PDA

View Full Version : help!

2003_ep3
07-24-2010, 12:34 PM
i just got my kidd racing header installed on my ep3 and its way too long!! its almost three inches past my catback. the header came with the extension/test pipe and it has to be installed or it will be to short.

has anyone else had this problem? i need this fixed asap. its almost as if the entire header is too long because i had to pull of the mounting clips for the o2 sensors so they would reach the ports.

someone please help, thanks for the help in advance

AUTiger
07-24-2010, 01:16 PM
dude, you didn't research did you. It is type-s specific. You need a type-s midpipe or get yours cut

AUTiger
07-24-2010, 01:18 PM
or you can take the testpipe portion and get 3 inches taken out. But I would take it out in two places at an inch and half each and get it welded back together. I picked up an 06 type-s midpipe to get mine to work for the time being until I can get a a custom 2.5in exhaust fabricated

2003_ep3
07-24-2010, 01:36 PM
i thought i researched enough, but apparently i didnt. i talked to the guy who runs kiddracing and he said it will bolt right up to the stock ep3 exhaust.

thanks for all the help! u saved me alot of headache, i didnt kno if i would have to order another header or a whole new catback. guess ill get this fixed monday

what do you think would be the easiet, measure and inch and a half off each side of the 02 bung and cut those sections out and re weld it? or just take and inch and a half off each side of the testpipe?

AUTiger
07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
i am trying to remember how I did it. I think I did each side of the o2 bung. Reason being, there is that slight bend at the end that connects to the midpipe. But in the end I decided it was easier to just pick up a type-s midpipe incase it was only 2.5in too long or maybe 3.5inches. This way I knew my shit would line up, haha. Good luck!

2003_ep3
07-24-2010, 01:50 PM
well if it isnt three inches on the dot, im blamming it on you!! lmao. this sucks. i bought it with an ebay can on thats welded from the test pipe back, so i cant buy a type s midpipe:(