PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!car died

topnotchep3
07-20-2010, 01:35 PM
can someone tell me whats wrong with my 04 ep? went on road trip and car just started to shake and then wouldnt start anymore. but b4 then it was reving to about 2,000 rpm. its been sitting since. please help!!!

Twisted-X
07-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Any CEL codes?

topnotchep3
07-20-2010, 03:05 PM
idk. dont know much about cars at all. wanted to see if its an easy fix or if my motor is tore up. some people say it might be the timing or something like that!!!

Heitzke
07-20-2010, 03:47 PM
idk. dont know much about cars at all. wanted to see if its an easy fix or if my motor is tore up. some people say it might be the timing or something like that!!!

Well man, if you can't even tell us if you have CEL's or other symptoms, how can anyone even begin to help you figure out the problem? My personal guess is that your fuel tank is clogged up with dead rats.

EP3driver
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Well man, if you can't even tell us if you have CEL's or other symptoms, how can anyone even begin to help you figure out the problem? My personal guess is that your fuel tank is clogged up with dead rats.

Maybe it was Aliens! Seriously, who knows, without additional info we cannot help...

Passenger
07-21-2010, 12:53 AM
There was a video on here not too long ago (couple of months max) of someone having the same problem.. Look around for that thread I guess. Sorry it's not much help

4angrybadgers
07-21-2010, 05:15 AM
This thread, so far, is like calling up your doctor and saying "IT HURTS!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?!?", refusing to answer any other questions, and expecting a cure...

white_cOmet
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
lol yea with your description no one can help you there =T

T_Virus
07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
You guys got it all wrong...Think about it...Road Trip and car dies...I bet he got lucky with a girl during his road trip in his EP and it died. I thought it was just a myth...

shanewdude
07-21-2010, 12:27 PM
How about some real help, people? Maybe some questions would help us help this member.

What's your mileage? Any mods? Your check engine light looks like a small orange engine; is it lit up? (don't confuse it with the "Maintenance Required" light. Did you check your oil level? Is your gas level low? (I ran out one time with it still showing some fuel in it). When it was running at 2000 rpm, was it steady or was it surging? Did it feel different to drive? Did it start to shake for awhile, and when it did, what were you doing, and did you turn it off right away and then it wouldn't start? Did the temperature gauge start to rise fast, or was it normal? When was the last time your air filter was changed?

My first thought is a dirty IAC valve, but it would be nice to know some more symptoms. Maybe your timing chain skipped some teeth, especially if you have a high mileage engine and worn guides.

T_Virus
07-21-2010, 12:41 PM
True...but we cannot assume until more details are given.

Twisted-X
07-21-2010, 01:51 PM
How about some real help, people? Maybe some questions would help us help this member.

What's your mileage? Any mods? Your check engine light looks like a small orange engine; is it lit up? (don't confuse it with the "Maintenance Required" light. Did you check your oil level? Is your gas level low? (I ran out one time with it still showing some fuel in it). When it was running at 2000 rpm, was it steady or was it surging? Did it feel different to drive? Did it start to shake for awhile, and when it did, what were you doing, and did you turn it off right away and then it wouldn't start? Did the temperature gauge start to rise fast, or was it normal? When was the last time your air filter was changed?

My first thought is a dirty IAC valve, but it would be nice to know some more symptoms. Maybe your timing chain skipped some teeth, especially if you have a high mileage engine and worn guides.

Your right, of course. I just posted the first thing I'd check if this problem randomly happened to me. Wasn't sure how much car knowledge he/she had...

