PDA

View Full Version : 05-06 RSX-S 5 Lug Conversion Info/Help...

ep3_si
07-26-2010, 06:47 AM
So I always wanted to do a 5 lug conversion someday, and this might be the time, since there's a guy who is parting out his 05-06 RSX-S. I've searched but got only info on the 02-04 RSX-S 5 lug conversion. I'm sure I'll need more parts if I'm going to do this swap. So can anyone help me find a list of things that I need. btw the dude wants me to make an offer too and I heard that you can get a 5 lug Type R Brembo Brake conversion for $1K.

27rocks
07-26-2010, 10:28 AM
The rears are all the same including the 5 lug ep's. The only difference is obviously the rotor/ hub which is 5 lug, but none the less the same as the 04-05 Ep. They all share the same caliper and mounting points of any Ep.

Now the fronts are a little different. Since you are possibly getting the 05-06 this means that the ball joints are slightly larger than the Ep and 02-04 RSX-S lower control arms. No problem though because as long as you get the lower control arms with the kit you will be fine. That is the only difference between the 02-04 RSX-S and 05-06 RSX-S 5 lug conversion. Everything else is the same. Also you will need 02-06 RSX-S axles since the hubs are slightly larger.

All you need:

Front knuckle/hub's
Calipers
Rotors
Axles
Lower control arms (if getting the 05-06 RSX-S swap only)

Rear knuckle/hub's
Rotors
Your Ep calipers will work, but if hes throwing them in just keep them.

ep3_si
07-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Thank you so much for clearing things up for me. I really appreciate the help. btw would his shocks/strut/upper mounts fit our EP's? I know I'll need his tie rods but will his top mounts fit in those three holes with no problems? just want to make sure.

27rocks
07-27-2010, 07:36 AM
No problem man this is why we have forums.

Yes they will fit without any problems! Like you said though you will need the RSX tie rod ends. Also if you go with the rears you will have to shave off a little material off the bottom of the strut right where the through bolt goes through. The RSX are slightly wider than the Ep ones but many people have made them work. A little grinder should do the trick.

2k3hatchie
07-27-2010, 08:51 AM
^ can vouch for the struts fitting, running DC5 struts front and rear. I'll be doing down the 5 lug route at some point in the near future as well.