PDA

View Full Version : climate control in civic??

umhaha84
12-09-2002, 08:45 AM
i went to honda.co.jp
just to look at what honda offers in japan
and i saw ep3 with climate control

http://www.honda.co.jp/manual/civic-type-r/2002/aircon/auto.html

i wondered if anyone could get the system

Jpax
12-09-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by umhaha84
i went to honda.co.jp
just to look at what honda offers in japan
and i saw ep3 with climate control

http://www.honda.co.jp/manual/civic-type-r/2002/aircon/auto.html

i wondered if anyone could get the system

why would you want it?

hamproof
12-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Auto climate control are great. You set the temperature and voila! You don't have to keep adjusting it.

As it is now, I'm fiddling with the different mode (defrost/foot; face/foot;foot) and turning the tempt. knob constantly trying to keep myself warm but not excessively hot in these cold months.

In my previous car, I set the tempt. and press the auto button. It figures out what mode to put it in and at what fan speed to maintain the correct tempt.

IceD out N CALI
12-09-2002, 02:27 PM
interesting, bet it'd cost a grip. try contacting options1auto.com, i bet if anyone can get em they can

fyzm7357
12-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Damn that would be nice.....that is one feature that I wish our cars had....my girlfriend has it in her RSX and it's really nice during winter...

Jpax
12-16-2002, 06:04 PM
good luck translating the japan instructions , and if you can get the parts.:(

BarracksSi
12-16-2002, 06:49 PM
That looks good. Really simple controls, I'd say. If I were to have climate control, I'd prefer that layout.

Making the conversion happen, though, is surely quite an undertaking. I wonder what's involved -- what new parts to find places for, what old parts to get rid of, will the knobs easily move to the left side (for us left-hand drivers), etc etc etc....

umhaha84
12-20-2002, 12:04 AM
dun worry i got bunch of japanese friends
i guess they can translate it for me..
unless they want to keep Climate control by themselves :confused: