PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Turbo. Are you bored? READ ME!

spartan
07-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Do you ever make the sound effect of a turbo spooling up, an then a BOV to finish it off?
I do, I do that all the time. At least a 100x a day. It's because all I think about is getting my car finished. I think I'm almost there but the reality is I still need like another year maybe two to accomplish what I have in mind.

How many of you say: DON'T TRUST A USED TURBO KIT (ESPECIALLY FROM EBAY)?
I know I do. Been fucked before.

I've been thinking about this turbo kit for a long time (from ebay) & it's brand new. please take a look an tell me what you think. Looks good to me, but then again what do I know.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBONETICS-turbo-kit-02-03-04-rsx-dc5-non-type-s-/180536520113?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a08d0adb1

My build is going to consist of:
K20Z1 (zero miles) w/ perhaps getting the head a stage II port and polish & 3 angle valve job.
K20A2 Trans w/ at least a stage II clutch kit and LSD
RBC Intake Manifold w/ 74mm throttle body & Hondata IMG
550 or 650 cc injectors
Of course KPRO w/ RSX Type S ECU
And that turbo kit I referred to w/ a 3inch exhaust

My goals will be to run at least 350 whp or more on pump gas boosting 15psi.
Now am I crazy or is that possible?

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

Twisted-X
07-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't know shit about turbo-ing eps, but since the DC5 radiator support is shaped differently would the intercooler piping in that kit work?

spartan
07-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't know shit about turbo-ing eps, but since the DC5 radiator support is shaped differently would the intercooler piping in that kit work?

I could always improvise. I just really like the kit cuz it comes with a renown turbo charger an its $1600!

playap07
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
haha i do that turbo spooling up sound all the time and end it of with the good hks bov sound! im having boost withdrawls right now cause i been separated from my car for a while thanks to the good deployments. Me and my friend who has a turbo car make those noises all the time and talk shit about whos going to whoop whos ass. He has a SRT-4, a fucking quick one too!

looks like you got a nice build list! i wish you the best on it and enjoy the boost! its addicting!!!

nmrwr85
07-31-2010, 09:54 PM
I built my own turbo kit with a lot of ebay stuff, such as an intercooler just like that one and the t-bolt clamps like those.
I can tell you from experience, the intercooler piping isnt the greatest...It doesnt fit perfect, and doesnt have lips on the edges to help keep it from blowing couplers off. The t-bolt clamps i got broke slightly past finger tight...well maybe a little more than that, but i ended up spending around $120 on all new t-bolt clamps after just about every single ebay clamp snapped. The turbo is well, turbonetics, so nothing bad there, the manifold is good cause you wont ever break it or crack it, and the oil supply line looks good. The oil return line sucks, the wastegate isnt the best and can cause boost creep or even fail altogether...not saying it will, but can.
If i were you, i would look into pricing the individual good pieces, and see how much it would cost to replace the bad parts of that kit with better parts, and do the math.
I havent had a problem with my intercooler kit like that one, other than the not so perfect fitment. No problems with the manifold or turbo, oil supply line, or even the BOV, and the down pipe isnt bad, but you should look into t-bolt clamps, wastegate, and return line. Also, the couplers...You'll need a reducer from your throttle body to piping, and the 90's it comes with are worthless, not even the right size.
If you shop around, you can get all of the good pieces cheaper than $1600. The biggest thing is the turbo, but that is probably the lowest model of a turbonetics you can buy. Hope the info helps, coming from someone who has used some of those parts.

spartan
08-01-2010, 02:48 AM
haha i do that turbo spooling up sound all the time and end it of with the good hks bov sound! im having boost withdrawls right now cause i been separated from my car for a while thanks to the good deployments. Me and my friend who has a turbo car make those noises all the time and talk shit about whos going to whoop whos ass. He has a SRT-4, a fucking quick one too!

looks like you got a nice build list! i wish you the best on it and enjoy the boost! its addicting!!!

thanks man, an i was begainning to think i was the only one with a turbo in my mouth haha!

spartan
08-01-2010, 02:54 AM
I built my own turbo kit with a lot of ebay stuff, such as an intercooler just like that one and the t-bolt clamps like those.
I can tell you from experience, the intercooler piping isnt the greatest...It doesnt fit perfect, and doesnt have lips on the edges to help keep it from blowing couplers off. The t-bolt clamps i got broke slightly past finger tight...well maybe a little more than that, but i ended up spending around $120 on all new t-bolt clamps after just about every single ebay clamp snapped. The turbo is well, turbonetics, so nothing bad there, the manifold is good cause you wont ever break it or crack it, and the oil supply line looks good. The oil return line sucks, the wastegate isnt the best and can cause boost creep or even fail altogether...not saying it will, but can.
If i were you, i would look into pricing the individual good pieces, and see how much it would cost to replace the bad parts of that kit with better parts, and do the math.
I havent had a problem with my intercooler kit like that one, other than the not so perfect fitment. No problems with the manifold or turbo, oil supply line, or even the BOV, and the down pipe isnt bad, but you should look into t-bolt clamps, wastegate, and return line. Also, the couplers...You'll need a reducer from your throttle body to piping, and the 90's it comes with are worthless, not even the right size.
If you shop around, you can get all of the good pieces cheaper than $1600. The biggest thing is the turbo, but that is probably the lowest model of a turbonetics you can buy. Hope the info helps, coming from someone who has used some of those parts.

hey thanks a shit load, very helpful reply.
I don't know much about how to shop for turbo.
which turbo would you recomend? like what is the best bang for my buck?
and the other parts u said i should have replaced, replace them with what?

nmrwr85
08-01-2010, 09:18 AM
No problem.
I did a lot of searching on the internet, not just ebay, for parts i needed. Like the wastegate, i got a tial wastegate brand new for like $120, normally wouldve been $250 or more, just for example.
As far as the turbo goes, everyone has their own opinion. I went with a precision 5031 which is pretty much the cheapest precision you can buy, but theres nothing wrong with turbonetics, or garrett. Ball bearing is more expensive than journal bearing, and you have to run coolant lines with a ball bearing.
You have to do research to find out what compressor and turbine housing is gonna work with your set up that you plan on running. I used a .60 compressor, .63 turbine housing.
I ordered a lot of parts from clubep3.com, got my couplers from boostcontrollers.com, t-bolt clamps from turbohoses.com, and used my bidding skills on ebay to get some really good deals. I got lucky with oil supply and return lines, because here in phoenix, theres a store called the parker store that specializes in making lines and hoses at a pretty cheap price but im sure you can find a site that has them cheap.
Im sure some others will chime in with other places you can find this stuff and opinions on which turbo and other parts are best, so just keep checking in.

TigerBallZ
08-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I suggest not touching the head with the port/polishing. Keep your 5spd and that means you don't need the RSX-S ecu. There is not need to upgrade the throttle body also. So with the money saved there, you can piece together your own "kit" with a better quality turbo manifold, turbo, wastegate, and bov. I don't see anything wrong with getting an "ebay" intercooler kit. I'm saying it will work, but it's not the best to be clear on that.
It depends on the turbo to say how much boost you're going to run. You can shoot for a desired whp and pick your turbo from that.

spartan
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
No problem.
I did a lot of searching on the internet, not just ebay, for parts i needed. Like the wastegate, i got a tial wastegate brand new for like $120, normally wouldve been $250 or more, just for example.
As far as the turbo goes, everyone has their own opinion. I went with a precision 5031 which is pretty much the cheapest precision you can buy, but theres nothing wrong with turbonetics, or garrett. Ball bearing is more expensive than journal bearing, and you have to run coolant lines with a ball bearing.
You have to do research to find out what compressor and turbine housing is gonna work with your set up that you plan on running. I used a .60 compressor, .63 turbine housing.
I ordered a lot of parts from clubep3.com, got my couplers from boostcontrollers.com, t-bolt clamps from turbohoses.com, and used my bidding skills on ebay to get some really good deals. I got lucky with oil supply and return lines, because here in phoenix, theres a store called the parker store that specializes in making lines and hoses at a pretty cheap price but im sure you can find a site that has them cheap.
Im sure some others will chime in with other places you can find this stuff and opinions on which turbo and other parts are best, so just keep checking in.

awesome, you have a lot of valuable information. but when it comes to compresser or turbo housing specs i get lost.
I know the brands pretty well, I know that Garrett is a worldwide leader in turbo systems.

spartan
08-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I suggest not touching the head with the port/polishing. Keep your 5spd and that means you don't need the RSX-S ecu. There is not need to upgrade the throttle body also. So with the money saved there, you can piece together your own "kit" with a better quality turbo manifold, turbo, wastegate, and bov. I don't see anything wrong with getting an "ebay" intercooler kit. I'm saying it will work, but it's not the best to be clear on that.
It depends on the turbo to say how much boost you're going to run. You can shoot for a desired whp and pick your turbo from that.

I want a 6spd trans cuz my trans isn't goin to last much longer. 3rd gear grinds a lot, prolly a syncro? And its getting worse.
Plus i have an LSD for the a2 trans & it has a much shorter gear ratio.
I know ebay intercooler isnt top choice but like you said it'll work.
I wanna make it work for at least a year. Like build this with basic parts then replace with better parts.
My buddy can hook me up with the stage 2 port & polish for $450, so why not.

spartan
08-01-2010, 04:04 PM
So Since my engine is brand new my buddy told me i have to break in the engine at least 3k miles before i can beat the shit out of it.
Now i thought it was a little more miles then that.

he also told me i can break it in with the turbo, I just have to change the oil after 1k miles twice then i can change the oil in regular 3k mile intervals.
Does that make sense?
Also wouldn't i need an upgraded fuel pump? Walboro

nmrwr85
08-01-2010, 08:07 PM
awesome, you have a lot of valuable information. but when it comes to compresser or turbo housing specs i get lost.
I know the brands pretty well, I know that Garrett is a worldwide leader in turbo systems.

If you can get the compressor maps, i can give you the math to read them...its a lot easier than it seems, and that way you get the perfect turbo.

nmrwr85
08-01-2010, 08:53 PM
So Since my engine is brand new my buddy told me i have to break in the engine at least 3k miles before i can beat the shit out of it.
Now i thought it was a little more miles then that.

he also told me i can break it in with the turbo, I just have to change the oil after 1k miles twice then i can change the oil in regular 3k mile intervals.
Does that make sense?
Also wouldn't i need an upgraded fuel pump? Walboro

Most modern engines are broken in from the factory, but heres something pulled straight out of the owners manual. "Help assure your vehicle’s future
reliability and performance by paying
extra attention to how you drive
during the first 600 miles (1,000 km).
Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid
acceleration.
Avoid hard braking for the first
200 miles (300 km).
Do not change the oil until the
scheduled maintenance time.
You should follow these same
recommendations with an
overhauled or exchanged engine, or
when the brakes are relined"

You shouldnt need a walbro at this time, but it would ensure you dont have fueling problems.

sleepy ep3
08-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Shouldnt need the RSX ecu if he gets Hondata and the Hybrid Racing speedo converter. I would recommend Precision turbo over Turbonetics ANY DAY. And prettu much once you cross the 250-260 HP mark, you WILL need a walbro. I would go with cams and valve springs over a port and polish job as well.

spartan
08-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Most modern engines are broken in from the factory, but heres something pulled straight out of the owners manual. "Help assure your vehicle’s future
reliability and performance by paying
extra attention to how you drive
during the first 600 miles (1,000 km).
Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid
acceleration.
Avoid hard braking for the first
200 miles (300 km).
Do not change the oil until the
scheduled maintenance time.
You should follow these same
recommendations with an
overhauled or exchanged engine, or
when the brakes are relined"

You shouldnt need a walbro at this time, but it would ensure you dont have fueling problems.
If you can get the compressor maps, i can give you the math to read them...its a lot easier than it seems, and that way you get the perfect turbo.

Wow it doesn't take long to break in at all. I read it takes about the same for an upgraded clutch to break in. but this is all for a stock engine, should it still apply with a turbo installed? And don't i need to dyno tune it, wait kpro should have a base map i can use while i break it in right?

...getting the perferct turbo huh, i like the sound of that.

spartan
08-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Shouldnt need the RSX ecu if he gets Hondata and the Hybrid Racing speedo converter. I would recommend Precision turbo over Turbonetics ANY DAY. And prettu much once you cross the 250-260 HP mark, you WILL need a walbro. I would go with cams and valve springs over a port and polish job as well.

When I talked to a rep from Hondata an he told me it would be best to go with the Type S ECU. I already have it.
It's i brand new engine, why would i swap out the cams an valve springs? i dont have a hook up on that.
What is/does the hybrid racing speedo converter? (do)

spartan
08-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Check out this turbo kit i found. I know the bidding has ended, but I've been emailing the seller.
What do you guys think. I like it a lot. Worth $700?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170519375221&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

nmrwr85
08-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Wow it doesn't take long to break in at all. I read it takes about the same for an upgraded clutch to break in. but this is all for a stock engine, should it still apply with a turbo installed? And don't i need to dyno tune it, wait kpro should have a base map i can use while i break it in right?

...getting the perferct turbo huh, i like the sound of that.

I just put a new clutch in my car, competition stage 4 and light weight flywheel, and it says to break in the clutch for 500 miles, so thats what im in the process of doing. Im not sure what the difference would be with a turbo, because you're gonna wanna drive it easy anyways and make sure all your new pieces were put on right without leaks or problems. When i got my kpro, i got it from the local tuner, and he put a base tune on it for me. He had to know the map sensor i was using, and i think he asked injector size.

nmrwr85
08-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Check out this turbo kit i found. I know the bidding has ended, but I've been emailing the seller.
What do you guys think. I like it a lot. Worth $700?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170519375221&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I would say the turbo is worth it along with a few other pieces but you're gonna need a new turbine and compressor housing, and i personally wouldnt run a used turbo unless a had a place that rebuilds them, take a look at it. The housings will run about 100 a piece and if it needs to be rebuilt, thats about 200 . The intercooler looks rough....Im not sure i would pick it up or not. Anyone else wanna chime in on this one?

spartan
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Well he's parting out the kit now on clubrsx
here's the link.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=730684

Now im not so sure, what do you think

superchargedk20
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I would never touch used turbo parts ever. Do it right and get new parts. There was a horror story on here not to long ago about someone who got screwed on a greddy kit from a member on here. If ur goin the ebay way i would talk to Gtimportfanatic, he has had success running a EMUSA turbo kit he got from ebay

nmrwr85
08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I would never touch used turbo parts ever. Do it right and get new parts. There was a horror story on here not to long ago about someone who got screwed on a greddy kit from a member on here. If ur goin the ebay way i would talk to Gtimportfanatic, he has had success running a EMUSA turbo kit he got from ebay

There you have it...dont buy used turbo parts.
Thats basically what most of my parts consist of, is the EMUSA parts sold on ebay. I have the intercooler kit, the down pipe, and the manifold and couldnt be happier with it for what very little i paid for it.
All the parts that really matter though, i bought legit stuff, so with some good google skills, along with ebay, I put together my own kit with extras, such as my water/meth, exhaust, fuel rail, and other items for what you could buy a decent kit for, and ended up with parts i wanted...so do your research.

spartan
08-03-2010, 12:39 AM

haha dude that was me.
thanks for the advice.

spartan
08-03-2010, 12:40 AM
There you have it...dont buy used turbo parts.
Thats basically what most of my parts consist of, is the EMUSA parts sold on ebay. I have the intercooler kit, the down pipe, and the manifold and couldnt be happier with it for what very little i paid for it.
All the parts that really matter though, i bought legit stuff, so with some good google skills, along with ebay, I put together my own kit with extras, such as my water/meth, exhaust, fuel rail, and other items for what you could buy a decent kit for, and ended up with parts i wanted...so do your research.

you know fuck it. i think thats what ill do. but what do i do with the extra parts?

superchargedk20
08-03-2010, 12:43 AM
haha dude that was me.
thanks for the advice.

haha really? Man i hope it worked out in the end for u on that

nmrwr85
08-03-2010, 07:51 AM
you know fuck it. i think thats what ill do. but what do i do with the extra parts?

Put the extra parts up for sale and make some money back. Put it up on craigslist locally so you dont have to deal with shipping.

Passenger
08-03-2010, 09:05 AM
vroom PSH vroom vroom PSH vrooooooooooooooom BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH PSH

Heitzke
08-03-2010, 09:24 AM
I would say the turbo is worth it along with a few other pieces but you're gonna need a new turbine and compressor housing, and i personally wouldnt run a used turbo unless a had a place that rebuilds them, take a look at it. The housings will run about 100 a piece and if it needs to be rebuilt, thats about 200 . The intercooler looks rough....Im not sure i would pick it up or not. Anyone else wanna chime in on this one?

What? Why would he need a new turbine and compressor housing?

I also don't see a problem with utilizing used turbo parts. I'd be inclined to buy a new wastegate and oil lines, but besides that, what's the point?

Passenger
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
vrooom vrooom psh, vrooooom psh.

nmrwr85
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
What? Why would he need a new turbine and compressor housing?

I also don't see a problem with utilizing used turbo parts. I'd be inclined to buy a new wastegate and oil lines, but besides that, what's the point?

Why a new turbine and compressor housing? Did you miss what size they were??!! 50 compressor, 48 turbine. And why would you need new oil lines/. thats one of the few things that are kind of hard to mess up...

spartan
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM
vrooom vrooom psh, vrooooom psh.

Hahahaha!! i was kinda hoping everyone would reply to my thread starting with that.

spartan
08-03-2010, 01:47 PM
So that Turbonetics/God Speed kit link i first put up is still my best bet?
Should i go with an even cheaper one on ebay, then replace the parts?
which would you recommend?

Heitzke
08-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Why a new turbine and compressor housing? Did you miss what size they were??!! 50 compressor, 48 turbine. And why would you need new oil lines/. thats one of the few things that are kind of hard to mess up...

Did I miss the sizes? No. It's just a small turbo. Oil lines are pretty vital parts, and also pretty cheap assurance IMO. It's like an exhaust gasket, sure you can reuse them, but it's probably a good idea to change them from time to time.

nmrwr85
08-03-2010, 10:26 PM
So that Turbonetics/God Speed kit link i first put up is still my best bet?
Should i go with an even cheaper one on ebay, then replace the parts?
which would you recommend?

You could pick up the EMUSA kit for $680, and get rid of a few parts for better ones, like the wastegate, return line, t-bolt clamps etc. and see how long the turbo lasts or sell it and buy a better one, Or you could buy the pieces individually, like the intercooler for $200, down pipe for $135, manifold/turbo combo(precision turbo with emusa manifold) for $690 and then buy all the small pieces. Either way, i would forget about the ebay kit you first pulled up.
Its the same exact kit as the EMUSA kit, but twice as much. So you could spend $680 plus $550 for a precision turbo =$1230, or buy the same kit for $1600 with a turbonetics turbo. i dont think the turbonetics is worth $1000. Hope that helps...Im not saying go with the EMUSA kit, but it has the same parts you've been looking at in other kits, but for slightly less cash out of your pocket.
Theres a million ways you could go, you just have to see which way your wallet will let you go.

Passenger
08-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Did I miss the sizes? No. It's just a small turbo. Oil lines are pretty vital parts, and also pretty cheap assurance IMO. It's like an exhaust gasket, sure you can reuse them, but it's probably a good idea to change them from time to time.

Looks like I have my go to guy when I finally get turbo'd in 8-14 years.

spartan
08-03-2010, 11:58 PM
haha really? Man i hope it worked out in the end for u on that

Nope, i got ass'd out $800+
they only time out of over 100 purchases i got screwed on ebay.

Heitzke
08-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Theres a million ways you could go, you just have to see which way your wallet will let you go.

+1 right there. I'm also glad to see that someone else has a good outlook on the basic eBay components.

Looks like I have my go to guy when I finally get turbo'd in 8-14 years.

Haha, we'll see how it goes whenever I finally go turbo myself. I need to stop buying/reselling turbo parts.

spartan
08-04-2010, 07:59 AM
I was also thinking of goin with a Haltech or AIM digital dash. I hate running wires for pod gauges an they attracts a lot of attention.
Thieves, cops, looky loo's. In SD someones always trying to steal your shit.
But those damn digital dashs cost over $1200!! worth it? haha

sleepy ep3
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I just lowered the price on a bunch of my turbo stuff. You should take a look if you want to go turbo with good parts for cheap.

spartan
08-04-2010, 05:32 PM
I just lowered the price on a bunch of my turbo stuff. You should take a look if you want to go turbo with good parts for cheap.

hey thanks dude, pm sent.

spartan
08-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Is this the right ebay kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120602331781&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

gtimportfanatic
08-05-2010, 08:29 AM
yeah thats the one right there.. sorry dude i got ur message kinda late.. but this is the same one that im running and like i said.. its been about 11k miles now .. not a hiccup at all.. mostly because of my Tune.. but i mean the turbo still spools good.. altho i wanna replace it soon for something bigger.. the car feels normal again lol.. the only thing is that ur gonna have to have a dumptube made and u have to get bigger injectors obv

nmrwr85
08-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Is this the right ebay kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120602331781&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thats the one...

nmrwr85
08-05-2010, 09:19 AM
yeah thats the one right there.. sorry dude i got ur message kinda late.. but this is the same one that im running and like i said.. its been about 11k miles now .. not a hiccup at all.. mostly because of my Tune.. but i mean the turbo still spools good.. altho i wanna replace it soon for something bigger.. the car feels normal again lol.. the only thing is that ur gonna have to have a dumptube made and u have to get bigger injectors obv

Dumpt tube, bigger injectors, and either a plug for the secondary O2, or an extension. I had bad luck with the t-bolt clamps and some of the couplers also.

gtimportfanatic
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
couplers were fine.. i broke 2 tbolts.. and im using the regular o2 for the secondary

spartan
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
ok dudes now im really excited!
How many pounds are you guys boosting?
gtimportfanatic did u also replace the wastegate, return line, t-bolt clamps etc... anything else replaced?

nmrwr85
08-05-2010, 09:04 PM
gtimportfanatic did u also replace the wastegate, return line, t-bolt clamps etc... anything else replaced?

I only made it to about 8 1/2 lbs of boost...but now with the new clutch im shooting for 12 or 13. My car should be retuned in a few weeks at most. Just try ing to put some miles on the clutch before i go on the dyno.

Passenger
08-05-2010, 09:10 PM
vrrrrooooom psh, vrooom psh.

spartan
08-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I only made it to about 8 1/2 lbs of boost...but now with the new clutch im shooting for 12 or 13. My car should be retuned in a few weeks at most. Just try ing to put some miles on the clutch before i go on the dyno.

good idea, which clutch setup did you go with?

spartan
08-05-2010, 11:15 PM
vrrrrooooom psh, vrooom psh.

oh god i cant wait, zooOOOoom kissh!

gtimportfanatic
08-05-2010, 11:26 PM

i replaced the oil feed line.. i had one made.. because the ebay ones kink easily .. i am thinking about replacing the gate.. so far its been good.. im boosting 9lbs . return line is good and they give u a nice setup to use which doesnt leak for me anyways.. when u get the kit u can hit me up fr any advice

gtimportfanatic
08-05-2010, 11:31 PM

listen to my wastegate how loud it is.. all the noise u hear comes from my car basically lolol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYJpAtfxTc4&feature=player_embedded

spartan
08-05-2010, 11:58 PM
cool man thanks for the info, an to everyone else!
your car sounds wild. does't even sound too loud.

sleepy ep3
08-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Don't you hate it when your car feels "normal" again?? LOL I spent over 8K to not feel normal this time. Dyno sheets to come... anyway :focus:

sleepy ep3
08-06-2010, 12:06 AM
You will fall in love with your EP3 all over again, I guarantee it. Sorry, too lazy to multi-quote

nmrwr85
08-06-2010, 07:58 AM
good idea, which clutch setup did you go with?

The tuner suggested the competition clutch stage 4, so i got that with the light weight flywheel. I like it so far but i have to start doing one legged squats for my right leg, cause the left one gets a good work out with the clutch lol.

nmrwr85
08-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Heres mine with an open dump tube and 3" exhuast, no cat, no resonator, just a skunk2 3" muffler.
The trailblazer red lighted....Oh and this is why you should make sure you have a good oil return line. I hot lapped the car and on this run i melted the oil return line...so if you look close you can see my james bond smoke screen. lol
My best time was a 14.1 on 6 psi(low boost) high boost i would spin all the way down the track...time for some better tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetvmk9BQ-k

spartan
08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Heres mine with an open dump tube and 3" exhuast, no cat, no resonator, just a skunk2 3" muffler.
The trailblazer red lighted....Oh and this is why you should make sure you have a good oil return line. I hot lapped the car and on this run i melted the oil return line...so if you look close you can see my james bond smoke screen. lol
My best time was a 14.1 on 6 psi(low boost) high boost i would spin all the way down the track...time for some better tires.

The tuner suggested the competition clutch stage 4, so i got that with the light weight flywheel. I like it so far but i have to start doing one legged squats for my right leg, cause the left one gets a good work out with the clutch lol.

Damn melted it!? knarly! I don't don't think im gonna run a cat either just a resonator.

and DAMN stage 4 clutch!? i bet your leg looks a lot like Heman's leg.
hey what gauges are you rocking?

nmrwr85
08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Damn melted it!? knarly! I don't don't think im gonna run a cat either just a resonator.

and DAMN stage 4 clutch!? i bet your leg looks a lot like Heman's leg.
hey what gauges are you rocking?

I just have a stewart warner 15 psi boost gauge, but an AEM wideband is gonna be coming soon. I just have the single gauge pod on the steering column, so i'll have to figure out a new place to mount the wideband once i get it. I dont like the pillar pods because i like the sleeper look i have, and that would kind of mess that up. My car is all stock on the outside, stock height, wheels, etc. and my intercooler is anodized black...complete sleeper.

gtimportfanatic
08-07-2010, 08:29 AM
cool man thanks for the info, an to everyone else!
your car sounds wild. does't even sound too loud.

the exhaust is quiet... the wastegate dump is loud

gtimportfanatic
08-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Don't you hate it when your car feels "normal" again?? LOL I spent over 8K to not feel normal this time. Dyno sheets to come... anyway :focus:
yeah but when i get on it in 2nd and rip 225/50/16 bfgoodrich drag radials.. i smile and im good

spartan
08-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I just have a stewart warner 15 psi boost gauge, but an AEM wideband is gonna be coming soon. I just have the single gauge pod on the steering column, so i'll have to figure out a new place to mount the wideband once i get it. I dont like the pillar pods because i like the sleeper look i have, and that would kind of mess that up. My car is all stock on the outside, stock height, wheels, etc. and my intercooler is anodized black...complete sleeper.

