PDA

View Full Version : revhard turbo kit

justme7534
07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
If I get the rev hard tubo kit will I need an intake and a header. I just want to know so I can save a few bucks.

Thanks

AUTiger
07-27-2010, 06:26 PM
do some research, going turbo removes your header and replaces it with a turbo manifold and you will not use an intake that is designed to go with your intake manifold, but you can get a custom one for the turbo itself. I suggest researching what going turbo means and does.

sleepy ep3
07-27-2010, 08:27 PM
do some research, going turbo removes your header and replaces it with a turbo manifold and you will not use an intake that is designed to go with your intake manifold, but you can get a custom one for the turbo itself. I suggest researching what going turbo means and does.

OWNED. Lol no but for real dude, you need to do some research.

whatisthis
07-27-2010, 09:15 PM

i'm 100% with him. you need to understand alot more than you seem to before you just throw a turbo at your car. if you don't have a solid grasp of the basics at the very least, you'll never be able to make it worthwile. you'll spend 4 grand and end up with 220whp. trust me that's a colossal waste. study, study, study.

playap07
08-27-2010, 06:18 AM
yup yup. theres alot of info on here about revhard, even a diy. He answered your question though no for the header, for the intake you will need a filter for the intake other than that it comes with everything else. Last time i check revhard closed down, just saying cause i tried to order a new down pipe and Corsportusa told me they were no longer in business. Plus i called them and they never answered. go figure...

jeenyusss
08-27-2010, 06:34 AM
do you need a revhard downpipe? i have one

FoReVaPmP
08-27-2010, 08:09 AM
I fix'd your title!.... Happy MOding!!!....

No offence but: :searchnoob:

gtimportfanatic
08-29-2010, 04:51 AM
do you need a revhard downpipe? i have one

is it a 5bolt 3"?

playap07
08-30-2010, 08:57 PM
nah bro im good. thanks. i got it welded up and its better. The welder told me not to heat wrap it or it will burst open again. Thats what he said cause it to crack open.

sleepy ep3
08-30-2010, 10:15 PM
nah bro im good. thanks. i got it welded up and its better. The welder told me not to heat wrap it or it will burst open again. Thats what he said cause it to crack open.

Not sure I believe this. I had mine wrapped the whole time, and it never gave me any trouble.

gtimportfanatic
08-31-2010, 04:23 AM
i dont have anything wrapped and im good.. but my friend had her wastegate fall off her top mount mani after she wrapped it.. just sayin the wrap might cause a lil more stress than we think

playap07
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Not sure I believe this. I had mine wrapped the whole time, and it never gave me any trouble.

i didnt either. i thought it was either the engine movement or the torque damper fucking up that caused it at one point(too much wheel hop) what ever caused it, it hasnt happened again yet! He said it cracked because it was heated up and cooled too rapidly or some shit like that in that process. When i think about it in my mind it could of been all of that. eh im just happy its fixed and im back on the streets boosting and murduring v8s!!!!! muhahaha! Revhard 12psi 4 the win!

jeenyusss
09-02-2010, 10:09 AM
stainless steel ftw :)

makavelibranded
09-02-2010, 10:40 AM
i didnt either. i thought it was either the engine movement or the torque damper fucking up that caused it at one point(too much wheel hop) what ever caused it, it hasnt happened again yet! He said it cracked because it was heated up and cooled too rapidly or some shit like that in that process. When i think about it in my mind it could of been all of that. eh im just happy its fixed and im back on the streets boosting and murduring v8s!!!!! muhahaha! Revhard 12psi 4 the win!

how much power are you making at that psi?,.. do you have a full 3inch downpipe and testpipe on it yet?

superchargedk20
09-02-2010, 11:25 AM

man i want 12 pounda :(

insomniaEP
09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
so is it not a good idea to heat wrap ur downpipe?? i can see how that might cause stress but ive never herd of people having that problem before....now im gonna be paranoid and end up taking mine off lol

makavelibranded
09-02-2010, 04:45 PM
ive been fine,.. only thing ive lost were all but 1 bolt on the downpipe lol

dobbs02si
09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
If its stainless I would. Heat wrap attracts moisture so it will eventually rust a mild steel DP to the thickness of paper lol.

playap07
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
how much power are you making at that psi?,.. do you have a full 3inch downpipe and testpipe on it yet?

i dont know. i never got dynoed. Back when i was on 12psi with a 2.5 test pipe and 60mm exhaust and tuned by mike @ elite he said i should be in the 250-270 range plus im at a high altitude and thats killin me. Now im on a 76mm skunk2 exhaust all the way from the 2.5 downpipe and thats a hella lot better flow. though i added more stuff to it that threw my tune off im in the need of a new tune but i would say my power level should be no less than 270 now maybe +/-