PDA

View Full Version : what size of injectors I should get for my ep3 2003 ?

alomairmoha
07-28-2010, 12:48 AM
how is it going every buddy ? please help me out with this , I have 2003 ep3 and I just got skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail , and my friend told me that I should get injectors to gain more power , so the question is what kind of injectors I should get and what size , my car has just dc headers and filter intake and light fly wheel .
thank you for your time guys

Lucid Moments
07-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Keep the stock injectors. Bigger injectors will not gain you any power. In order to make more power you have to have both more fuel, and more air. And you have to have them in the correct proportions. The mods you have listed do not give you enough extra air to require more fuel than the stock injectors are giving you.

talonXracer
07-28-2010, 06:19 AM
You would also need to get kpro in order to utilize anything but the stock injectors.

Injectors are not a power adder.

EP3Casas
07-28-2010, 10:20 AM
+1 to what lucid and talon said.

your frined is not too smart either. I would not take any more advice from him.

T_Virus
07-28-2010, 12:19 PM
+1 to what lucid and talon said.

your frined is not too smart either. I would not take any more advice from him.

Unless if he tells you to donate $500 to ephatch.com

alomairmoha
07-29-2010, 12:15 AM
thank you bro for your time , what do you think if I get skunk2 intake manifold , am I going to get more power ? and should I get Throttle Body before or should I get them together ? can you please tell me how do they work or how does the car gain power ? thank you

Onasty
07-29-2010, 07:16 AM
If your looking for more power simple Bolt-ons are not going to do it without K-pro because it to much money for to little gain. You cant even use your bolt-ons to their full potential without K-pro. You have to think what direction u want to take ur car into before u ask for advice; Is it for show? To race? Both?

skep18
07-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Kpro first. Look for mods after.

eurosteez
07-29-2010, 11:18 AM
somewhat on topic...i just installed JRSC-Street with skunk2 throttle body and fuel rail. I put in 310cc injectors with idea that they would better match the SC and TB fuel demands. the pulley is still 4.4"

I'm now wondering if the stock ECU can handle the slightly bigger injectors? cuz the CEL is on and its prolly the injectors
Gettin Dyno'd next week so we'll see the A/F.
Kpro and 4" pulley are next.

talonXracer
07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
The Skunk2 mani on a basically stock A3 will not see the gains you would have liked to of seen, the only real alternative would be the PRC mani. But again Kpro would be needed to get the most out of it. Best to also step up to stg2-3 cam's, send the TB out to maxbore. You are limited in what you can do being out in Kommiefornia.

Passenger
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Hondata reflash will give you more power for a good price.

classiccelica
07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I am getting the reflash very soon. Sucky thing is I had Kpro and sold it thinking the car as being sold as well. We had our little girl 3 days ago and I decided to keep the car a while back. Kpro is GOD when dealing with the k series engines, the reflash is great and you can upgrade later. But the mods you should be looking at are the following, suspension, brakes, then get into the engine. Cold air intake, header shorty or long tube design (shorty for emissions), cat back exhaust. Then after those start messing with tuning. I would learn how to mess with kpro before buying it as it will help you in the long run.

Passenger
07-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Congrats ClassicCelica.

02TWSI
07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Congrats ClassicCelica.

I agree, congrats man I enjoyed your youtube vids. I regret selling my kpro every day....:[

4angrybadgers
07-30-2010, 04:58 AM
somewhat on topic...i just installed JRSC-Street with skunk2 throttle body and fuel rail. I put in 310cc injectors with idea that they would better match the SC and TB fuel demands. the pulley is still 4.4"

I'm now wondering if the stock ECU can handle the slightly bigger injectors? cuz the CEL is on and its prolly the injectors

The stock ECU cannot recognize the fact that you have larger injectors than the stock 270cc injectors, so it's pulsing the injectors based on that flow rate. As a result, you're almost certainly running rich across the board and that's probably what triggered your CEL. Don't guess on the cause though, get the error code and look it up in the Honda Factory Service Manual (or post it on ephatch so we can help you diagnose).

skep18
07-30-2010, 06:36 AM
I miss my EP...

classiccelica
07-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Congrats ClassicCelica.

Thank you very very much I will post a pic of her in the ep soon in the general discussion area. On a side note isn't there a way to make the stock injectors flow at like 5something cc by removing the little velocity stacks on the end of the injectors?