Dude super sleeper! that sounds awesome! I've seen people mount gauges on that empty hole next to the hazard lights button. I want that steering colum one w/ a shift light attatched. I don't have to rock oil pressure, water temp, or exhaust temp gauges? How would i blacken the emusa intercooler?

spartan
08-08-2010, 01:32 PM
yeah but when i get on it in 2nd and rip 225/50/16 bfgoodrich drag radials.. i smile and im good

sick mode!

spartan
08-08-2010, 01:43 PM
did anyone have a problem with mounting that intercooler an then with putting the front bumper back on?
I have some eBay special fog lights that's lasted me a good while, doesn't look like they're gonna work after the intercooler is installed.
I have to take out everything in the mouth of the front bumper don't i?

superchargedk20
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
did anyone have a problem with mounting that intercooler an then with putting the front bumper back on?
I have some eBay special fog lights that's lasted me a good while, doesn't look like they're gonna work after the intercooler is installed.
I have to take out everything in the mouth of the front bumper don't i?

Should be fine. I have Oem honda ones but regardless, u shoudl still be fine. Cut the grill on the bumper too. Make that bad boy stick out lol

spartan
08-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Should be fine. I have Oem honda ones but regardless, u shoudl still be fine. Cut the grill on the bumper too. Make that bad boy stick out lol

as much as i want it to stick out (lol) i cant, i live in San diego an cops here are super anal (lol)
how do i get it anodized black, spray paint?

nmrwr85
08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Dude super sleeper! that sounds awesome! I've seen people mount gauges on that empty hole next to the hazard lights button. I want that steering colum one w/ a shift light attatched. I don't have to rock oil pressure, water temp, or exhaust temp gauges? How would i blacken the emusa intercooler?

I had my intercooler anodized black because spray paint can clog the passages that the air flows through and will also chip off after time, but you could spray it, just dont spray it too heavy. There should be a shop in san diego that does anodizing, shouldnt be more than like $60 to have it done.
As far as the gauges go...I only run the boost, and the wideband will be coming soon, so I cant answer that. You have a water temp gauge on your cluster, and you would have to get an oil pressure gauge with an electric sending unit, other wise you may not pass tech inspection at the track if they happen to be anal about it. You can run an EGT gauge, the emusa down pipe has a small bung for it, but thats all up to you.

nonamealr
08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
REALLY off topic, but spartan looks like you and me got our avatars from the same place.

Oh, and um vroom, psh... LOL:tehehyper:

spartan
08-10-2010, 05:09 PM
REALLY off topic, but spartan looks like you and me got our avatars from the same place.

Oh, and um vroom, psh... LOL:tehehyper:

haha, I don't remember were i got this pic from i think i just googled EP3. yours looks like its from Initial D.

spartan
08-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I really wanna get the Sidewinder style turbo manifold, but i think im getting way too ahead of myself.
My goal is to just get this engine swapped an boosted for at least a year before any major upgrades.
But before i can spend money for under my bonnet im desperately trying to get the ITR brembo brake conversion going.
I just need control arms an F sway bar an i can start the surgery. wish me luck dudes.

spartan
08-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I had my intercooler anodized black because spray paint can clog the passages that the air flows through and will also chip off after time, but you could spray it, just dont spray it too heavy. There should be a shop in san diego that does anodizing, shouldnt be more than like $60 to have it done.
As far as the gauges go...I only run the boost, and the wideband will be coming soon, so I cant answer that. You have a water temp gauge on your cluster, and you would have to get an oil pressure gauge with an electric sending unit, other wise you may not pass tech inspection at the track if they happen to be anal about it. You can run an EGT gauge, the emusa down pipe has a small bung for it, but thats all up to you.

hey will the column gauge pod made for rsx fit perfect on ep?
Also i was wondering if the RBC im is better then the ITR PNF? im

nonamealr
08-12-2010, 07:40 AM
haha, I don't remember were i got this pic from i think i just googled EP3. yours looks like its from Initial D.

Actually it's from Automodellista. Capcom made it around 2002 i think, i still have it for ps2, but can't play anymore cuz i got i traded in my 80GB for a new slim.(not backwards compatible)

spartan
08-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Actually it's from Automodellista. Capcom made it around 2002 i think, i still have it for ps2, but can't play anymore cuz i got i traded in my 80GB for a new slim.(not backwards compatible)

Can i have it?

nonamealr
08-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Can i have it?

LOL sure why not. Give me an address and i'll ship it to you. I think all i'd need is 2 stamps instead of one? It's an awesome game, teaches you about cars, racing lines etc. You can learn a lot just from playing the game. I took a pic of my screen for the avatar lol.

superchargedk20
08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL sure why not. Give me an address and i'll ship it to you. I think all i'd need is 2 stamps instead of one? It's an awesome game, teaches you about cars, racing lines etc. You can learn a lot just from playing the game. I took a pic of my screen for the avatar lol.

haha i have that game. i still have my ps2 even though i have ps3 aswell. The game is ok but its super easy and theres no unlockin mods. Everythings given to u off the bat

gtimportfanatic
08-13-2010, 05:32 AM
yeah i used to fuck that shit up.. i never owned it .. but i borrowed it from my friend back in high school shit was the shit

superchargedk20
08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
yeah i used to fuck that shit up.. i never owned it .. but i borrowed it from my friend back in high school shit was the shit

lol

spartan
08-13-2010, 08:22 PM
dudes i really want that game now. I've never hear of it.

nmrwr85
08-14-2010, 05:54 PM
dudes i really want that game now. I've never hear of it.

I was just on corsportusa.com and they have the ep3 column gauge pod listed as EP3/RSX, so im assuming so. As far as the different intake manifolds go, I dont think it matters with forced induction. NA it would make a difference, but not when you're forcing air into it. Thats my opinion.

spartan
08-15-2010, 02:53 AM
I was just on corsportusa.com and they have the ep3 column gauge pod listed as EP3/RSX, so im assuming so. As far as the different intake manifolds go, I dont think it matters with forced induction. NA it would make a difference, but not when you're forcing air into it. Thats my opinion.

Right again.
Well that Autometer column gauge has a nice look to it. I like it a lot
but i've been eye ballin this dual pod steering column one. peep it.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATI-ESP-EPOD-52&Category_Code=ATI-HONDA&Store_Code=EM
doesn't look as sharp but it's deffinitly more practical for the 3 gauge only set up i want. 3rd gauge is gonna go next to the right of the shifter. (not sure where else i should put it.)

spartan
08-15-2010, 03:14 AM
Those of you that have been keeping up with this thread an posting your valued information i thank you!
I came to a conclusion today, I wanna do this swap in stages since i am very very poor.
First Stage - EMUSA Turbo my K20A3.
then during my "first turbo experience" save up for K20A2 trans w/ Stage II clutch, lightened flywheel, an OEM or AM LSD.
Second Stage - K20A3 turbo/A2 trans w/ mods
Then during my Turbo 6 speed experience i can save to do all the mods I planned to have w/ upgraded turbo & maybe extra mods on my K20Z1 motor.
Final Stage - Finally swap that Z1 in an be happy!!

I figure this is the way to go that way i can buy all the parts i need an have fun along the way.
I plan on completing everything within 1 year or 12k miles time.

Now which ECU am i to KPRO? Cuz i have a Type S and EP ECU. I'm a little confused on how i do this since im gonna be using the K20A2 trans.

spartan
08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
$3600 to turbo my a3
very depressing.

sleepy ep3
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I have a Rev Hard mani for $100 shipped. It'll get you started.:mwink:

spartan
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I have a Rev Hard mani for $100 shipped. It'll get you started.:mwink:

thanks dude but that emusa kit already comes with turbo mani

$3900* to turbo my A3... forgot about injectors.

superchargedk20
08-20-2010, 01:46 AM
thanks dude but that emusa kit already comes with turbo mani

$3900* to turbo my A3... forgot bout injectors.

i paid 3500 for my revhard stage 2 and it came with injectors. does ur 3900 include kpro or is that seperate?

spartan
08-20-2010, 07:58 AM
i paid 3500 for my revhard stage 2 and it came with injectors. does ur 3900 include kpro or is that seperate?

Yeah w/ kpro
pretty much everything i need.
including fabricating a custom dumptube & RSX Type S tranny.

