PDA

View Full Version : Factory Paint Job

Jayn909
07-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Does any body got info on a good painter that does a good job in SoCal left pass side dented hard need factory paint job at a low price info come on guys. Or if i could do it y self somebody shoot me some tips hehe.

PatrickJamesYu
07-21-2010, 11:30 PM
http://landgenterprises.com/

They're in San Dimas. The city with Raging Waters!
They're the best I've seen, and I've seen them fix some horrid stuff.
But they do it right, and they dont take ANY short cuts.
But because they do this, they aren't cheap.

But I thought I'd reply and give you SOMETHING to start off at

goodluck!

EP3tuner410
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I work at a shop here in Maryland and there's one thing for anyone to keep in mind when it comes to paint work.

There's no such thing as good cheap paint work!

I hope you get the job you're looking for though at a decent price!

JaydmEp3
10-20-2010, 12:27 AM
If anything I say go buy the small amount of oem paint from the dealership and jus find someone to fix the dent and paint it. Might kno of a guy to do it but he will possibly be in the 350-400 range. And paint from the dealer is kinda expensive. So up 2 u. Lmk pm.

EP3tuner410
10-20-2010, 03:27 AM
If anything I say go buy the small amount of oem paint from the dealership and jus find someone to fix the dent and paint it. Might kno of a guy to do it but he will possibly be in the 350-400 range. And paint from the dealer is kinda expensive. So up 2 u. Lmk pm.

I wouldn't buy the paint from the dealer because there really isn't a such thing as "OEM PAINT"!

I can mix any color dead nuts on for any car from my mixing bank...

The way Honda, Acura, Subaru, Etc. chooses their paint is based upon which paint company gives them the best bulk price.

Then they normally sign contracts based on that and ever so often some change because they get a better price from another outfit.

If you want a decent brand of paint like PPG or BASF you are looking at easyily a 200-300 range for just the base to be sprayable.

Then easily another 2-3 for clear coat with activator.

So we haven't even got into the body work, primers, sealers, tape, paper, or sand paper.

Average cost range at my shop depending on size of the car and what you want done color wise and jammed out or not is 1500-3000.