PDA

View Full Version : Maint Reqd light problem please help.

Jayn909
07-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Im wondering if any body might have had this problem or knows how to fix it, i turned my car on this morning and a Maint ReQd light appeared it blinks 10 times and turns off, i dont think its my oil it still has about 2000 miles to go does any body know what the code might be please help thanks.

oneglory
07-23-2010, 07:48 PM
the maintanance required light comes on in preset invtervals (milage)....its in the manual.

Jayn909
07-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Yup ur absolutely right i read this on other forums i need to get my hands on a guide thanks again.

sleepy ep3
07-23-2010, 11:53 PM
the maintanance required light comes on in preset invtervals (milage)....its in the manual.
Agreed. Just google how to reset it.

shanewdude
07-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Or click this link: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43428

It is in a stickied thread in the DIY forum. Remember, when looking for something to check first the stickied threads at the top of each forum!

K20wagon
07-24-2010, 12:18 PM
The maintenance required light is there to remind you of tune ups and stuff. The light flashes in different intervals to tell you what is needed to be done. Just look in the service manual to find out what it is saying.

And the way you reset the light is to put the key in the ignition but dont turn it. Push the button on the cluster that resets the trip a and b milage and hold it for bout 5 or 10 secs then turn the key to on and keep holding the button and wait for the light to go off. After that turn the key back off then crank the car and it should not come back on till the next tune up that is required.

josetequila
07-27-2010, 06:19 AM
ok guys i got this problem, my maint reqd light is on right, but i am sure my reset button on the cluster is not working right, is like not making any contact toward the green board, so if i wanna check miles on a or b or see how many mile i have in my ep, i have to play with it untill it actually does change, i try not to press to hard... but still what would you guys recomment me to do next??? any help would be thankfull...