Passenger
08-20-2010, 08:07 AM
bwahhhhhhh PSHHHH bwah bwah PSH bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh psh bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh psh bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sleepy ep3
08-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I paid $3700 back in the day from Corsport. Sounds like he might be getting jipped for 3900

spartan
08-22-2010, 03:32 AM
I paid $3700 back in the day from Corsport. Sounds like he might be getting jipped for 3900

how so?
this is just my estimation.
What did $3700 get you?

gtimportfanatic
08-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Guys hes including the price of kpro and a 6spd tranny lol not just a turbo kit .. Dude if i were to put it like u i spent aa lil less
Turbo kit 700
Injectors used 150
Kpro plus boost solenoid 1000
Stage 2 clutch 400
Tune 400

I didnt have to pay for any fab.. Bcuz my friend did it up for me

superchargedk20
08-22-2010, 10:17 AM

yea but was ur 3700 with kpro? hes payin 3900 includin his kpro which sounds pretty damn good to me. I dont trust those ebay kits. I rather spend extra and get a good known name kit but its workin for gtimportfanatic so i cant really say anything

05 hatch
08-22-2010, 04:52 PM
vvrrrroooom ssshh. I wish my car got to that. bump for boost.

spartan
08-23-2010, 02:22 AM
yea but was ur 3700 with kpro? hes payin 3900 includin his kpro which sounds pretty damn good to me. I dont trust those ebay kits. I rather spend extra and get a good known name kit but its workin for gtimportfanatic so i cant really say anything

I am getting the ebay kit.
It's worked for more then one person & for a good amount of time.
I'll post my list tomorrow.

spartan
08-23-2010, 02:23 AM
vvrrrroooom ssshh. I wish my car got to that. bump for boost.

Bump for having an 05 hatch

spartan
08-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Parts list:

(1) Boost gauge - $20-$60
(1) Oil pressure gauge - $20-$60
(1) Wideband gauge - $200 AEM
(4) 650cc injectors - $200-$400
Steering column dual gauge pod - $90
Hondata Kpro - $1000
K20A2 transmission - $1000-$1200
Light weight flywheel -$250-$300
Stage II clutch kit - $350-$450
EMUSA Turbo Kit - $670
Dump Tube - $20

Now does it make sense?

spartan
08-26-2010, 07:07 PM
looks good

looks expensive.

sleepy ep3
08-26-2010, 07:44 PM
JUST BUY IT ALL ALREADY, PUT IT ON YOUR CAR, MAKE A VID AND POST IT!!!!!! Gawd. :censored:
Sorry, long day.

spartan
08-26-2010, 09:45 PM
JUST BUY IT ALL ALREADY, PUT IT ON YOUR CAR, MAKE A VID AND POST IT!!!!!! Gawd. :censored:
Sorry, long day.

hahahaha
i wish i could...

sleepy ep3
08-26-2010, 10:31 PM
The wait is worth it. The first time you hear it spool and your car starts to move the hell out, it's like oh shit, and hell yeah mixed into one.

spartan
08-29-2010, 02:24 PM
I want TURBO!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Complete-Turbo-Kit-Honda-Civic-Si-02-05-EP3-K20-Bolt-/200510316676?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

any1 think its worth it?

yeah dude that's the kit. read the rest of the thread & see what else you need too.

gtimportfanatic
08-31-2010, 04:27 AM
their are just a lot of story's, can you sum it up in one REPLY?

8 months.. 12000 miles.. zero issues.. i made 263whp 235trq on 7 pounds

n this is me againts a revhard k24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYJpAtfxTc4

k24 on 11lbs and i was on 9lbs

spartan
08-31-2010, 01:09 PM
8 months.. 12000 miles.. zero issues.. i made 263whp 235trq on 7 pounds

n this is me againts a revhard k24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYJpAtfxTc4

k24 on 11lbs and i was on 9lbs

dude i cant get enuff of your video, something i can look forward too.
Haha funny thing, i started this post talking about making a turbo bov sound with my mouth an when i watched your video this is what was reccomended to me after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=QXDNxkUiUws&feature=related

freshdot
09-01-2010, 03:15 PM
i would opt for a walbro 255 along with an FPR, rail, atleast 350 CC injectors..fuel is the most important part of your boost setup

spartan
09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
i would opt for a walbro 255 along with an FPR, rail, atleast 350 CC injectors..fuel is the most important part of your boost setup

dude 255lph is way too big, on the website it says that's reccomended for 500+ horse power. I'm just gonna go with the 190lph edition, even that's for 400+ hp
350cc injectors are too small, im gonna go with 550cc - 650cc
your right fuel is super important, so it all needs to have a balanced use.

spartan
09-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Do I need type S oil pump?
I'm going with RBC IM with a hondata IMG
But the website says excluding K20Z3
Still gonna work bolted up using my Z1 or A3 head?

EP3Casas
09-06-2010, 03:02 AM
dude 255lph is way too big, on the website it says that's reccomended for 500+ horse power. I'm just gonna go with the 190lph edition, even that's for 400+ hp
350cc injectors are too small, im gonna go with 550cc - 650cc
your right fuel is super important, so it all needs to have a balanced use.

get the 255 its always nice to have the cushion there. ur gunna need bigger injectors than 650's. i wpuld opt for 750's

and the rbc will fit an a3 head just have to mod the water port and wat not. type s oil pump is required for high reving( 8k+)

i would also get rid of the lightweight flywheel. u will lose revs as fast as u gain them. and with a turbo spool is everything. unless u can WOT shift pretty good keep it.

spartan
09-06-2010, 08:22 PM
get the 255 its always nice to have the cushion there. ur gunna need bigger injectors than 650's. i wpuld opt for 750's

and the rbc will fit an a3 head just have to mod the water port and wat not. type s oil pump is required for high reving( 8k+)

i would also get rid of the lightweight flywheel. u will lose revs as fast as u gain them. and with a turbo spool is everything. unless u can WOT shift pretty good keep it.

Damn 750cc? why?
do i have to mod the water port on a z1 head too?
what does WOT mean?

EP3Casas
09-07-2010, 07:48 AM
i always go big. because eventually u will want more. and if your not running a fuel return line u will need the 750's.
if your running a z1 head u dont have to mod the water port.
WOT=Wide Open Throttle

spartan
09-07-2010, 07:00 PM
i always go big. because eventually u will want more. and if your not running a fuel return line u will need the 750's.
if your running a z1 head u dont have to mod the water port.
WOT=Wide Open Throttle

Yeah i see your point, i will want more. Thanks for the info.
I just got an RBC im, i was gonna throw it on my A3 for a lil extra hp but i think ill wait for the swap
I wanna get a hondata img for this but i was told it wouldn't work.
why not?

EP3Casas
09-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah i see your point, i will want more. Thanks for the info.
I just got an RBC im, i was gonna throw it on my A3 for a lil extra hp but i think ill wait for the swap
I wanna get a hondata img for this but i was told it wouldn't work.
why not?
hindata img wont work? maybe for clearance issues with the core supprt? but i doubt it ive seen img in mod lists with RBC's

but yea id hold off if ur gunna do a z1 head swap anyways. to save money i would do the vtec killer with boost and an a2 oil pump waaaaayyy cheaper. and i dont think any1 has done it. you could be a trand setter.

spartan
09-07-2010, 11:52 PM
hindata img wont work? maybe for clearance issues with the core supprt? but i doubt it ive seen img in mod lists with RBC's

but yea id hold off if ur gunna do a z1 head swap anyways. to save money i would do the vtec killer with boost and an a2 oil pump waaaaayyy cheaper. and i dont think any1 has done it. you could be a trand setter.

yeah i've seen it too, wonder how they get it to work.
That build sounds cool but i have a brand new K20Z1 sitting in my room.
I just wanna boost an blow my k20a3 before i swap it. I still need a transmission too.

TigerBallZ
09-08-2010, 05:06 AM
You will be fine using a lightweight flywheel. I've been using an Exedy 9lbs for my stock A3 Revhard setup and my current A2 Full-Race setup.

EP3Casas
09-08-2010, 08:41 AM
ooo ok so you have a full swap waiting to be put in?

you dont have a transmission?

spartan
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
ooo ok so you have a full swap waiting to be put in?

you dont have a transmission?

yeah, i just wanna port & polish the head, get that oil pump, and transmission an i should be good to go...
I'm guessing... Never swaped an engine before. never fixed up a car at that.