Passenger
07-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Thank you very very much I will post a pic of her in the ep soon in the general discussion area. On a side note isn't there a way to make the stock injectors flow at like 5something cc by removing the little velocity stacks on the end of the injectors?

Yeah, I'll be excited when Im finally a dad. Not trying to rush it by no means but I love babies/little kids. I just don't like them once they hit about 9 or 10 and start neck-jerkin, suckin on their teeth everytime you say something and talkin back.
Anywho, There was some kidn of DIY of this back in the day and I could've sworn there was somewhere you send your injectors to and they do it for you for really cheap or osmething but idk that was years ago I saw that stuff.

classiccelica
07-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I'll be excited when Im finally a dad. Not trying to rush it by no means but I love babies/little kids. I just don't like them once they hit about 9 or 10 and start neck-jerkin, suckin on their teeth everytime you say something and talkin back.
Anywho, There was some kidn of DIY of this back in the day and I could've sworn there was somewhere you send your injectors to and they do it for you for really cheap or osmething but idk that was years ago I saw that stuff.

Yeah I think it had something to do with modifying the screens or something.

Heitzke
07-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah I think it had something to do with modifying the screens or something.

Yeah, you carefully grind those screens off the tips of the injectors and they flow ~ 520 (I believe)

makavelibranded
07-30-2010, 05:48 PM
how is it going every buddy ? please help me out with this , I have 2003 ep3 and I just got skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail , and my friend told me that I should get injectors to gain more power , so the question is what kind of injectors I should get and what size , my car has just dc headers and filter intake and light fly wheel .
thank you for your time guys

What they said and a fuel rail wont gain you any HP.

You should probly get engine managment to utilize what youve done before you ruin the engine.

Passenger
07-30-2010, 09:19 PM
You should get Hondata KPro to utilize what youve modded to the car so it won't ruin the engine.
.. I know there's been quite a bit of guys new to our car forum, but lighten up lol

makavelibranded
07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
.. I know there's been quite a bit of guys new to our car forum, but lighten up lol

lol i know and there has been alot of new peoples, it just gets frustrating to read what people are doing and saying, I used to be able to sit back and let all the ep gods here correct them and send them on there way but all the gods dont post anymore haha

Passenger
07-30-2010, 09:29 PM
lol i know and there has been alot of new peoples, it just gets frustrating to read what people are doing and saying, I used to be able to sit back and let all the ep gods here correct them and send them on there way but all the gods dont post anymore haha

Yeah. Epcrack does seem to be in a little bit of a downfall for some reason. But it cracks me up cause everytime I see a new guy post stuff it reminds me of back when I first had the ep.

makavelibranded
07-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Ya I remember how I was lol I was a damn never touched a car before ricer lol.

classiccelica
07-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Well Passenger I thank you for always being soo cool for as long as I have been on here as well. I think I joined in 2006 or so and I have always heard nice things from you sir. This is what the automotive forums are about, fellowship and understanding as we all need help from time to time. Me being a new father and all I can't just sit here all day long and look for past threads and topics to find the information I really need. If anyone needs help and if I have the answer, dont hesitate to ask.

eurosteez
07-31-2010, 11:01 AM
You should probly get engine managment to utilize what youve done before you ruin the engine.

For sure I need Kpro and its next on the wish list but for the time being I dont think 310cc injectors are going to "ruin" my engine. 440's on the stock ecu maybe would but 310 is slightly above stock. The car doesnt smell, sound, or drive rich. I actually think they give more power at the top end when boost kicks in.

Damn Im still a newb....ouch. just supercharged last week =)...SC newb I am...but Ive been up in my honda NA motors for 8 years now. Im not an expert but Im not a newb...just sayin.

so back to the injectors....the idea for the 310 injectors was to squeeze a bit more power out of the JRSC-Street kit with the stock ECU and 4.4" pulley. However EPhatch has shown me the Kpro light and I am drawn to it.

classiccelica
07-31-2010, 03:24 PM
The only thing the 310cc will do for you is make you run excessively rich. Thus with too much fuel you can wash the cylinder walls and piston rings weakening them to the point of destruction. The only real benefit to extra fuel within reason if you have no way of tuning it is it keeps cylinder temperatures down a bit.