PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap

Garrett
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
So i'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and want to make sure everythings okay, i just put on my apexi ws2 3 days ago and now when i drive i hear it hitting something underneath my car, it seems to be somewhere around the catalytic converter, any ideas as to what this is? Or if i could quickly fix it, which i'm sure i can.

Oh and i already tightened all the bolts so i dont know what it could be

talonXracer
07-23-2010, 05:25 AM
Alot of times the exhaust will require the bolts to be retightened after they heat cycle a few times. Also make sure the hangers are not shot.

Garrett
07-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Alright will go run out and check that in a minute, thanks

Garrett
07-23-2010, 08:03 AM
All of that was good, im gonnna go a differents route and heat wrap around where it is hitting so that it doesn't bang anymore :) hopefully that takes care of the problem

fox
07-23-2010, 12:26 PM
My borla exhaust hit on the rear sway bar. I just wrapped some heat warp around the way bar to prevent the noise, but it sounds like you got it handled :)

Garrett
07-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Haha yeah heat wrap was the way to go, i can still hear it hit when i drop gears but barely, not even close to what it was doing

Garrett
08-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Kinda bringing this tread back to lol but after i hear wrapped it, there is no problem when its sunny and nice out but as soon as it rains, it bangs on the underbody. Any idea why this is? I want to get this fixed because its really annoying haha