Oh yeah plus that ebay turbo kit that was used by a few other members.

spartan
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
hey i was wondering if i need to worry about detonation or running lean.
I was told by an older tuner that's what i have to really worry about.
He said there is a gauge or something that will blink when the motor is about to blow an if you turn of your engine you can save it.
Any idea if this is a good investment? anybody sport it?
Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I've started checking things of my turbo list :)
Oil press gauge - Prosport
Boost Gauge 20 psi - Auto Meter

EP3Casas
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
my buddy has something similar to this for his focus. i guess u can set it to s specific knock count and when it gets to that knock that light blinks or something pretty trick set up.

you wont have to worry about detonation or running lean if u have a good tune. which you will need

gtimportfanatic
09-13-2010, 01:15 AM
u can get a tunerview for your kpro... look into it.. Xenocron sells em for around 220 or so.. essentially tho if ur tuned by a good tuner u usually dont worry about it.. and our ecus are intelligent enough to tell u when ur runnnig too lean or if ur running rich.. alotta older cars werent like that... i got my car tuned at xenocron and its the mintiest tune ever.. car runs like stock interms of issues and i made real good power

TigerBallZ
09-15-2010, 12:13 AM
K-Pro already has those safety features...Lean cut, boost cut. Make sure to have your tuner set those cuts so you don't blow your motor. It has saved my motor plenty of times.

gtimportfanatic
09-16-2010, 05:15 AM
K-Pro already has those safety features...Lean cut, boost cut. Make sure to have your tuner set those cuts so you don't blow your motor. It has saved my motor plenty of times.

lol ya... my wastegate diaphragm decided to rip and the car started over boostin... luckily my tune had this on there!

spartan
09-17-2010, 12:22 AM
damn kpro really is the shit
I've heard rumors that Hondata is going to discontinue Kpro.
I don't believe it but there are a lot who do.

gtimportfanatic
09-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Kpro is ultimate if they discontue it its to do something else

spartan
09-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Kpro is ultimate if they discontue it its to do something else

what size injectors are you using?

gtimportfanatic
09-19-2010, 08:10 PM
55lbs... or 580cc

spartan
09-22-2010, 12:19 AM
55lbs... or 580cc

damn you made nice power with that size!
I think im still gonna go with 650cc, everything else seems way too big.

i just bought Karcepts RBC Adapter With Vaccum/Boost Port Option, new for $60!
& RBC intake manifold new for $150

spartan
09-24-2010, 04:43 PM
on my karcepts adapter instructions it says you gotta cut a chunk off the RBC manifold to make the Hondata img fit right... so thats how they do it.

sleepy ep3
09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
damn you made nice power with that size!
I think im still gonna go with 650cc, everything else seems way too big.

i just bought Karcepts RBC Adapter With Vaccum/Boost Port Option, new for $60!
& RBC intake manifold new for $150
I have a set of Siemans 650 cc injectors with about 5k on them. Sell them for $100 shipped. Lmk

spartan
09-30-2010, 09:13 PM
My buddy told me that a thinner head gasket can raise your compression.
What if i got a thicker head gasket would that lower my compression?
Isn't lower compression better for turbo? Whats a K20Z1 10:5.1? What can a thicker head gasket do?

Also i was wondering about dc5 itr cams, they do much of an upgrade? Good for turbo?

spartan
10-13-2010, 07:11 PM
my buddy told me that a thinner head gasket can raise your compression.
What if i got a thicker head gasket would that lower my compression?
Isn't lower compression better for turbo? Whats a k20z1 10:5.1? What can a thicker head gasket do?

Also i was wondering about dc5 itr cams, they do much of an upgrade? Good for turbo?

hey!

gtimportfanatic
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
z1 is 11:1 CR.. wouldnt worry bout the cams.. i dont think there is too much diff between the cams ... headgasket idea is gay.. factory usually works good..

AKEP
10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
this sounds amazing.

spartan
10-15-2010, 03:42 PM
this sounds amazing.

which part?

spartan
10-15-2010, 03:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4712.m2000054&item=170520457281&viewitem=

Z1 trans with a little over 45k miles.
look good?

AKEP
10-16-2010, 01:18 AM
everything. this is all good info. cheap turbo to start, then replaced with better parts. pretty sweet.

gtimportfanatic
10-16-2010, 06:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4712.m2000054&item=170520457281&viewitem=

Z1 trans with a little over 45k miles.
look good?

y not just use ur stock 5speed..

spartan
10-18-2010, 02:06 AM
y not just use ur stock 5speed..

I really want shorter gears an my trans is about to push 100k miles. i bought the car with 48k an there has always been something wrong with third gear. half the time it grinds when i throw it in.

AKEP
10-18-2010, 04:12 AM
im in the same boat, my third is trashed. the gearing i think, is perfect, minus no 6th/OD for hw speeds.

i figured i'd throw the tsx 6th gear, and replace the third gear while im at it.

u'd want the longer gearing for boost anyhow, now that you will have the power to use them.

spartan
10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
im in the same boat, my third is trashed. the gearing i think, is perfect, minus no 6th/OD for hw speeds.

i figured i'd throw the tsx 6th gear, and replace the third gear while im at it.

u'd want the longer gearing for boost anyhow, now that you will have the power to use them.

yeah longer gearing is ideal for the turbo, i think i'll be ok. not like this hasn't been done before... right?

AKEP
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
this thread makes me wanna go turbo. kjsdfak

jh604
11-02-2010, 07:24 AM

buy mine hehe

spartan
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM

me too dude!

AKEP
11-27-2010, 05:08 PM
wait. why havent you started buying parts yet??

spartan
11-30-2010, 02:11 AM
wait. why havent you started buying parts yet??

Cuz parts cost money!!
haha I don't make much money.
an i have bills to pay off.

spartan
11-30-2010, 02:13 AM
FILL IN THE BLANK:
It's a really bad idea to turbo my K20A3 past ________ miles on it.

AKEP
11-30-2010, 02:29 AM

Im going to do it: http://www.speedyracer.com/servlet/the-350/Turbo-Kit/Detail

next year.

superchargedk20
11-30-2010, 03:32 AM
This thread is 10 pages long and I see no progress

AKEP
11-30-2010, 06:06 AM
its broke progress LOL. its a wishing thread:mangel:
gtimport his inspired with his ebay (upgraded) kit. im in the middle of rebuilding my transmission right now, i even have the lsd right here, sitting in my lap, 80% dremeled to perfection...

My transmission rebuild (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?60207-AKEP-s-Transmission-Rebuild) IS progress, but as far as a turbo goes, not really. Soon, it will happen.

superchargedk20
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I raced gti eBay turbo. it was quick

AKEP
11-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I raced gti eBay turbo. it was quick

I know, i been stalking you. :ninjav:

We call it, inspiration.:hay:

sleepy ep3
11-30-2010, 05:57 PM
This thread is 10 pages long and I see no progress

Like a light in the dark. Couldn't have said it better.

spartan
12-01-2010, 07:32 PM
its broke progress LOL. its a wishing thread:mangel:
gtimport his inspired with his ebay (upgraded) kit. im in the middle of rebuilding my transmission right now, i even have the lsd right here, sitting in my lap, 80% dremeled to perfection...

My transmission rebuild (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?60207-AKEP-s-Transmission-Rebuild) IS progress, but as far as a turbo goes, not really. Soon, it will happen.

yeah its a wishing thread! thanks dude. this is the longest thread i ever made, feels good.
building a car is expensive. sometimes i just wana sell my car an all my stuff an build a bad ass b series.
but then i always go back to this thread and everything makes sense.

AKEP
12-04-2010, 10:42 AM
my wish may come true sooner than expected...

spartan
12-04-2010, 01:42 PM
my wish may come true sooner than expected...

yeah me too dude, im going thru hiring process for a federal job, so in 6-8 months money wont be an issue.
shit ill build another car.

AKEP
12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
everyday is another day closer.

useless bump. hows that job coming along?

spartan
12-18-2010, 10:34 PM

haha thanks!
going thru the backround investigation, so i have a while before im accepted into the academy.

superchargedk20
12-28-2010, 02:36 AM

haha thanks!
going thru the backround investigation, so i have a while before im accepted into the academy.

will u two stop jerking each other off and just turbo ur Damn ep's

AKEP
12-28-2010, 02:53 AM
end of jan im gettin it! spent too much on xmas this year.

sleepy ep3
12-28-2010, 01:25 PM
will u two stop jerking each other off and just turbo ur damn ep's

^^^^truth^^^^

superchargedk20
01-02-2011, 02:40 AM
end of jan im gettin it! spent too much on xmas this year.

I'm holding u to this!

AKEP
01-02-2011, 03:22 AM
I'm holding u to this!

13th/28th if nothing breaks. its gunna happen!

car is also going into the shop, got side swipped. new front bumper and driverside paint :mbiggrin:

might be ordering injectors too...

Stop hatin'!

edit: put moar vids up of your car man

superchargedk20
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
All i really got

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYJpAtfxTc4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYuiHvlfBs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM7lVxGghbg

gtimportfanatic
01-02-2011, 04:15 PM
imma want a before and after when i got the motor in.. like.. before turbo and after turbo.

superchargedk20
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM
imma want a before and after when i got the motor in.. like.. before turbo and after turbo.

im never racing u again lol

spartan
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
will u two stop jerking each other off and just turbo ur Damn ep's

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
sorry dude.
I'm poor as fuck.
plus im gonna kpro an 6 speed before turbo.

AKEP
01-03-2011, 02:39 PM

what tranny are you using? or did you change the final?

superchargedk20
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
what tranny are you using? or did you change the final?

Ep3 tranny

sleepy ep3
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
@ Supercharged K20.
Car looks quick. Nice runs. What the hell was going on in the second video? Now that the K24 is in there, future plans?

AKEP
01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Ep3 tranny

type r cluster huh..

superchargedk20
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
@ Supercharged K20.
Car looks quick. Nice runs. What the hell was going on in the second video? Now that the K24 is in there, future plans?
This older guy was in a GT500. He was driving aggresively so i said screw it lets see if he wants to run. Its a Gt500 so i know imma lose. I catch up to him and we go at it and to my suprise i was pulling on him. In my mind im saying to myself, no one will beleive me without video proof. So i pulled out my camera and asked if he wanted to go. I was shifting and filming at the same time. I asked him if it was a real Gt500 and he said yes and that it has cams and upgraded supercharger. I was like did my 327whp ep3 just spank a 500hp supercharged mustang with mods?!!?!
At this time i think im done wit the car. I did everything i wanted to do it. The clutch is over the tq capacity its rated for so i dont want to boost it more. So for power im content. Only thing i might want to do is progress rear sway with skunk2 gold LCA's. But i duno.

type r cluster huh..

yes sir

gtimportfanatic
01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
pussy!! lol.. at least race me k24 6spd all motor lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
sorry dude.
I'm poor as fuck.
plus im gonna kpro an 6 speed before turbo.

im doin 6spd before boost too

lbk02si
01-04-2011, 08:18 AM
This older guy was in a GT500. He was driving aggresively so i said screw it lets see if he wants to run. Its a Gt500 so i know imma lose. I catch up to him and we go at it and to my suprise i was pulling on him. In my mind im saying to myself, no one will beleive me without video proof. So i pulled out my camera and asked if he wanted to go. I was shifting and filming at the same time. I asked him if it was a real Gt500 and he said yes and that it has cams and upgraded supercharger. I was like did my 327whp ep3 just spank a 500hp supercharged mustang with mods?!!?!
At this time i think im done wit the car. I did everything i wanted to do it. The clutch is over the tq capacity its rated for so i dont want to boost it more. So for power im content. Only thing i might want to do is progress rear sway with skunk2 gold LCA's. But i duno.

yes sir

welcome to the wonderful world of power to weight ratios! plus the pustang driver probably didn't have the driver mod either! ;)

spartan
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM
just came to a conclusion, ,my hp goal has changed.
I'll be happy with 300-350 turbo'd hp.
550cc injectors
port&polish head
12-15psi
that's it. everything else will be stock.
except the trans.

AKEP
01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
yeah im aiming for 350-ish, or whatver 10 psi will give me on a k24a2.
tranny is gettin done too.

sleepy ep3
01-18-2011, 06:54 PM
just came to a conclusion, ,my hp goal has changed.
I'll be happy with 300-350 turbo'd hp.
550cc injectors. WONT HAPPEN. will need bigger size, and fuel pump
port&polish head :unnecessary:
12-15psi
that's it. everything else will be stock. Bad idea for DD
except the trans.

Fixed

AKEP
01-18-2011, 07:13 PM
550's not enough? what about 600, 800s?

superchargedk20
01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
u should be good with thsoe injectors. Im using 530cc and am at 327 and the duty cycle isnt even close to maxing out

sleepy ep3
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
u should be good with thsoe injectors. Im using 530cc and am at 327 and the duty cycle isnt even close to maxing out

327 on what? A dynojet?

superchargedk20
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
327 on what? A dynojet?

yea.

AKEP
01-18-2011, 09:53 PM
didnt think i needed more than 550s.. thanks.

spartan
01-19-2011, 02:21 AM
550cc is plenty large enough
I forgot to put i already have the Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump.
And i have to get the head decked anyways so P&P while im at it.
Its gonna be a super fun daily driver you mean haha!
By the time i get this done an cage up the car its gonna be used for about a year then register it as an off road vehicle.

My goal is to race Eric Moon.
and beat him.

gtimportfanatic
01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
see.. im tryna spin 4th.. so i need them ID1000's lol

spartan
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
you're nuts dude!
I'm finally putting on my ITR Brembo brake/suspension conversion on tomorrow
so after that I can sell my ep 5 lug + wheels
get my vacation check from work
tax return...
= kpro & turbo kit. :)

NhocCuteGirlz
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
see.. im tryna spin 4th.. so i need them ID1000's lol

| Instant File Find 1.7.1 (http://soft444.com/2010/12/18/instant-file-find-1-7-1/) | BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper Pro 3.3.5.5 (http://soft444.com/2011/01/18/baygenie-ebay-auction-sniper-pro-3-3-5-5/) | CheapestSoft All to iPod Movie Converter 4.0.1 (http://soft444.com/2011/01/18/cheapestsoft-all-to-ipod-movie-converter-4-0-1/) | SunlitGreen Photo Editor (Portable) 1.3.0.1083 (http://soft444.com/2010/12/10/sunlitgreen-photo-editor-portable-1-3-0-1083/) | Plato Blu-ray DVD Ripper 11.11.02 (http://soft444.com/2010/12/16/plato-blu-ray-dvd-ripper-11-11-02/)

AKEP
01-19-2011, 11:50 PM
lol
-quote button = [Reply With Quote] on bottom right.

yeah you do that dre. crazy. lol.

this friday or next = turbo+injectors =3

gtimportfanatic
01-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Tone. u already know.. no fuckin around lol.. i think tho im more into dropppin that k24 in first

AKEP
01-20-2011, 04:27 AM
yours or mine? as soon as that tax return hits my account.

gtimportfanatic
01-20-2011, 04:35 AM
mine nugga

spartan
01-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Just found out i only owe $900 more on my car.
I think I'm gonna see if i can apply for a $3k loan
emusa kit, K20A2 trans, injectors, kpro.
That should cover that.

AKEP
01-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Just found out i only owe $900 more on my car.
I think I'm gonna see if i can apply for a $3k loan
emusa kit, K20A2 trans, injectors, kpro.
That should cover that.

good shit. pay it off!

spartan
01-31-2011, 01:28 AM
hey dudes I found my self a bitchin hook up for parts.
Walbro 255lph fuel pump kit $85 shipped
Competition Clutch Stage 4 clutch kit $345 shipped
He is also a dealer for hybrid racing, innovative, drop engineering, precision and borg warner turbos,RC injectors, etc...
he told me he can beat any ebay price.
Want his email let me know.
He's got a Z1 tranny with 47k miles for sale for $950
I'm jumpin on this shit!

AKEP
01-31-2011, 06:24 PM
what about Amazon pricing?
http://www.amazon.com/HFP-Electric-Performance-Chevrolet-Blazer/dp/B004KWBJIG/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1296523980&sr=1-1
Walbro 255 &70 shipped.

and how fast can he ship that clutch? i want in...

AKEP
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
ordered. should be here by the end of this coming week.

spartan
02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
ordered. should be here by the end of this coming week.

What did you get?

AKEP
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
emusa turbo kit. its here now =]

spartan
02-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Hey im going to send in my ecu to finally get Kpro.
I just need to take it out an ship it right?

superchargedk20
02-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Hey im going to send in my ecu to finally get Kpro.
I just need to take it out an ship it right?

pretty much. Make sure u pay the extra for next day. I shipped mine next day and literally got it the next day. Fastest turn around ive ever seen

AKEP
03-01-2011, 01:43 AM
yup.

spartan
03-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I sent in my 05 ECU, what does it mean when they say the PNF ecu has neither reverse lockout nor secondary runner control.

gtimportfanatic
03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
i think those got fixed.. but PNF ECU is ep3 ECU.. the prb ECU from the rsx-s has reverse lockout for the 6th gear.. if u had a 6spd in ur EP.

spartan
03-08-2011, 10:59 PM
So when i switch to 6 speed it wont be a problem?
When i get my ecu back what can i expect?
Do i need to do any kind of tuning?

superchargedk20
03-08-2011, 11:13 PM
whats ur mods? theres a basemap i know for boltons on there

spartan
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
whats ur mods? theres a basemap i know for boltons on there

V2 short ram intake
DC shorty header
2 1/2 or 3 inch exhaust (with a bunch of exhaust leaks) i cant remember and a magna flow muffler.

I'm thinking of buying a OBX race header and redoing the exhaust 3inch (no cat maybe a resonator) and greddy spectrum elite muffler, keep V2 intake.
You think that could help, or would it make no difference.
I have to run 91 octane now don't i?

superchargedk20
03-09-2011, 05:53 PM
A race header yes. And until u do a turbo or supercharged there's no need for a 3in. And yes u need to atleast run 91. My ep only gets 93. Hell my stock type s gets 93 lol. And a raceheader eliminates the cat

spartan
03-10-2011, 12:40 AM
A race header yes. And until u do a turbo or supercharged there's no need for a 3in. And yes u need to atleast run 91. My ep only gets 93. Hell my stock type s gets 93 lol. And a raceheader eliminates the cat

well im just going to get the 3inch now cuz im going turbo in a couple months.
Wat kind of gains can i expect?

superchargedk20
03-10-2011, 01:59 AM
well im just going to get the 3inch now cuz im going turbo in a couple months.
Wat kind of gains can i expect?

from wat I remember 3in exhaust only benefits when u start getting around 250 whp. If ur gona turbo just do the 3 in at the same time

spartan
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
well i already have 3inch but i have a fuck ton of exhaust leaks so im just gonna get it redone now.

when i get the turbo installed how do i get a street tune or download a map so i can drive my car properly?
without having to go to a dyno

superchargedk20
03-10-2011, 03:47 PM
theres base maps in kpro. Just load one from the02-05 SI section. Dont beat on the car. Just drive it conservatively to the tuner

bolaep3
03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I would just keep your a3 tranny add a z3 lsd and a tsx 6th gear. why buy a new tranny if you already have one you know?

AKEP
03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
cause $200 for a good 5 spd is better than $400+ for modding one.

spartan
03-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I would just keep your a3 tranny add a z3 lsd and a tsx 6th gear. why buy a new tranny if you already have one you know?

like i've said there's something wrong with my third gear, grinds half the time i shift.
I also have no idea how to do add the tsx 6th gear or LSD

bolaep3
03-12-2011, 02:36 PM
cause $200 for a good 5 spd is better than $400+ for modding one.

I guess I missed the post that states he's getting a good 5 spd for $200. I though he was buing a type-s one for $1000.

spartan
03-14-2011, 06:19 PM
I was thinking.
what would happen if someone used a sidewinder turbo manifold with a really small turbo

spartan
03-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Got Kpro.
Hondata sent my PNF ecu back an said it couldn't be modded.
So i bought my buddies PNF ecu that has kpro already.
I'm not running it tho, he said it's set up for K24A2 an ill run lean.
he told me if i set it up for my A3 it's still goin to run lean. And it needs to be tuned.
not sure why.
He said i also have to get the immbolizer code from the dealership to make it even work on my car.
What should I do?

AKEP
03-24-2011, 01:15 AM
get the immobilizer synced and toss it in. i dont feel like reading, what motor are you running?

superchargedk20
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
u can turn the immobilizer off

spartan
03-24-2011, 12:34 PM
get the immobilizer synced and toss it in. i dont feel like reading, what motor are you running?

What does that mean? and i just have a K20A3 w/ short ram V2 & putting on a race header an 2.25 exhaust as soon as i can find a gasket and bolts with springs for the axle back and midpipe.

u can turn the immobilizer off

What does that mean?

superchargedk20
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Since ur using a different ecu ur car wont start because of the immobilizer. Just hook up ur laptop to kpro. Go under Parameters Go under MISC. Ull see immobilizer enabled. Uncheck the box. Load it up with whatever base map ur using and then ur car will start. If u dont uncheck that box ur car wont start

spartan
03-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Since ur using a different ecu ur car wont start because of the immobilizer. Just hook up ur laptop to kpro. Go under Parameters Go under MISC. Ull see immobilizer enabled. Uncheck the box. Load it up with whatever base map ur using and then ur car will start. If u dont uncheck that box ur car wont start

COOL
do i need a laptop or can i just use my pc?
an i don't need to go to the dealer for anything then right?
Sorry if i seem like a total moran i just wanna do it right.

AUTiger
03-24-2011, 02:50 PM
you can only use your pc if you run an extension cord out to the car. The ecu has to be in the car when you upload the calibration. I had to do that the first time I got k-pro, til I could get to a friends house who had a laptop that I could borrow

sleepy ep3
03-24-2011, 03:53 PM
you can only use your pc if you run an extension cord out to the car. The ecu has to be in the car when you upload the calibration. I had to do that the first time I got k-pro, til I could get to a friends house who had a laptop that I could borrow

I too was in the extension cord crew when I got kpro. Shit sucks

AKEP
03-24-2011, 10:06 PM
you can only use your pc if you run an extension cord out to the car.
lmfao

you can take the ecu and your keys to honda and they will sync them so you can keep the immobilzer in use. i think it costs like $40?

yeah get back to me on that pm too.

Akeeg4
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Instead of buying an ebay kit and replacing parts I just peiced together a kit

Rev hard manifold
Rev hard intercooler with piping
Rev hard downpipe
Tial 38mm wastegate
precision sc6169e .60 cold .63 hot
Fast turbo send and return

I spent 610 on the turbo, downpipe and oil lines, and 345 on the manifold intercooler and wastegate.

Personally I think this was a better option than buying an ebay kit and having to replace parts. I'm only 955 deep and got the parts I wanted and don't have to replace anytthing.

I already had rc650 injectors and a greddy blow off valve from my greddy kit.

spartan
04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Well guys i sold my K20Z1. Shipping out Monday.
Thinking of doing:
K24A1 CR-V maybe Z1 head with port an polish, not sure.
EMUSA Turbo kit
K20A2 Transmission
K20A OEM flywheel
Stage 2 clutch kit
1000cc injectors
RBC IM w/ Hondata img, karcepts adapter, and 70mm Hybrid racing tb (own already)

Think i can get all this with $2k?

Oh yeah how many of you are running the type s oil pump?
My buddy said it's good to have but i dont really need it.

AKEP
04-29-2011, 11:34 AM
6 puck.

AUTiger
04-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Well guys i sold my K20Z1. Shipping out Monday.
Thinking of doing:
K24A1 CR-V maybe Z1 head with port an polish, not sure.
EMUSA Turbo kit
K20A2 Transmission
K20A OEM flywheel
Stage 2 clutch kit
1000cc injectors
RBC IM w/ Hondata img, karcepts adapter, and 70mm Hybrid racing tb (own already)

Think i can get all this with $2k?

Oh yeah how many of you are running the type s oil pump?
My buddy said it's good to have but i dont really need it.

for 2k. Not going to happen. If you have to buy everything that you have listed, plus all the extras to turbo, you are looking at more like 4-5k.

spartan
05-02-2011, 12:01 AM
for 2k. Not going to happen. If you have to buy everything that you have listed, plus all the extras to turbo, you are looking at more like 4-5k.

Yeah definitely not.
k24 $6-700
I really want 6spd so that's $800-1k
I'll have a few hundred left over give or take.maybe enough to pay for the swap

dyeownsme
05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Great thread, very informative.

I'd love to build my own kit if I was to go turbo...

+Drool

spartan
05-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Great thread, very informative.

I'd love to build my own kit if I was to go turbo...

+Drool

Im glad this thread is still informative.
have any question dude anyone here is glad to help, but make sure you do some research just to make sure.

spartan
07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey guys im getting ready to finally do my K24A1 swap with K20A2 trans. just waiting on an LSD
Im doing it myself with a few friends.
I've never done an engine swap.
What kind of hurdles can i expect?
I can use my stock wiring harness an stuff right?
do i need a laptop for kpro ready?
What do i need to know??????
Thanks friends.

AKEP
07-22-2011, 03:23 PM
nothing really, maybe that c clip on the trans being the hardest part. highly suggest a lift if u can and pull motor from bottom. much easier. all you would have to do is unbolt things andlift the car.

yes.

it would b nice but not needed (right away) for a crv swap.

if u can swing a new clutch and fly i'd just put it all togetether and make life easy. also pulling out the harness from the ecu is not that hard either, and its easier to transfer it over to the new motor this way instead if in the bay, for lack of room. i only took the main harness out, not the charge or anything. that big rubber grommet thing on the harness is easy to redo, you just have to put the rubber on it first before you pop the plug back in the firewall.

its pretty simple. you can pretty much wing it all by looking at whats connected. hit me up if u need help.

spartan
07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
nothing really, maybe that c clip on the trans being the hardest part. highly suggest a lift if u can and pull motor from bottom. much easier. all you would have to do is unbolt things andlift the car.

yes.

it would b nice but not needed (right away) for a crv swap.

if u can swing a new clutch and fly i'd just put it all togetether and make life easy. also pulling out the harness from the ecu is not that hard either, and its easier to transfer it over to the new motor this way instead if in the bay, for lack of room. i only took the main harness out, not the charge or anything. that big rubber grommet thing on the harness is easy to redo, you just have to put the rubber on it first before you pop the plug back in the firewall.

its pretty simple. you can pretty much wing it all by looking at whats connected. hit me up if u need help.

Thanks buddy. Hope this goes well, But there is still time before i swap.