PDA

View Full Version : Type-R Momo steering wheel + crusie controlls

Jukka
07-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm curious, with the JDM momo steering wheel, i know that most if not all the cars that came with the momo steering wheels didn't come with cruise from factory, or if they did, they use a different style switch. I was wondering if its possible to hook up cruise on a car with the momo wheel or not? Or if its not possible to do on the actual wheel its self, what people have done to retain the cruise, if anything?

usedep3
07-29-2010, 01:35 PM
it's possible. if you install the CTR momo wheel onto your ep, everything (including the airbag, cruise control switch, plastic covers, brackets, etc) will transfer over

Jukka
07-29-2010, 01:39 PM
will the usdm airbag work in the CTR wheel??? I found a guy selling a wheel here, but its just the actual wheel its self, no colum, no air bag, just wheel.

Passenger
07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
will the usdm airbag work in the CTR wheel??? I found a guy selling a wheel here, but its just the actual wheel its self, no colum, no air bag, just wheel.

IIRC for one reason or another it wont. I might be wrong though.

thaseint
07-29-2010, 02:45 PM

Yes it will. The USDM bag fits the Momo wheel just fine.

The CC parts will swap over just fine. Just need to swap the plastic covers and internal plastic pieces. Pretty self explanatory once you have the wheels in front of you.

My wheel with USDM airbag (red vinyl 'H'), removed CC.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/thaseint/548.jpg

Jukka
07-29-2010, 03:56 PM
awesome...i just got a hell of a deal on one. Yet another part of my interior build that is gonna take a while to install..lol

Kerby
07-30-2010, 06:09 AM
the JDM airbag with the red H will not work with the USDM system. If I remember... the JDM is a 2wire system, where the USDM is either a 3 or 4. So the JDM harness will not clip in. Thus your Airbag idiot light will be constantly on.

Passenger
07-30-2010, 07:14 AM
^Must've been thinking of that then.. Good pick up Valo

Jukka
07-30-2010, 08:00 AM
got that + a european indicator stock with the rear fog switch for less than $200CDN :mcool::mbiggrin:

usedep3
07-30-2010, 08:37 AM
the JDM airbag with the red H will not work with the USDM system. If I remember... the JDM is a 2wire system, where the USDM is either a 3 or 4. So the JDM harness will not clip in. Thus your Airbag idiot light will be constantly on.

yup. Kerby's right. the CTR airbag is a single stage where as the USDM is a 2 stage airbag. It is not a direct bolt on because of this. however, there are DIYs available on CRSX on how to remove/reinstall the CTR airbag cover. both ways are kinda iffy/scary. one is to remove the cover. the other is to remove the detonator. both are kinda dangerous.

Jukka
07-30-2010, 10:04 AM
so wait...the usdm air bag does fit in the MOMO wheel, but the jdm/european air bag wont fit the north american coloum because of of the fact its a single stage, correct??

Kerby
07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
no no no no
The USDM and the JDM airbags are identical dimensionally. They also look similar as well.
Either combination that your imagination can come up with will work mechanically. The Dimensions, positions, bolts are all on the same location.
You can mix and match parts using a JDM and USDM wheels to make it work.

Electrically they differ.

The JDM airbag has a 2-pin harness connector.
The USDM airbag has a 3-pin harness connector.

If you decide to use the JDM airbag with the authentic Red H - be prepared to live with the Airbag indicator lighted all the time becuase you won't be able to connect it.

Jukka
07-30-2010, 02:04 PM
ohhhhhhh...okay..yea i got just the wheel. plus i like the black H anyways. And if i ever decide to change, i have a corsport vinyl kicking around my room.

Civic5lug
07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I had a nice DIY before the last crash on how to do this :mfrown: I'll have to re write it one day

stealth
07-30-2010, 06:32 PM
It is very easy to put the use the jdm center portion as well. I posted a reply in 5lugs original diy about it. *** Do this carefully, if you get hit by an airbag in yo face it is not my fault *** Flip over both airbags Us and Jdm, remove three weird nuts on each, put Us detonator in jdm housing and bam jdm red h airbag on your momo wheel and you are jdm fresh

stealth
07-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Thought I'd add a pic, yeah I know my wheel was a little rough. It didn't help it was shipped thrown on a pallet with my seats and fenders with no padding :(

http://a.imageshack.us/img166/8425/dsc01488rw0.jpg