PDA

View Full Version : Tokico Blue Gas Shocks with stock springs?

satanicboner666
07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up some Tokico Blue Gas Shocks at a cheap price. They come with lowering springs but I'm not interested in lowering my car AT ALL. I'm not interested in going ANYTHING lower than stock, not even half an inch. Can I run stock springs on these shocks or are they specifically only made for lowering springs? I know some shocks need lowering springs because the stock ones will bind on each other and ride like shit. Also the previous owner had the suspension on Neuspeed racing springs with a 2.5 and 2.25 inch drop for about 16,000 miles. From what I understand these shocks are made to be an upgrade to an OEM strut, and I know by experience if you drop on the stock struts they will be blown very very quickly. Could these possibly be blown?

Lets hear your opinions!

VIZHUNZ02SI
07-28-2010, 06:11 PM
i have'em they a good alternative if you dont wanna lower your hatch. every shock or strut blows at a point in time, whether your stock height or lowered

satanicboner666
07-28-2010, 06:37 PM
i have'em they a good alternative if you dont wanna lower your hatch. every shock or strut blows at a point in time, whether your stock height or lowered

Does it ride noticably smoother, stiffer and eat bumps better? I'm just not too happy with how this car takes bumps in the road, it keeps skippin my cds lol.

satanicboner666
07-31-2010, 10:33 AM
anyone have some responses to my questions?

nonamealr
08-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Does it ride noticably smoother, stiffer and eat bumps better? I'm just not too happy with how this car takes bumps in the road, it keeps skippin my cds lol.

Get a new CD player that doesn't skip/ has ipod/aux input. Problem solved lol.

I have tokico blues with h&r race springs, so can't really help you there. But it's almost exactly the same as stock feel, just a little stiffer.

dyeownsme
10-25-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm planning on going with the same set-up, seems like the best better without going lower

Is there any difference between the 02' and 03' struts?