever.

Also, be forewarned that painting your stock calipers a bright color will lead to ridicule from your friends, familiy, and EP Hatch members.

;)

Steve

OriginalName52
12-09-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Look into Folia Tec or G2 Caliper Paint. Those are 2 part paints that brush on. They're VERY thick and last forever.

Also, be forewarned that painting your stock calipers a bright color will lead to ridicule from your friends, familiy, and EP Hatch members.

;)

Steve

That will quickly melt into jealousy after the initial knee-jerk reaction to the concept. My color scheme will be clean and stylish! I SWEAR IT!

DocofMind
12-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Dont even bother with the expensive shit. I know. I have done both now and have seen the results.

Go to Autozone and buy the Duplicolor 500 degree header paint. Also get the primer too. You ll spend 10 bux and about 2 hours of your time masking and painting. If you want extra protection, use the clear enamel they have too. I just did another set this weekend that i ll be installing hopefully this week. I ll post pics when i m done

OriginalName52
12-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
Dont even bother with the expensive shit. I know. I have done both now and have seen the results.

Go to Autozone and buy the Duplicolor 500 degree header paint. Also get the primer too. You ll spend 10 bux and about 2 hours of your time masking and painting. If you want extra protection, use the clear enamel they have too. I just did another set this weekend that i ll be installing hopefully this week. I ll post pics when i m done

Thanks Doc, the pics would be really helpful. Appreciate it!

-O

ssvr6
12-09-2002, 09:36 PM
I disagree, the good stuff is worth the cash IMO.

Steve

DocofMind
12-10-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I disagree, the good stuff is worth the cash IMO.

Steve

LOL. Spend your cash brutha, more power to you. I was just telling you because i just recently used both. I myself was amazed at the quality of the stuff in a can. The only downside is that it comes in a spray can. You have to be careful where you spray. They have newly designed tips though that make it really easy to spray without making mistakes.

I guess all you lose doing it my way is a little bit of time and about 14 bux. 3.99 a can of paint. 3.99 a can of clear enamel. and a few bux for sand paper to get the old shit off first.

The other systems are 39.99 minimum and dont even look as good. I ll post both pics so you can decide for yourself :)