4angrybadgers
07-22-2010, 05:57 AM

Considering he couldn't even answer the first question that should be asked, and was asked - "Is your CEL on?" - do you really expect him to answer questions harder than "is that light on your dashboard lit?" With the ridiculously vague statement in the OP, it's not even worth asking specific troubleshooting questions until this fella deigns to give us the most basic details.

topnotchep3
08-30-2010, 02:12 PM
sorry people but been too busy to read thread. found out that it was some bad fuel which messed up all my fuel lines. cleaned out lines and all that already but its still revving when motor is cold but when warm the rpm stays at 2000? not droppin for s***? and yes check engine light has been on since i changed the stock mid pipe a long time ago (for whoever was tryin to give me s*** about not knowing CEL. just dont know your so called mechanic slang or whatever u wanna call it!!!!but of course everyone knows check engine light. next time dont be a d*** about it)(for everyone else "thanks for everything. i appreciate it alot") mileage is only 56,000. MODS: aem cold air intake, megan mid-pipe, megan header, hks cat back exhaust, and cheap coilovers.

ShadowEP3
08-30-2010, 02:14 PM
HT found EPH

SUSHI_NE1
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
I put up a few videos of what was happening to my ep... Or is... Havent figured the problem out yet.... Check you sensors.... Might be your fuel pump... I think thats whats wrong with mines. As for timing???... I just don't know how the ep can just go off timing all of a sudden???

Good luck man... Let everyone else here know whats up when or if you do figure it out. Hope your engine is ok though :-)

oh!... AND WHEN MY RPMS WONT GO DOWN FROM 2K, CHECK ENGINE COMES ON AND P0122 COMES OUT... THATS FOR THE TPS

topnotchep3
08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
and also had a friend check timing chain already but nothing is wrong with it he says. but idk? it starts up fine and all that ever since i cleaned the fuel lines and injectors. the only problem now is the revving and high idle. my friend says it might be something internal but not sure about it. and i also switched out the 02 sensor on the mid pipe already too but still @ high idle?

SUSHI_NE1
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
and also had a friend check timing chain already but nothing is wrong with it he says. But idk? It starts up fine and all that ever since i cleaned the fuel lines and injectors. The only problem now is the revving and high idle. My friend says it might be something internal but not sure about it. And i also switched out the 02 sensor on the mid pipe already too but still @ high idle?

my idle is like that every morning... Im a go and buy me a voltometer.... Check the volatage on the tps, map and iacv... Also on the wires because i have already changed the tps and iacv. Don't want to spend on a new map if it's not that.

topnotchep3
08-30-2010, 02:43 PM
oh yeah we switched the tps right after it died with my brother's extra a3 motor in the garage too. it started after we switched it but it was back firing like hell and a couple flames came out the exhaust so we turned the motor off again but couldnt start it anymore after that!!!

topnotchep3
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
i"ll probably try swapping my ecu with the extra one to see if it makes a difference at all

SUSHI_NE1
08-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Here's before I did anything to fix my problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-y4awta2cg</object>

Here is today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfG7AAVWJA

LOOK FAMILIAR!

Twisted-X
08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Have you tried Cleaning the IACV (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43337-Cleaning-the-IAC&highlight=cleaning+tps)?

Not being a dick, just wanted you to see the link.:mbiggrin:

SUSHI_NE1
09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Have you tried Cleaning the IACV (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43337-Cleaning-the-IAC&highlight=cleaning+tps)?

Not being a dick, just wanted you to see the link.:mbiggrin:

ACTUALLY!... This doesn't always work and its pretty much inevitable that it will go bad again. Like I have said before... I have not just cleaned... I have REPLACED the IACV and still no good... I have gone so far as to change the TPS to.

I spoke to a homie Honda technician and he said a few CR-V's have have come in with the same issue and had to replace the whole TB.... If a TB goes bad... IT'S JUST BAD!... I'm at the point where I am going to buy me a new TB and sell my used/new IACV as well as the TPS that comes with it. Was gonna go with the Skunk2 but I don't want any smogging problems.

topnotchep3
09-10-2010, 11:13 AM
thanks everyone. but i found the problem. it was the map sensor. swapped it with a spare one laying around the house. its idling fine for now. everything seems to be working fine now. thanks for all the advice

typeflex
07-23-2013, 06:54 PM
good info in the thread, subscribed!