PDA

View Full Version : "tune-up"

kai-wun
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
my baby rolled over 100k (now almost 102k) kilometers and would like to do a tune-up. i bought her at 86k so who knows if the prev. owner ever changed the fluids.

thinking of doing the following:

-oil/filter
-spark plugs (ngk or denso?)

-coolant flush (honda OEM ... how many litres/quarts do i need?)
-radiator cap (mugen?)
-thermostat (do i need fan switch? oem or mugen?)
-magnetic drain plug for oil and MTF

-brake/clutch fluid (ATE superblue ... how many litres?)

might consider SS brake lines, hawk hp pads, and centric blanks as i'm not very impressed with the brakes right now. but that's $$$ and rotors/pads have been replaced at 70k ... so maybe it's just that the stock brakes suck? maybe ITR 5 lug swap is in order ...

hopefully the superblue fluid would improve braking feel ... (i feel like i have to step down all the way to the floorboard to get the car to stop)

Twisted-X
07-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Valve adjustment is a good idea also.

ttttrigg3r
07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Lifter adjustment is a good idea also.

what's a lifter adjustment

Passenger
07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
change blinker fluid and lube the seat bearings

sifrk32
07-26-2010, 04:28 PM
We have a link for the service manual of the ep3 if you don't have it. There it suggests what to check for after so many miles. Are you hoping to just keeping the car reliable & tightening it up a little? Btw id be too scared buying any car at over 80k miles, imo, but i hope its been running good for you.

kai-wun
07-26-2010, 05:14 PM
We have a link for the service manual of the ep3 if you don't have it. There it suggests what to check for after so many miles. Are you hoping to just keeping the car reliable & tightening it up a little? Btw id be too scared buying any car at over 80k miles, imo, but i hope its been running good for you.

My car was mint for a stock '02 with 86km (53k mi); and yep ... I'm just doing a tune-up and I need her to last to 300km :)

Twisted-X
07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
what's a lifter adjustment

Thats redneckese for a floor jack. :mbiggrin: